KF combined

Discussion in 'K'Thir Forest' started by MaruXV, Dec 28, 2016.

1. MaruXV

MaruXV Corgi Lord of FW

combo.png

here's an experiment to power up full rangers, and get some use out of combined arms spell.
    The base is like a ranger deck, cheap utility runes like garu hunter, corgi ranger,turtle falconer, robothawk etc. + full racial defender/commnader/boost from heart, centaur and snakeelf.
    Archers module: 2 arrowsingers for alt dmg, illuminate, range boost. and horn of kthir to make our rangers hit like brutes. 2 mortars for seism. centaur archer for pathfinder + range 10 with singer's relic.also he is archer/warrior that means he gets dodge and block from arms.
    Warriors module: centaur archer, fiorn and centaur regolator with backlash and shatter.

idea is to have a big boost ability with battlemaster proc from almost everyunit. Phalanxlike advance is best but we have also units with great skirmish power.
    i think its quite balanced and has a lot of utiliy. Any ideas to make it better?

guokamoli54 likes this.
  2. Karmavore

Karmavore MEDIUMALLTIME

How does it play?
    In what situation would you cast combined in arms?
    Is it too set up reliant by nature or can the bg mesh well?
    Outside of the archetype do you see it well performing in the meta game?

3. MaruXV

MaruXV Corgi Lord of FW

Just had time to play it once in casual, had a good start but then i got too rushy and overextended. Being a set up bg i had to be more careful, threw away the advantage i got at beginning. It seems to play well, its almost completely a ranger bg, but with a couple additions.

Combined arms should be cast mainly when you have at least 4 units out, with 2 of them being rangers. Or in case of emergency with less units if u need an on spot +2dmg boost (but then you have also fan faire and elite blade) or if you really need a block/dodge. 85% should be cast when a formation of 4+ is formed.

It is set up reliant indeed, cause you have to get out boost, defender, commander, combined arms etc. So you reach then your full potential. But also some of the units (hunter, regulator, etc) have a nice 1vs1 reliability, so you shouldnt suffer too much when you split. Still, you need to form a main block of phalanx where you intend to fight the most.

I still didnt have time to look at the meta right now after patch. It seems to me that UD meta is still on the run, and we have a nice melee power + some blocks + i run balancing act to get use of their one target spells (BE, sheoul mandate etc)

and really, centaur archer is good with range 10, pathfinder to everybody and block/dodge.

4. super71

super71 I need me some PIE!

Combined arms with ironfist is pretty dang good, have you tried splitting with ironfist @MaruXV ?

I ran a similar bg with barb guardians, barb commanders, grintmaw bouncers, silverclan hoplites, savage shieldman. With primarily k'thir archers as my range, it was actually really fun and pretty competitive.

5. MaruXV

MaruXV Corgi Lord of FW

thats a nice idea, but i find the spell to be mostly good for the battlemaster part on rangers,and having also boost/commander/defender available. IS has not a choice in that good enough to justify splitting bg, i think.
    Maybe ST could have, or even FS to go collective (we play almost all different races).Again, some of the best rangers have spd 5 so being FF KF helps a lot.

6. MaruXV

MaruXV Corgi Lord of FW

20170322_111854.png

update. kinda workin good, got almost 100pts with it. has really good stat boosts. still not sure about anc.anger. it hits really hard with horns, but it isnt cheap.

7. MaruXV

MaruXV Corgi Lord of FW

comb.jpg

updated to midterms. still the idea is a meta/rangers + warriors/archers bg with stat boosts. Ancestral anger is in and out, but with the robot eagle the 9spd flying avenger is quite nice. even if pariah and unequippable he gets a lot of boosts in this bg by horn, combined's battlemaster, ally kthir etc. also 9spd flyin grimthir is nice .
    New vashal is very good now that the invoke is working.