Kanen post-revamp

Discussion in 'Split Faction' started by Pipster, Jun 28, 2014.

1. BroWatchThis

BroWatchThis Devotee of the Blood Owl

I like Bloodhowler Alpha... A lot... Kanens are very strong right now. I've grown fond of them. Started using them since my FW bgs are trash now.

2. darklord48

darklord48 Forum Royalty

Most melee kanen are brutes. Brutes benefit from getting drunk. Has anyone tried a kanen/IS split? Then you're benefiting from boost and intoxicated at the same time.

3. Pipster

Pipster I need me some PIE!

I think that's an interesting idea. I'm just spitballing here but the benefit of having all the Kanen theme synergising together with all the boosts and idols and banner and stuff may outweigh the benefit of having to run a few dwarves and get them intoxicated. But it would definitely need testing to see.

4. Pipster

Bloodhowler Alpha is great too. Fully boosted he has 76 hp, 4 def, tough 3 and lifedrinker for 83 nora, definitely a pain in the ass to say the least.

BroWatchThis likes this.
  5. BroWatchThis

BroWatchThis Devotee of the Blood Owl

Throw on a rage band and zealotry, and he's damn near unkillable.

6. Sandkorn

Sandkorn New Member

I did not play for a few years but thinking about giving it another chance with either Kanen or FF SP. Here is my take on Kanen, would be glad about some remarks

Kanen BG

7. Pipster

Great looking BG, apart from a couple of things I would change.

Quickening is something I would never run in a Kanen BG. Pack Savagery is a Quickening 2.0 for 20 nora cheaper in a Kanen BG for 3 reasons:

1. Pack Savagery procs on every champion a Kanen is engaged so, so if you're double engaged you'll get two hits off on each champ.

2. Pack Savagery does not require 3 AP for the first attack. So you could reach champions that previously thought they were safe because they didn't think they were able to be engaged and attacked in the same turn from 8 spaces away or whatever. But with Pack Savagery, they are.

3. It's 20 nora cheaper.

If you want quickening for non pack leader/pack mentality cheaps, then replace it with quicken which you can use for 35 nora on your superchamped Spark Crone or Kierg or whatever.

The rest of your spells and equips are pretty much up to taste. Transfusion, Tempest Crown, Zealotry, Ferocity are all great alternatives depending on how you like to play.

Champs look good.

EDIT: Sorry, it's 20 nora cheaper, fixed it. There's a lot of flexibility with Kanen depending on how you like to play, so as you play games, see what's working for you, what's not, you can make changes accordingly.

Last edited: Aug 1, 2014
  8. chaos4lex

chaos4lex New Member

I don't see K. Crone in bgs now.. is she useless now? (I know she lost escalation and is one of the most - if not the most - nora-wise expensive kanens now)

9. darthsion18

darthsion18 New Member

She's expensive and there are others who can boost, granted not as high as her but it's just more efficient on for someone else.

10. Pipster

Now that she is our best in-theme summon counter with the recent update, I think she is definitely worth running. Ritual of Destruction immediately destroys a summon within 3 spaces and does 10 damage to the nearest enemy champion. That + boost 3 + grant electricity aura 3 can justify her cost.

11. darthsion18

darthsion18 New Member

I will win this argument with: She's expensive :p

12. Pipster

No argument here, just stating my opinion.

13. darthsion18

darthsion18 New Member

Well then I shall go sit in the corner of shame then