Kill a summoned champ...

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Elric, Jan 22, 2018.

1. Elric

Elric I need me some PIE!

Disbelief - On deploy kill a summon champion
    Shattered Summon - Kill a summoned champion within 5 spaces

These two abilities are going to just shoebox champs that are primarily deployed to summon champs.

For example, the Dwarven Engineer is the only champion in the game with the ability Summon Young Piledriver. He can plop out young Piledrivers and toughen them up.

However, with these changed abilities now just outright killing summoned champs, it's going to make the Dwarven Engineer pretty bad.

Supposedly, the Summon Young Piledriver ability is costing the Dwarven Engineer an astounding 35 Nora. Maybe in light of the new summoned champion-killing abilities, it should be 10 Nora?

Thoughts?

2. Cinder405

Cinder405 I need me some PIE!

Its destroying a FREE champion.

If cooldowns arent lowered for summoning abilities though then this might be over the top

3. kthx

kthx The King of Potatoes

Keep in mind that the Rituals will no longer just pop summons. This is pretty important - it isn't a bad thing for the game to have that effect: it probably isn't the right place to put it, though.

The actual change to the metgagame is pretty minor: the rituals will do ritual things as designed, the anti-summons stuff will fill that role instead.

4. Elric

I don't think they are lowering the cd's of any of the summoning abilities.

DiCEM0nEY likes this.
  5. Elric

You would hope that those runes would be adjusted, but I don't know...

6. DiCEM0nEY

DiCEM0nEY I need me some PIE!

I like the change. Although in a vacuum you bring up a fair point.

I won't be using necromancer anytime soon.

Last edited: Jan 24, 2018
  7. potatonuts

potatonuts I need me some PIE!

Abilities that summon champions cost nora, they are not free.

8. DiCEM0nEY

Aside from Mika, what other champions see play now that are summon only(not cylopean fireplace chuck for example)

9. Elric

Dwarven Engineer

10. Etherielin

Etherielin The Floof Cultist

Snake Charmer.

11. OriginalG1

OriginalG1 I need me some PIE!

Battle groups that focus on summon spams would not be greatly affected by one summoned death.

Makorov likes this.
  12. Woffleet

Woffleet I need me some PIE!

You guys make no sense. It's literally worse rn. Ritual's kill enemy champs and deal damage heal exec. If those champs aren't shoeboxes now they will be much better after the patch.

13. Chris

Chris I need me some PIE!

I think we should just see how it plays out...

14. DiCEM0nEY

Ritual is a FW spell, aside from one OP SP rune.

Disbelief and shatter summoned are actually in good factions.

15. Elric

This! So much THIS!

Guess which faction has a lot of Disbelief and Shattered Summon?!!? ST...yup, that's right! The strongest faction gets a big boost yet AGAIN.

Just hurry up and rename this game from Pox Nora to Savage Tundra: A Game for the Frozen! ;)

16. Etherielin

Etherielin The Floof Cultist

Ritual is an ability, not a spell.

17. Cydna

Cydna Forum Royalty

Constructs are gonna take a fat nerf if they aren't properly compensated :/.

Summon Pile Driver is expensive af. Is the cost for any of the abilities getting changed? @Sokolov

18. potatonuts

potatonuts I need me some PIE!

Also is their a range limitation on Disbelief? I feel like that should be a thing, I get the idea that it's going to be a bit too strong as a tempo play.

19. zenadel

zenadel The King of Potatoes

If you want to kill summons easier that is fine but make them have upgrades like some time ago plus change spell 'spare parts' working for summons too.

20. DiCEM0nEY

Make pets real and give them an increased cost / decreases power level? Pets can be really op. Not versus FW, but in general. Or just leave em

Last edited: Jan 27, 2018