Jellebrium:Coralwood Lagoon Inn.

Discussion in 'Forglar Swamp' started by Leadrz, Jun 9, 2015.

1. Leadrz

Leadrz I need me some PIE!

For Survivablity you must try to combine the majestic guys with the phys resist guys and opt for the catalysts as sort of damage by tanking damage. as it was mentioned Jellebrium need to use the best positioning you can, due to my above statement.

That's also why I run metaphorphis with the equipment so I can try to disable and one round key enemy runes before they can deal damage.

Gekaal was my magic dam/DoT killer. That and I always play around Gekaal with the idea that they will try to kill him ASAP I ran him with scry to get rune reveals.

Lushiris likes this.
  2. Hekau718

Hekau718 I need me some PIE!

First, thank you for your replies Lushiris and Leadrz.
    I'll change my bg back to how I had it before (copying one of the bg's in this thread), save for drown and Mastermind's-
    I find the Firk Mastermind to be incredibly good in Jellies. They don't get the Mastermind speed buff, but do get the Battlemaster's +2 damage and +1 defence. Grant aura is a fine ability aswell. Buffed up with amp I had my guys hitting for around 20 damage ( +1 banner, +2 Commander, + 2 Battlemaster +40% amp ). I could go the other way and play the stalling game with indirect damage, as going the damage boost path will result in a marginally worse battlegroup against other factions/themes who use any buffs.
    Here's a few more questions I'm hoping you'd answer:
    Is Drown worth it in Jellies? ( I'd imagine it's much better in decks with more water generation , as using Monsoon just for Drown is quite an investment.)
    Is it worth running Draksar Psion/ Voidmage for 6 range? I'd opt for Psions until I get my hands on Voidmages - their Dysplasia AoE can be very useful for control/stall.
    What would be some key control/stall cards in FS? It's one of my least played factions, so I might be missing something big. I've been using Hungry Mire quite effectively. Dropping it in front of mid font early has won me games.
    And finally,
    If used by a competent player (e.g, better than me.) , what tier are jellies? Can they be comfortably exotic league (old ranking, still getting used to the new ones) for example?

Thank you for replies, sorry for wall of text.

3. Hekau718

https://poxbase.com/deck/ChmchWCq-cqWCdgcd@CdhCzbCdkCdjs1s6Tsxs1gs7qs5Bs54r3grNrWe2ze1Xe3q
    This is what I'll be running. - I took out one Extispicer, I run one with Soulseeker, use him for the Psychic Anguish mostly, didn't get much use from Shadowstrike. 1 Mastermind for Give:Aura, Command: Dodge is nice as well. Extra Mediator for Stall. Will run one with Detection. Testing out the Twisted Emerald, seems like a pretty good way to heal up. My Coral Creepers now run: 1 with Jellymind, 1 with Transfer Life.

4. Leadrz

I'll be back on the 28-29th.
    And I'll do a full update.

Hekau718 likes this.
  5. Hekau718

Last edited: Jan 1, 2016
    Lushiris likes this.
  6. Leadrz

https://poxbase.com/deck/ChmClLcqWCdgCd@CdhCzbCdkCdjs6=s6Tsqs8HS7qs5Bs3xs54rWe2zE1X

Revised bg.
    coral creepers for their support.
    some psychic synergy for the extispicer.

right now they seem more of a mid game focused playstyle.
    working around resistances or majestic + catalyst to tie up ranged units.

Jellebrium have excellent ways to avoid the front line and keep killing / swarming enemy key units until they slowly succumb to losing their ranged.

7. Hekau718

Thank you for updating!
    A few questions popped in my mind.
    Is Noraweave a better option than Marsh song? I feel like they have the same spot in the bg.
    How come you haven't included a ping firk? He's been my main dude outside of jellies.
    Any reason you picked Mindcallers over Voidmages?
    How have you upgraded Mindbenders, Corals?

Thank you for your feedback.

8. Leadrz

mindcallers for cheap ranged, could have easily done voidmages
    i forgot a slot for pingers but if i could would do 2x
    nora weave is for when you first engage to rack up the nora when they attack you back.
    corals = transfer life
    bender = aura and catalyst

9. Leadrz

Is Drown worth it in Jellies? ( I'd imagine it's much better in decks with more water generation , as using Monsoon just for Drown is quite an investment.)
    • It can be, while you don't have to use, some people still do, with the new stuff could use the anchor that does the aoe slow for water generation.

Is it worth running Draksar Psion/ Voidmage for 6 range? I'd opt for Psions until I get my hands on Voidmages - their Dysplasia AoE can be very useful for control/stall.
    • i would run the voidmade now, with the buff and Dysplasia is great to proc catalyst

What would be some key control/stall cards in FS? It's one of my least played factions, so I might be missing something big. I've been using Hungry Mire quite effectively. Dropping it in front of mid font early has won me games.
    • Reverating blast
    • Poison trap
    • Hungry mire
    • Anchoring force / slowing anchor
    • murkwater weakness
    • backfire (anti spell-wise)
    If used by a competent player (e.g, better than me.) , what tier are jellies? Can they be comfortably exotic league (old ranking, still getting used to the new ones) for example?
    • i would assume so yes, i recall getting to a decent rank with them for a good while.

Hekau718 likes this.
  10. fattyy2k

fattyy2k I need me some PIE!

My friend plays jelles and while he is still pretty new to them, he is figuring them out pretty well. They feel like a FW variant of FS due to their long games style. They are stupid annoying and if jelly mind gets lucky, it will totally screw over your BG.

I think jelle decks are about positioning, control, and attrition.

I think the only not jelly he uses is the firk with ping

Leadrz likes this.
  11. Leadrz

yeah i'd run him too. thank you for the input. i'm putting aside some time a day to update this and improve it.

12. Hekau718

So Sok mentioned this on the Patch notes discussion:
    ''Future patches will focus on:
    • RNG champs adjustments
      • Most likely most will see nora increase of around 4 (or stat adjustments equivalent to 4 nora reduction)
      • I'll start with champs with 5+ range and work down
    • Indirect damage ability adjustments
      • Most likely to be just cost adjustments
      • But may also involve some number tweaks on the damage values
    • Passive champ adjustments
      • Starting with non-support champs, giving them attacks so their cost is more reflective of their damage potential
      • Support champs to be reviewed later
    • DOTs
      • DOTs will be limited to Rank 1 on champions with 4+ range
      • DOTs will have secondary effects removed''
    I feel like this will negatively affect already struggling jellies, as they have a bunch of indirect damage, and one of the ranged champions is pretty expensive already. Fingers crossed it won't be too bad.

13. Hekau718

So I'm trying to get back to the game after a short break. (Pox Nora is broken for me, made a ticket in tech support. Here's hoping..)
    I'm wondering how much I've missed.
    I don't think there's been major changes to jellies, but what about the meta? How are Jellebrium keeping up these days?

14. Capitulator

Capitulator I need me some PIE!

I hear Jellies are one of the strongest, if not *the* strongest, BG for FS right now.

Not a lot changed, though they got a Defender/Weaken Spells champ in the last expansion. I think it was DMrBadGuy who was saying that they're a phalanx style BG now.

Anima26 likes this.
  15. Compost

Compost I need me some PIE!

There's been 2 new jellies added since this guide was made though, and they're both reallyou good. I think the reason jellies might be the strongest FS racial is because everything else got nerfed though. Jellies had no buffs and the new one, while cool, isn't a huge game changer.

16. 4NIK8

4NIK8 I need me some PIE!

Jellies are in a pretty good state atm, but I'm not sure it's the strongest theme in FS.

Btw, do you guys know if Jellebrium Mind works with champs that have the ability and share a race or only for those that have the ability? I remember asking sok about it when they changed the wording on the ability, but I never got to test it. @Sokolov

17. Compost

Compost I need me some PIE!

Yea I think Psychic with firk/jellies mix is the best? I'm pretty sure jelly mind only works with champs with the ability, at least thats what the wording says. This is actually big considering 2 or 3 don't use the upgrade

Leadrz likes this.
  18. Anima26

Anima26 I need me some PIE!

You got an updated list for me @Leadrz

How worthy/good is Extispicer? If budget is no issue should i run 1 or 2 or none as i dont own any right now.

19. Leadrz

I love him. I think I run one probably 2.
    He's nice with soul seeker to finish off a unit. Plus if I remember correctly he can be ran at 66 Nora.

Make a trade (bronze token) I'll lend you one to test out.

Will update this soon.
    University is hectic at the moment.

20. Anima26

Anima26 I need me some PIE!

https://www.poxnora.com/trader/viewtrade.do?id=3849254

Thanks man.
    Jellies had a number of new stuff recently. Getting some love, heard the mid term might be a Jelly too.