King Ngozi

Discussion in 'Rune Ideas and Suggestions' started by 0ryuk0, Mar 24, 2014.

1. 0ryuk0

0ryuk0 I need me some PIE!

Name: King Ngozi
    Faction: Shattered Peaks
    Race: Hyaenid
    Class: Warrior
    Size: 1x1

Rarity: Exotic
    Artwork:
    [​IMG]
    Text: There was an ambush happened 6 years ago. Demons wanted to make these hyaenids to be their slaves but suddenly they were surprised of the last standing hyaenid. The ambush failed. Ngozi, the last standing hyaenid killed them all. 2 years after he became king of hyaenids.
    Nora Cost: 79

Stats:
    Damage: 14

Speed: 7
    Range: 1-3
    Defense: 2

Health: 54

Abilities:
    Attack: Physical

Hero
    Dogpile
    Defiling Aura

Boost

Upgrade 1:

Tough 3 (Default)
    Guarded: Hyaenid (Whenever this unit is successfully attacked, friendly hyaenids within 5 spaces gain +2ap and +4dmg for 2 turns. Does not stack) (Idea ability) (+4N)

Upgrade 2:
    Glorious Leap (Default)
    Rend 3 (+3N)
    Blood Bond 2 (+4N)

Last edited: Aug 21, 2015
    Woffleet, DeepClaws and rickyjpen like this.
  2. GabrielQ

GabrielQ I need me some PIE!

Quite uninspired.
    No real synergy outside those you forced into.

3. RedScarlet

RedScarlet I need me some PIE!

Sciean's lil bro...

0ryuk0 likes this.
  4. 0ryuk0

He's good with hyaenids. With commander: hyaenid and hyaenid warcry. That's the main synergy. :)
    Sciean's warcry is for all. Ngozi's warcry is only for hyaenids.

Last edited: Mar 25, 2014
  5. SANTodeGA

SANTodeGA New Member

The art is amazing, as in your other posts. The notion of a hyaenid hero and commander seems reasonable, to me at least.

0ryuk0 likes this.
  6. rickyjpen

rickyjpen Devotee of the Blood Owl

Well realistically the hyaenid warcry in itself is the only real synergy this needs to remain an auto-include.

0ryuk0 likes this.
  7. rickyjpen

I am very pleased with this rune idea myself good job mate! :)

0ryuk0 likes this.
  8. 0ryuk0

Thank you, guys! :D

rickyjpen likes this.
  9. 0ryuk0

I made some changes :)

10. GabrielQ

GabrielQ I need me some PIE!

As I understand Hyaenids, there are two main ways to make them, one with djinns and serf champions, and the other without them.
    I think this champion, as a hero for the hyaenids, should fit in both of those bgs.
    There is yet another subdivision for the non-serf bgs, that is those including the exile and a deep wounds module (quite a strong one, with 5 champions)
    I think your hero should fit in all of these styles, and also bring something new to the whole battlegroup.
    The core of him would be warcry and commander (or boost?)
    To fit into djinns, he would need unstoppable and serf
    To fit into exile bgs, he would need revere
    To bring somethings that hyaenids are lacking, he would need some source of defile, it could be defiling aura.
    So, as I see it, it should be something like

Starting abilities:
    attack
    warcry 2 (no need to be race restricted IMO, SP already has sceian and I think heros should have a meta build)
    commander
    scale armor (easier than evasive + reflexes)
    unstoppable
    dogpile (worst racial ever)
    hero
    Upgrade abilities
    Serf
    Revere: the exile
    Defiling aura
    Multiattack

You have a meta/debuff hyaenids build with multi+aura. a djinn build with serf + multi and a deep wounds one with multi and revere

Note that you cannot have improve: range because serf already increases range and it stacking would be too much.

11. SANTodeGA

SANTodeGA New Member

GabrielIQ: I haven't the first idea of how SP is played this days but your comments/suggestions seem very well informed. Maybe he could stay with one alignment? Just a thought, as he'll cross over better once the great ability nerf is upon us.

12. only

only Active Member

base:
    • Attack: Physical
    • Dogpile
    • Prowess: EXE/MA - When this champion makes a basic attack, it gains rank of Exertion. When it uses Exertion, it gains rank of multiattack.
    • Scornful

upgrades:
    • ComboAttack: Rend
    • ComboAttack: Drain
    • ComboAttack: Defiled
    • ComboAttack: Slam

13. rickyjpen

I think that is a tad bit too overpowered... Especially with Owls trying to null champions to have less abilities. I also don't like the idea with a hero having revere... If anything he should be revered himself... Now that being said I still like the idea of serf and defiling aura that's pretty unique.

0ryuk0 likes this.
  14. rickyjpen

if anything to make him fit in with exile BG I would just give him deep wounds. And then take away some of his others strengths.

15. rickyjpen

Still though I like the original model best. I'd keep it the way it is if anything.

16. 0ryuk0

I made some changes again. I like the idea of Defiling Aura, Serf to Djin, and Deep Wounds. I don't like the Revere: The Exile thing cause we already have Hyaenid Witchdoctors. I put the Defiling Aura on base, Serf to Djin and Deep Wounds on upgrades. And add Guarded: Hyaenid on upgrades for hyaenid synergy.. Seems he's the only one tank in hyaenids, I think Guarded: Hyaenid is the best upgrade when he's on a hyaenid BG. Oh, and in meta.. I think putting Defiling Aura in base is quite helpful. And by adding Rend 3, defiling aura would be much useful. For meta upgrades, there's Glorious Leap and Deep Wounds. And I added horrific howl for all purposes. How 'bout that? ;)

Last edited: Mar 26, 2014
    rickyjpen likes this.
  17. rickyjpen

I like it :D

18. rickyjpen

19. Krakuar198

Krakuar198 Well-Known Member

I love this idea but thats probably because I am a sucker for hyaenids and having a king for them is beyond awesome.
    Great job with the rune. :)
    I especially like Commander: Hyaenid