KF/SP knockback BG

Discussion in 'Split Faction' started by 2poxlives, Feb 17, 2016.

1. 2poxlives

2poxlives Well-Known Member

Hi, returning player here. I had this BG built a long time ago back in 2011 and it was so much fun to play, im trying to recreate it now with maybe some new runes that have come out recently that I don't know about. This is what I've got so far.

https://poxbase.com/deck/CpGCplChYCivCixCo8S1ks6Os5+s59r2YR2dR=eke1Ne1j

The objective is to set up rounds where you can knock back units multiple times into various traps and mines. It also fields 4 different defensive strike units which are pretty fun with cyclops eye belt. Obviously the deck is weak to detection as well as being pretty nora heavy champ wise. I'd appreciate any constructive advice, I know the deck isn't going to be tearing up the ladder any time soon but I'd like to optimize it if i can.

2. R334P3R

R334P3R I need me some PIE!

Needs Whirling Quarry, and Chaos Brave. Maybe a Moga Trapped for both more traps and detection.

I've been thinking about trying out a Fw/Sp Knockback deck revolving more around chucking things behind the target I want to knockback. It still needs quite a bit of work but here is what I have so far, at least the sp side might be helpful. https://poxbase.com/deck/CohClPCplCawCvUCzkC68CvVS1kSns4fR3lR2NR=E2y
    The woodchucks are the new cyclops that chucks the mangled totem, he's just not on poxbase yet.

Also been thinking about trying to use the guy with Create Chasm, and then knocking things into it.

Last edited: Feb 17, 2016
  3. GabrielQ

GabrielQ I need me some PIE!

FS has access to several interesting champions and spells to make a knockback split.
    You have augurs of the deep with high mobility and slam, and you can run the tortuns too.
    You have hungry mire to damage things that are knockbacked (you should run 2x carnivorous vines in the kf split btw) and the elder murkwurm champion can cast hungry mires and are great all around. Hungry mire is water also and that can be interesting with lightning storm.
    Another option is boghopper bull, sweep is not on the attacking chain and always costs 1 ap.

4. R334P3R

May also want to try lash down. Rooted+knockback is mean.

5. 2poxlives

I built the bg last night, i was really looking for terrain altering effects that cause damage but couldn't really find anything besides unstable ground for tec pulse. I really need to find a spell that can create damaging ground.

BTW R334p3r i was actually using the woodchucks since im KF, they're pretty awesome.

6. R334P3R

Ol Sok gives poison cloud. Or you can try various slag ooze stuff. Tectonic pulse/Avalanche does wonders. Chaos Brave just does everything you want. But yea not much else in those factions. You have lava in Ud, and the lightning storm from is. Or if you go FS you have more access to poison cloud. You could make a poison centered deck with Sp/FS with the knockbacks through clouds.

Last edited: Feb 18, 2016
  7. 2poxlives

Yeah I'm using ol'sok but i want a spell that can create damaging ground, but i think i have to settle for creating impeding ground. FS may be the way to go, i can still run tortuns and can actually add that one fw/fs tortun that spits out the delayed mine.

8. R334P3R

I think FS is a much better bet. Beyond rooted which can be very strong, kf just doesent add much

9. 2poxlives

I think I was originally running KF because of centaur savage, but times have changed. Thanks for the help guys!

10. R334P3R

Glad to be of service. Curious to see what your deck looks like now. Is an idea I have been playing with for awhile now

11. 4NIK8

4NIK8 I need me some PIE!

For a KB bg I would definely go for either FS or IS in one of the splits. I'm currently building a bg with IS/UD, it's not exclusively knockback, but there are some really broken interactions using KB! I will post once I get a more refined version of it.

12. 2poxlives

[​IMG]
    Heres a rough draft, I want to find room for an Elder Murkwurm or two(?) and im not sure on the numbers of everything yet or the spells. I may take out the tortun repeaters to add the murkwurms, but that removes defensive strike which i always thought was pretty good with knockback. Another option would be the dredgers out for murkwurms, but i think dredger is super OP right now and he can use the relic as an impromptu knockback wall.

13. R334P3R

I always have alot of trouble identifying things in the small pictures, could you put it on poxbase? I like the murkwurm plan, but since hungry mire/unstable doesn't work on flying you may also want to run slag-slop, or Tornado.

14. 2poxlives

15. 4NIK8

noamkeren likes this.
  16. 2poxlives

Hungry mire literally does the same thing as poison cloud though

17. R334P3R

Cloud works on flying units, but does less damage via movement, but you can build into poison amp with it. I did suggest a build around that, but grounding isnt to hard, and the more meta selection of champs is also a good deal. Im sure both have there potential.

Here is my rough draft
    https://poxbase.com/deck/CgPCohClPCplCp_ChYCawcoHCvUS1kSxS46S7tr2YRNR=
    Prefer Artificer to Rockshaper since you can move the firecase into position. And prefer murkwurm to dredger.

18. 2poxlives

Just remembered the hard way i can't run slick and buzz lol. Replaced with a boghopper toad

19. R334P3R

Oh lol I make that mistake all to often :p.

20. 4NIK8

Poison Cloud does dmg on cast, hungry doesn't. It also applies poisoned 2, -1 def and works vs. flying champs, which is 1 less thing you need to worry about.

But the real deal is that poison offers amp, vulnerability and poison charge (which makes the dmg via movement much better). As I said in another post, one activation of poison charge equals 67% amp for the damage via movement, with two activations it means as much of 133% amplification, which you can't get even close with regular amp and it also applies to your other poison units.

One cast of poison cloud paired with with two poison charge activations and one hit from Augur deals around 41 dmg by the start of the opposing turn. While one cast of hungry mire with one hit from Augur will only deal 25 dmg.

Appart from that poison offers other ways to deal decent dmg which are not based on knockback.