Kalasle's FF Tier List -- PS4 -- 8/30/17

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by kalasle, Apr 4, 2015.

1. kalasle

kalasle Forum Royalty

I agree. I didn't get the sense before the expansion, though, that SP was considered a top 2 or top 3 faction. Do you think it was, and people are noticing, or do you feel anything has changed about the faction or the meta-game to cause a real shift up in position?

2. Cydna

Cydna Forum Royalty

Back in March, SP IS and KF were fasho the top 3 factions. I haven't been playing enough to see what the top factions are.

3. Phynixe

Phynixe I need me some PIE!

SP, FW, UD.

4. Karmavore

Karmavore MEDIUMALLTIME

Oh how I miss the blue names :(

BurnPyro and SPiEkY like this.
  5. kalasle

kalasle Forum Royalty

Still updating this.

I think SP Junk is a DTB. It -- and to be honest, most SP decks I'm seeing -- have a straight forward game-plan: turn into a better version of ST. The goal is to field stats. That the faction has utility and space-control tricks helps out (as does the copious healing).

Worms is still on there, of course. They got some nerfs, but also got Chattering Maw.

Spirits is in there as well for now, for similar reasons to SP: they both provide hard numbers checks, of a sort, and if you can't find some solution to that, it's a problem. Spirits (in their current, Surge-happy form) have decidedly less nuance, but they do have FW's spell set.

Rest of the t1 decks are up in the air, but I think the junks make it as usual.

6. kalasle

kalasle Forum Royalty

Anyone have any more input on tiers? I know things take time to shake out. Current assessment is Worms/SP/Spirits as DTB, all junks as t1, along with Voil, Salaman, ST beasts, dwarves, and minos.

7. OriginalG1

OriginalG1 I need me some PIE!

I have been playing and winning a lot with meta SP. I was getting beat by people I usually beat using meta SP so I thought I will try it out. I added a few more slags for my personal favor. Reasons I think SP a so good: good teleport champs that can create threats outside of main battle, the refund is silly (I usually have 45 nora in the bank after my turn), Font bonus is like two split faction bonus of SL and IS for 5 turns (you can retreat back into the font any time and the counter will reset), summon spams, relic counters, knock back damage. They just have answers for everything, but lag.

8. abrasax

abrasax The King of Potatoes

Hyaenid are tier 1 my 2cents

9. OriginalG1

OriginalG1 I need me some PIE!

those soul gem elemental bg's are really nasty. I know they crutch on howler but if you do not have spot removal for howler you are in trouble.

10. kalasle

kalasle Forum Royalty

Could you elaborate on why?

11. potatonuts

potatonuts I need me some PIE!

Did everyone forget how strong IS is? Dwarves/Drunk seems crazy strong in particular.

I think Skeletons might be top tier, their HP stacking is really good.

12. kalasle

kalasle Forum Royalty

Both of these were added to t1 last night, after I realized there were a couple things left out. (Witches also got a spot.)

13. Kampel

Kampel I need me some PIE!

I cant find skywings, where do they fit?

14. kalasle

kalasle Forum Royalty

See the "Where's deck [x]?" section i.e. they are sitting at t1.5 right now. They have some really good stuff -- Reinforce and Rumblers and all that -- but don't have either the the low-resource muscle or the higher-resource synergy to compete against the other stuff out there, I feel. At least, I haven't seen it demonstrated yet.

Kampel likes this.
  15. potatonuts

I feel like Witches are getting carried by Golden Lamia currently but they do have other strong champs.

16. kalasle

kalasle Forum Royalty

I think the semi-consistent -1 SPD to enemies combined with things like Hourglass's spot damage and Witching Hour's spot healing do more than any particular champion (except maybe Inkblight, which is absolutely core, besides being strong).

SPiEkY likes this.
  17. themacca

themacca Master of Challenges

What happened to skeles that now makes them t1

18. kalasle

kalasle Forum Royalty

Matchups, in part. Also, Bone Mine got Skeleton Nova.

19. Ballballer

Ballballer Chief Antagonist

Bone mine is about 20-25 nora undercosted

20. potatonuts

Micro buffs here and there just gradually made them stronger. Recently the Bone Mine change and change to Bulwark helped them a lot.