kf split bonus/font bonus

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by calisk, Apr 10, 2017.

1. Chris

Chris I need me some PIE!

yeah there has been a lot of kf splits ive thought about, never got anywhere coz kf in split sucks.

2. Flashback

Flashback Devotee of the Blood Owl

i think the Kf font bonus is very weak. But the faction bonus is good.

3. zorbot

zorbot The King of Potatoes

Hmmm... Interesting.

4. calisk

calisk I need me some PIE!

as i said

even in that original thread you are quoting from i acknowledge some units are built around FF bonuses, but you can't get around the cost calculator so you are always paying for the unit you get so it's not an issue.

the only time that comes to mind that it's an issue is kf/x split decks, but mostly due to how important the speed stat is in the game( which is a design flaw, and why all other faction wide bonuses to speed were removed ), and it still only effects at most 20% of their available units over all when not compared to a single theme( 100% if you are tortuns >.> ).

it's BS to say things like every rune in the game is designed around their faction bonus like it's a problem when only around 20% of a single faction has any serious issues with bonuses in splits.

if pox still had the original upgrade system, then this would not be an issue either...we'd all upgrade the speed on these units to 6 from 5 pay the extra cost and move on...but in simplification they destroyed the kf/x deck

Last edited: Apr 18, 2017
  5. zorbot

zorbot The King of Potatoes

You're right. Not every rune is balanced with the faction bonus in mind (See: ST). However, you can definitely see it in KF because of the nature of Speed in the game. I'm down with changing KF bonus.

6. Sokolov

Sokolov The One True Cactuar Octopi

Honestly, I think it's more likely that split bonuses are all made weaker or even removed altogether (leaving FF bonuses intact).

7. Sokolov

Keep in mind that a base 5 SPD champ pays less nora than base 6 SPD, just as it is true that champ with 45 HP will cost less than a champ with 55 HP so while it's true specific SPD breakpoints gets a bit from scrutiny than some other stats, it is wrong to imply that KF is being shafted or something.

So if in reality, if you have a base 5 SPD champ in KF compared to a base 6 SPD champ in another faction, it is going to have combination of the following:
    • Lower cost overall
    • More other stats for the cost
    • More/Better abilities for the cost

8. davre

davre The Benevolent Technofascist

Bear in mind that the best ranged champ in the game ATM is a 5 speeder. Sure it's got opportunistic but i'm not convinced that that's a better form of AP gen than aurora investigations.

9. haroldkin

haroldkin I need me some PIE!

I was going to suggest the very same thing. Anytime you mix and match the strengths of different factions you have the potential for abuse. There should be a bonus for going FF. There should not be a bonus for going split. Having the option to choose the strengths of more than one faction >IS< bonus enough.

10. calisk

calisk I need me some PIE!

well first i'll comment that 1 or 2 5 speed units in a deck is fine even in FF decks i often have 1 5 speed unit.

but take a thematic kf/x deck like wizard split or ranger split. the kf side could (badly) be built out of nothing but 5 speed units and that would destroy your early game. even more then 1 5 speed unit could cost you the early game and auto lose you the match on some maps.

anyway if we are going this route I think you should just give the FF bonus of the avatar the split deck selects, proper split bonuses like st/sl or ud/sl or fs/sp all pretty much add up to a bonus just as good as a FF bonus, why not just simplify it and give the FF bonuses.

we are already on the road to allowing FF and split decks to use the same heroes, we may as well do the same for bonuses

11. Tweek516

Tweek516 I need me some PIE!

I don't like this. I'd prefer that splits got one of the factions' split bonus'. Nerf splits, don't buff em

12. Sokolov

If split bonuses change, it'll be either:
    • Each side will be less than half of the full bonus
    • Removed

Tweek516 likes this.
  13. Hierokliff

Hierokliff I need me some PIE!

How hard is it to remove split bonus and restore it? could def see a expansion period without split bonus, unless its like the current one (way too long). and maybe next expansion its back or the one after that if there is some split runes coming along maybe the bonus should reflect that if its missing.

14. 5amb0

5amb0 I need me some PIE!

If split faction bonuses are removed, would themes like leoss tortuns stitched and kanen be changed as well?