Just a few things

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Vote Kanye 2020, Dec 30, 2014.

1. Baskitkase

Baskitkase Forum Royalty

21. Ess the eff up, boochez.

Flyingfinn likes this.
  2. Flyingfinn

Flyingfinn I need me some PIE!

Ok it's years eve. I have this feeling that shoving a rocket up my Magma Bunny benefits me more than waiting for this game, which I have loved since the young age of 13, to actually become something beautiful and enjoyable

BurnPyro and Vote Kanye 2020 like this.
  3. BurnPyro

BurnPyro Forum Royalty

that can be aranged

Baskitkase likes this.
  4. Osidan

Osidan I need me some PIE!

To the people complaining: If you're so disappointed by the game, why don't you just leave? It's better for you - and everyone else.

Gaedel likes this.
  5. SPiEkY

SPiEkY King of Jesters

Because, at its core, Pox is such a unique and amazing game, even if balance is crap at the moment.

Sealer0, OchiK, sharang2 and 5 others like this.
  6. BurnPyro

BurnPyro Forum Royalty

Pox, the concept, is mindblowingly amazing.

Unfortunatly, the people working on it are not.

7. BurnPyro

BurnPyro Forum Royalty

I'm sorry, have you noticed many people playing than lately?

No further questions.

Baskitkase likes this.
  8. PurpleTop

PurpleTop I need me some PIE!

11 is more than a few. Learn to paraphrase.
    I don't disagree, however.

9. Vote Kanye 2020

Vote Kanye 2020 Better-Known Member

It was meant to be just a few, but then all the things that ruin this game came flooding into my mind. I could probably add another 30 reasons if the need arises.

Baskitkase likes this.
  10. PurpleTop

Probably, but I doubt it would help the cause, sadly.

Vote Kanye 2020 likes this.
  11. Baskitkase

Baskitkase Forum Royalty

You could promise free plush Peetawp toys to any dev that accomplishes something meaningful in the area of balance.

12. PurpleTop

Whoa now, we don't want to make them too desperate

13. DarkJello

DarkJello I need me some PIE!

Gonna just quote my main point, so as to increase the odds of enlightenment:

"17. Life sucks worse than this game ever will, but by all means keep acting like the fate of Pox is super critical."

Keep it cool like a cucumber peeps.

14. Anotherblackman

Anotherblackman I need me some PIE!

This is the exact correct definition.

15. Dagda

Dagda Forum Royalty

i had a wall of text, but i'd probably have just hurt most people's heads if i had finished it and posted

the tl;dr is that while there are a variety of issues with this game to choose from, i can't help but think that if we had all (or most) of the community members from "the good old days", the general unrest in pox would be a lot lower

the thing that made this game for me was never the balance, or how bug free it was. it was a cross between the concept and overall execution, and the community. and the community is lacking some of the old hands that made the game more interesting in so many ways

and yeah, some were driven off by balancing issues. but others dropped because they didn't have the time or similar.

i dunno. i think every body we had was part of a wall in front of all the bugs and balance problems, that a central part of the wall got wrecked all over, and that nothing has appropriately filled the gap.

to give you some idea of how big a gap, cryfar and hash are both not here anymore

16. Vorian

Vorian I need me some PIE!

I knew it grintmaw bouncer is 25 nora too cheap! Also I wonder how much they manually adjusted dwarven king and master axeman by.

Last edited: Jan 1, 2015
  17. Gaedel

Gaedel I need me some PIE!

I do miss Master Axeman.

18. Cydna

Cydna Forum Royalty

Dwarven King became super cheap because of the formula. Pretty sure there is no manual adjustment on him.

19. WhatTheHex

WhatTheHex The King of Potatoes

How can you love corpse that much? He went full powercreep, you could only compete when you dissed out a ton of money. Sok skewered powercreep back as much as he could and did periodical shoebox buffs voted by the active community, what's not to love? Sok went full on synergy making average runes top runes in right hands in the right BG, way less goodstuff decks but a lot more themed ones (which is fun imo). I also felt a lot more involved.

What did he do that upsets you so much?

Goyo and DarkJello like this.
  20. SPiEkY

SPiEkY King of Jesters

Well, in CorspE's defence, he managed to balance things pretty well, even if it was total pay-to-compete. I especially loved how often he threw down patches, sometimes a couple a week, depending on what he had just lost to.

21. Vote Kanye 2020

Vote Kanye 2020 Better-Known Member

Sokolov made ST an absolute joke. This may have not been his intention, but ST was literally on another planet when it came down comparing it's powerlevel to that of it's other factions. I will agree however that Sok made a humongous push in the right direction, but idk, I just found the CorpsE era much more fun even if it was less balanced.