KF/UD Elven DeepWounds Deck

Discussion in 'Split Faction' started by Psilokibes, Nov 29, 2014.

1. Psilokibes

Psilokibes Devotee of the Blood Owl

Hi all,

I am playing a split deck focused in Deep Wound Skill: the Star Hraken, the Deadly Trackers and the amazings Manslayers:

http://poxbase.com/deck/c2=ctyChxclC4_Ca4c3Bc5Fc5AC52cihcic5zc50sys2ls1as4KsOsDs7Ws1ls2tr2Yr2e2k

So I go to an elven theme from KF and UD factions. The split faction bonus isn´t great as not a full faction bonus, but the xtra max AP and xtra damage helps to 1 turn some enemy champions.
    Problems are that almost everything is phisical damage, so I put an Apprentice Mage , Deep Elf Priestess and Nefari Messenger for some magical damage and xtra support. The supporting work is completed with the Bard for the AP generation, The Nectar Fairy for Heals and the Spirit Singer for Cleans and Heals.
    I couldn´t resist to put a Colossal Boa for tanking missions, but the deck idea is to hit hard and fast with the help of the AoE spells. Reclaim, Shatter and Demolish are helpfull spells and the Cleansing Emerald too (hate when my champs get Stunned)
    The Fire Amulet can make some nice damage and can distract the enemy from hitting ur champs (2 or 3 hits normaly).

I didn´t try it in ranked yet (leveling the KF Avatar) but in some randoms it works well. I think that it is a bit nora expensive and that I may need another tank and more alternative damage.

Anyway, I am still a newcomer, so I hope to find nice runes for it ^_^.

Any suggestion?? I will thank any advice or idea to make this deck better ;)

2. JazzMan1221

JazzMan1221 Better-Known Member

Grundlewulf has Deep Wounds as well; I would suggest dropping the Fanatics for them, since they don't really serve a purpose in a deck such as this. A Bullseye might be worth looking into as well. 50% extra damage from Trackers and Hraken that stacks with Deep Wounds is hilariously OP. Instead of the Priestess, I would consider Deep Elf Ritualist or Bok Mistress for an on the cheap selection. Both offer magic damage, and Mistress comes with the nice bonus of having Soften for even more damage.

3. Psilokibes

Mmmm, Grundlewulfs can be a good option. Less nora, deepwounds, Pounce... sounds great, but I like the Fanatics for the Manic skill that make them faster. And they are no elfs.

Bullseye is great but Hraken is not an Archer, he is Ranger-Rogue, so 1 spell for only 2 champs... not sure about it. If I had the spell I would try it, but I think it is more focused for a full Archer deck.

The Priestess is true that is not well here. Her Relocate: Demon, helps the Fanatics/ Manslayers/Assasin to get faster to the enemy, (not sure if it works vs pro players) but I think it combo well with the Elven Strategist.
    The Bok Mistress is great for the Soften as you say, but I dont know if put a non elf in the deck is a handicap for Superiority spell and the Logistics: Range skill of the Deadly Trackers. I may give her a try, but maybe nora expensive for her rol in this deck.... Thinking twice, the bleed/Blood dispersal could be an extra supporting mechanic but I think that with a 1-2 range a difficult thing to happen.
    The Deep elf Ritualist... I like her, but the Drain skills.... not the kind of skills I like, but Hex is great and her damage is OK. Will give her a try ;)

Anyway, anyone now something better than the Apprentice Mage? Without the +1 SPD from FF KF he can not teleport+anything in one shot, that makes him not the best thing in the world, hehehe. Thinking in some fairyes: The Fae enchantress or Fairy Trickster but I think a Wizard of the Ways could be better for positioning in the map... but he is nora expensive with the upgrades...

Thx for the Help!

4. Karmavore

Karmavore MEDIUMALLTIME

Bullseye works on all ranged attacks, jus an FYI.

5. Burcho

Burcho I need me some PIE!

Sun blossom (grant magical aura) or tinder box (fire aura). They might not be ideal, but you should know that auras can be counted as an attack and so deep wounds amplify auras: 9-12 damage.

6. splitstax

splitstax Well-Known Member

Cast Escape Magic on your Manslayers before they die, and they will not be removed from the game, and their Warguard will not recycle. Also, get rid of Mail of Bards and replace it with Cloak of Long Knives. It is a much better equip for your hero. Also, you should run Grundlewolfs with the spell, Mandate from Sheoul.

Try this. It will work better than what you have.

http://poxbase.com/deck/cqmCtyChxCa4c54C12cihC5HctocoQs3qsys5-S4@s1-s8fS6lsDr2YR3Te1+e1N

Last edited: Dec 1, 2014
  7. Psilokibes

Didn´t know that auras can triger the deepwounds. May try it.

Sounds great, I will try to get them. The Cloak seems great and is true that the Mail isn´t very efective cos he has lifesteal so if not killed in one turn Hraken can heal himself...

Making room for the Grundlewolfs...

The deck u show looks great, but I am not sure about the snakecharmer... Champion without attacks... will try to get the runes and try it ;)

Thx all for ur help!

8. splitstax

splitstax Well-Known Member

Snake charmers heal, boost, and summon. Those Grundlewolfs with Mandate will have give them 21 base damage with life siphon and regen. That along with pounce and PA makes this unit very effective.

9. Psilokibes

Mmmm, oks. Will give her a try. But lot of work in trading cos I miss a lot of that runes XD.

Will try and post the deck if it works better ;)

10. Entrepidus

Entrepidus I need me some PIE!

This is an iteration of my own KF/UD Deep Wounds BG that worked quite well in upper limited before I tanked my rating to test other themes:

I swapped in versions of damage spells, spot removals and so forth based on what you expressed an interest in through previous posts. Deep Elf Infiltrator and Elven Bard are integral to this BG for the extra damage they offer. Deep Elf Manslayer also has an interesting relationship with Colossal Boa in that he's a prime candidate for consume when Warguard is about to expire. His life will almost always be high enough to full-heal from. Combined Arms is a solid spell given the number of Rangers that can further increase damage output that also provides Block 1 for Deadly Tracker (and Arrowsinger). Epochal Oasis will take some getting used to. You may want to start with two in your BG before scaling back to one like I did.

11. Psilokibes

Really nice deck. I would like to try it, but dont have arrowsinger or Bullseye. The DeepElf Infiltrators looks great in the deck.

12. Ujelly

Ujelly I need me some PIE!

I've ran similar bgs. They rock. Make sure to use oasis to its full potential

13. Ramymanify

Ramymanify The King of Potatoes

https://poxbase.com/deck/ckKcqmcubclIclQctycp4Chxcj0Ca4c54c5FchkC12cihcfvCtusys5-s4@s2ls8fs6lsOsDe1+

how about this, I made this based on all of your thread suggestions, since I have Hraken I hate to leave him unattended
    I took out colossal boa and added condor fury, and took out spirit singer and added aspect of life for support

Please tell me what do u think, and what ways can I improve this to be a better BG, as of now this has not been Ranked-tested
    I am also not sure about the Mindslicer boomerang, quite weird how it is used, thinking about adding another fire blast or another mandate not sure

thanks in advance

14. Anaarkoon

Anaarkoon Member

I tried a similar bg and I really wanted to like it, but it didn't work too well...everything seemed too slow or too weak. Maybe I'm not a fan of split factions...hope it works well for you.

15. Ramymanify

You're right, the BG is quite lack luster, sometimes it works, many times it doesn't
    I'm thinking a split faction needs to be innate in the nature of its runes to work out, rather than trying to force-make one

16. Anaarkoon

Anaarkoon Member

Yeah definitely, to be honest though I've never managed to have a competitive split bg...they always kind of sucked. Maybe it's me I don't know, but full factions just feel much more solid and reliable. The idea of splitting factions is very fun though, just very tricky :)

17. Ramymanify

The one Split faction that intrigues me is UD/FW Bleed
    yet what I've found on forums is that it just does not cut it in ranked or competitive play which sucks

so yeah

18. RedScarlet

RedScarlet I need me some PIE!

I think DE summoner wud be better here than grundelwulf. Invig2 works good for ranged deepwounds doubletaps, imps can be fed to boa, and pawn to manslayer allows her to negate an instance of damage to 0 every turn. While you'd be lacking 2 deep wounds than before, just think of that xtra invig2 as an easier-source for extra deep wounds damages. She just offers too much to the majority of ur champs

Sealer0 likes this.
  19. Baalzamon

Baalzamon I need me some PIE!

Try Equipping Lexicon to a Deep Wounds Champ and put Living vines in the deck also. The damage is massive.

20. nynevening

nynevening Member