Kalasle's FF Tier List -- PS4 -- 8/30/17

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by kalasle, Apr 4, 2015.

1. potatonuts

potatonuts I need me some PIE!

:eek:

So edgy

Last edited: Aug 20, 2017
    MaruXV likes this.
  2. MaruXV

MaruXV Corgi Lord of FW

:p

3. kalasle

kalasle Forum Royalty

Yeah, it's totally possible, it will just be a lot wobblier and less justified by data.

4. potatonuts

potatonuts I need me some PIE!

I just wonder about the stuff we might be missing due to the lack of ipox types.

5. MaruXV

MaruXV Corgi Lord of FW

6. kalasle

kalasle Forum Royalty

If you are trying to submit a decklist, first, this is a FF tier list, not split faction, and second, decklists are only relevant when talking about the specifics of an archetype; they do not themselves constitute tier lists, except as examples.

7. MaruXV

MaruXV Corgi Lord of FW

come on kal don't be so rigid ^_^ he asked for an Ipoxy bg and i send a link for it.
    I didn't want to submit a list. Still, this bg in good hands can do miracles...anyway i think it could enter in a "chronomancer-marsh song/ spell spam / gimmick bg archetype. There are not a lot of that ones recently.

8. kalasle

kalasle Forum Royalty

Like I said, this is a FF tier list. I have some very practical reasons for keeping it that way, namely, that I don't have the time to think about and curate every single split deck, and that -- not specifically talking about you here -- I don't want to see a bunch of tier 2 split decks with people saying "Well, how about this? Ain't this a tier 1 deck?"

9. MaruXV

MaruXV Corgi Lord of FW

Aye, sir. Ignore it then^_^ but i think you should consider Hermaios's ST/SP to be put in tier1. It has been proven to be quite a thing.

10. kalasle

kalasle Forum Royalty

I have heard people talk about that deck favorably, but, regardless of its strength, I am not going to include it in this list because it is a split deck. I do not want to open up myself to feeling like I have to engage with all splits, and I don't want to open up other people to submitting suggestions. I'm sure it's strong, it's just not going to be in this thread.

MaruXV likes this.
  11. kalasle

kalasle Forum Royalty

SL junk was shifted up to DTB, UD junk was moved down to t1.

12. kalasle

kalasle Forum Royalty

Open to comments, here. Currently, I have the various Junk decks at t1, with Worms/ST Beasts/SL Junk at DtB.

Mainly, I want to know what themes people think are tier 1 competitive. Skeezick, probably? Maybe Fae?

13. Etherielin

Etherielin The Floof Cultist

Fae are definitely a T1 deck but require a really good player to use them. Give them to someone like Tiny and sparks would fly.

I'd consider Archers to be T1.5.

MaruXV likes this.
  14. kalasle

kalasle Forum Royalty

Noted. Any other thoughts on FF themes?

15. Etherielin

Already listed ones or others I'm thinking of?

From existing: I'd move KF Rangers from T2 to T1.5 as the latest KF additions - along with changes to runes like Snake Charmer, Spikewood Abomination and Elite Blade - gave them a fairly decent standing ground and a bit more oomph. The new LEG is also a pretty solid addition to their theme.

16. kalasle

kalasle Forum Royalty

Any others, really.

I'll shift rangers around, and will move in Fae until some argues otherwise. I'm willing to buy them as t1.

17. Etherielin

I'd add Magic Amp to T1.5 (as well as frost, fire and psychic) as they're all super powerful but have very specific counters (which they can go around to an extent). I know you said you won't include every deck but I feel like some of the solid ones should be there.

18. kalasle

kalasle Forum Royalty

If it ain't on a list it's t1.5, so I think those are all implicitly there right now.

19. Tweek516

Tweek516 I need me some PIE!

I'd move ST rangers from T2 to T1.5.

There are so many generic good rangers in ST that I think it wins by virtue of just running efficient champions + the ST spell set. Even if the synergy is very minimal.

DiCEM0nEY likes this.
  20. kalasle

kalasle Forum Royalty

Ok, question related to this -- would it be useful to have a tag like [Junk Variant] that signals what you mentioned to be the case? Basically, that the deck is mostly a junk, in playstyle and runes, with minor changes. This could also open up other tags, like distinguishing between [Chopping Block Variant] and [Essence Devourer Variant] for FW attrition.

Tweek516 likes this.