Kalasle's FF Tier List -- PS4 -- 8/30/17

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by kalasle, Apr 4, 2015.

1. themacca

themacca Master of Challenges

Well can you give me an example of what a good skeleton deck would look like now. If it's tier 1 @kalasle will be able to include it in his meta thread too

2. potatonuts

potatonuts I need me some PIE!

check the thread in fw forums

3. BurnPyro

BurnPyro Forum Royalty

SP has been top 3 for the last 6 years, but people are slow.

When your faction bonus is that good and you consistently get tools to gib whatever you come across, your faction can't be bad.

Protip, replace SP with FS and read again. Though FS is currently slightly weaker.

SPiEkY likes this.
  4. Atherhog

Atherhog I need me some PIE!

Salaman tier 1?

The 5 range change hurt on top of arcblade. Something that really surprised me, but it did.

I think in part because of maps, but also because of further positioning issues.

1.5 at best, perhaps 2

5. kalasle

kalasle Forum Royalty

You think they've dropped that much? I really doubt that they are tier 2, but could buy a drop to 1.5. They just seem to still hit fair numbers and deal solid damage. What specifically about their current form makes them average?

6. Atherhog

Atherhog I need me some PIE!

They struggle vs range champs and turtling. It's harder to get consistent evasive and hunter is easy to play around. Arcblade isn't a range option anymore.

This lack of range is major.

Also, an inability to compete on 2 fronts due to the 5 range change.

1.5 for sure.

7. kalasle

kalasle Forum Royalty

This is a good argument for dropping them on the current maps. A few are split.

Agreed. Didn't realize Arc Blade had been as large a component as you make it out.

Yeah, that'll screw you.

Alright, 1.5 sounds reasonable based on that. Will watch a couple more games if possible, regardless. Thanks for input.

8. NevrGonaGivUup

NevrGonaGivUup I need me some PIE!

I feel like skywings should be on the list here somewhere. Last time I checked they were super strong.

9. kalasle

kalasle Forum Royalty

Speculative updates with the changes. Lots of things up in the air. Cut Spirits and Voil from DtB with their loss of Surge; left worms in DtB slot, along with ST beasts. Probably should put an IS deck somewhere in DtB. Put UD Ham Aggro in DtB, not because I think it's a super-strong deck, but because you definitely need a way to fight it. Want more input, need to watch more games.

10. GoldTiger

GoldTiger I need me some PIE!

Sallys are tier 1. I'm pretty sure they could even be better than FS junk if the player is experienced enough (huge amount of decisions per turn with that BG) though not sure if that qualifies under your criteria.

11. kalasle

kalasle Forum Royalty

Hm, I haven't seen them played since the patch, or even much before that, so I'm running blind here -- could you describe what makes them good to give me a better sense of it until I find someone to watch? Are they aggressive or defensive? What answers do they have for other decks? What answers do they force other decks to have?

Yeah, that would qualify. Tier lists theoretically describe all players at equal and top-level skill, even if that may be an impractical feat. They are about matching up decks when played by the best players.

12. GoldTiger

GoldTiger I need me some PIE!

They aren't overly aggressive since they rely on their ingenuities, however an opponent can't always effectively be aggressive on them due to this phalanx style. You have a 4-8 range salaman hunter who can get butloads of damage handed to him. A well placed hunter can make it extremely hard for them to take mid. Not only that but their powerturns are the best in the game. You can come from many spaces away in a faction that isn't well known for their powerturns. You even have the potential for the contaminated wreckage foulest mushroom combo. I'll play them for you as my main deck for now hehe

13. kalasle

kalasle Forum Royalty

Cool, send me a message when you're on and I'll watch a couple games. They have flitted in and out of t1 for months, and have never really been pinned down in a spot, particularly after their more recent changes.

14. TeaNinja

TeaNinja I need me some PIE!

Breath of L'usria will make ST #1 faction.

15. kalasle

kalasle Forum Royalty

Man, I already got beasts in DtB and Junk at t1, what more do you want?

SireofSuns likes this.
  16. TeaNinja

I was just responding to people in this thread discussing the top 3 factions.

17. kalasle

kalasle Forum Royalty

And I was making a half-hearted joke. We good.

18. Orubus

Orubus Devotee of the Blood Owl

It's a great spell for st but unreliable and easily countered.

19. TeaNinja

Permanent ice in a huge aoe + permanent domain and hidden artic. At least stone doesn't debuff your opponent. That said I'm going to play some ST myself :D

20. TeaNinja

Haha don't worry I understood.