KF/SL Energy Overload

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by profhulk, Jun 16, 2015.

1. darklord48

darklord48 Forum Royalty

The spell seals that work are nefari torch, failed amplifier, and tribal totem. For those unfamiliar with spell seals, check out rare relics released in the shattered peaks expansion.

2. Burcho

Burcho I need me some PIE!

skull totem in that case.

darklord48 likes this.
  3. Pedeguerra

Pedeguerra I need me some PIE!

Pox, you don't appeal to me anymore. It's a sad day indeed when I don't even feel the need to bash.
    Let me just grab my popcorn here.

Ok, carry on.

4. st3ck

st3ck I need me some PIE!

Were you always so sour baskit? I think I recall you being a former IS zealot with epic blinders, but didn't realize you were like this.

You are right that no one likes losing in this game though, and whether the bg you beat them with is broken or not, it's likely to warrant a new rage thread.

Also, AP lock wasn't cancer. Force multiplier of combo, restricting aura, unequippable, range units, unstoppable, aoe combos, plenty of ways to beat it. Yes it was strong, but it didn't warrant being deleted as a bg type. Also note all the people you listed stopped playing.

Really the only people left are the ones that wanted FF cut and paste BGs. Coincidentally, they have also historically been the most vocal. Hope that group is happy with the direction they've taken pox. I for one am not. Continue your circle jerk rage threads against non conformist bgs.

5. Boozha

Boozha I need me some PIE!

Put Baskit on ignore and your life will improve. His only contributions to this planet are ignorance and hate.

But AP lock was really, really not fun to play against. Not fun parts of games should be edited

6. Baskitkase

Baskitkase Forum Royalty

Also, unstoppable countered AP gen and aoe vs FF IS?

7. MovnTarget

MovnTarget Forum Royalty

I am in complete agreement with bakki here. This is a well established pattern in pox, ipox comes up with some wacky deck doing what he does, at which point you begin to see a number of loathsome individuals pop up running copies or near facsimiles of the ipox deck using it to score easy wins. The reasoning given by these players often varies, be it "Im running this to show the flaws with the runes so it gets fixed faster," "I'm just trying to better understand the mechanics," or "I'm just trying to further refine a fun alt playstyle deck," but the end result is these decks are used to farm wins and I find the whole practice rather reprehensible.

8. DarkJello

DarkJello I need me some PIE!

Virtual war games are not worth any hatred.

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 19, 2015
  9. profhulk

profhulk Forum Royalty

None of the things you mentioned even remotely countered AP lock. I know because I tried all of them as they were recommended to me by others who thought as you do. Restrict champs served to stall veteran AP lock players until they drew blink or doom since FW/IS ap lock was the favored split. It's easy to talk like this and theory craft. It is quite another thing to actually play the AP lock deck or play against it. Unstoppable did not effect magnetic pulse or wicked aura. Your ap gain was limited by magnetic pulse but it couldn't be removed by drudgery. You simply generated 3 ap or less if there were two magnetic pulse champs because magnetic pulse stacked. Range units don't make me laugh. RD took care of that. Your blinded by your love of auto win strategies with no counterplay. No AP lock is a Firking cancer and I will reply to you every time. Cry me a river.

Baskitkase likes this.
  10. Ohmin

Ohmin Forum Royalty

Except maybe Blood Bowl. Even then most of the hatred should be for the dice and Nuffle, rather than the Coach or their Team.