(KF Archer Spell) Arrow Barrage. Archer racial support ability.

Discussion in 'Rune Ideas and Suggestions' started by Etherielin, Sep 25, 2016.

1. aseryen

aseryen I need me some PIE!

I'd like to see some Centaurs with Volley Support.

2. Ioden

Ioden The King of Potatoes

Eh, you'll most likely need to create a new champion which has Volley Leader and then its utility paths are the different Volley Support. I'm not sure how some would feel to have 2-3 nora added to some Archer runes, forcing them to basically include the spell in their deck. For example a Light of the Circle with Volley Support fire, except it's used in a D'elim deck which doesn't use the Arrow Barrage spell.

3. aseryen

Volley Leader with Spellsurge: Arrow Barrage rather than Volley Support.

I haven't played much De'lim but I think Class based mechanics can be splashable in other themes. I didn't even associate De'lim with Archers but again I'm not entirely familiar with that theme.

Perhaps an ability that enlists allies as Archers and grants them with Volley Support. I'm a fan of Sustain: X and abilities that have their CD reduced when the opponent interacts with that champion or abilities like Magnate's Blessing that scale off surrounding units.

4. Ioden

Ioden The King of Potatoes

The racial is a bit tricky since it ties in with a spell but currently not with others of the Class. Creep and Crawl for example can be a waste if you're using, say, a Boar Spider in a beast deck, because there might not be other spiders to proc the effect, so you're paying nora for an ability you can't use. In the same way, a champion with any of the Volley Racials, you need to include the spell in your deck otherwise the racial is just wasted nora added to the champion rune. The difference in the example, however is, Archers (assumedly the ones which are going to have such racials) are more prominent in decks than the odd Anthropod. So going back to the Light of the Circle example, it's still a good rune in itself, since it has precision, Detection, burn, a nice rune. With Volley support added, that's +2-3 nora on a rune that is widely used in decks other than pure Archers. Same goes for if Arrowsinger was given Volley Support Magic etc.

A suggestion would be to include the conditions to the rune champion. So for Light of the Circle, remove Burn and have Volley Support Fire increase fire damage of Arrow Barrage and add burn to the spell, and additionally give the rune Burn, as part of the same racial ability. With Arrowsinger, Volley Support Magic would improve the spell, and give Arrowsinger Illuminate as part of the racial (removing it from her utility path as an option). That way you're paying nora for something that can be used without needing to have the spell in your deck.

5. aseryen

If put on an upgrade line there would be no wasted nora I believe the suggested runes were even ones with only 2 choices in their upgrade lines so for those Archers it brings them into the Volley Support theme at the players choice.

Certainly some runes will have sandbag abilities, when not played in one sort of bg. Also at this early of a design phase there are Spells/Relics/Equips that can also be tied into the theme to enable those runes receiving the +2-3 nora increase. In which case the traditional Archer bg that those runes are played in now is completely different because the S/R/E are different. At this point the argument for +2-3 nora on some runes is a nerf but only if not playing the S/R/E runes that enable the theme which for most Archers would be put on Upgrade and so it would be the player's choice to take Volley Support.

Units with Provision don't benefit from that skill unless equipped and there are plenty of reasons to not have more then 1 equipment in a bg. Provision provides some denial so that the opponent doesn't equip your champion but really it's a bad upgrade in a deck that doesn't have enough Equipment support.

Etherielin likes this.
  6. Etherielin

Etherielin The Floof Cultist

7. Etherielin

8. Etherielin

Bump, more feedback is welcome.

9. Etherielin

10. Etherielin

11. Tweek516

Tweek516 I need me some PIE!

Hmm. I love the idea, but Im against archers getting a racial, so I'm not sure how I feel about this. I wonder how this would look if we got rid of the abilities on the champions.

That said, this definitely gives archer commander something useful to do.

Can the CD to spells be reduced and increased out of interest? (By the spell itself)