King of the ring format

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by nepyonisdead, Nov 15, 2017.

?

Which rules do you guys want? (top 5 will be implemented )

Poll closed Nov 17, 2017.
  1. 1. All champions must share a race

4 vote(s)
    21.1%
  2. 2. three champions are allowed to be from a different race

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  3. 3. One player can only sign up to one faction

7 vote(s)
    36.8%
  4. 4. Bgs should be theme based and not bound by race

3 vote(s)
    15.8%
  5. 5. Only two copies of a single rune can be used throughout the 3 decks.

1 vote(s)
    5.3%
  6. 6. Only 5 spells are allowed to be shared across the 5 bgs

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  7. FIXED RULE BY SOKOLOV: Highlander (Across all 3 decks) for non-champion runes, so you only get ONE W

4 vote(s)
    21.1%
  1. Megabigman

Megabigman New Member

I’m still very raw. Been forever since I have played lol. But I’m slowly catching on.

2. Vorian

Vorian I need me some PIE!

So we have to play 3 different themes? Do I have to play the same themes and does Lightning count as a theme?

3. nepyonisdead

nepyonisdead I need me some PIE!

Correction they have to be a race not a ''theme'' and you cant use the same bg twice

you need to prove u rule the faction not some slags....Ehm Ehm *gnomes* xD

Gnomes likes this.
  4. Redderrick

Redderrick I need me some PIE!

FW here.

I am also looking to sponsor this competition.
    Faction winners will receive x1 Harbinger of their specified faction.

Gnomes likes this.
  5. davre

davre The Benevolent Technofascist

Probs not participating but damn!

nepyonisdead likes this.
  6. nepyonisdead

pretty sure ud nick SP brother ;) take some time to think about it

7. Sokolov

Sokolov The One True Cactuar Octopi

@nepyonisdead, DOG will officially sponsor this tournament. We can discuss specifics later but we can be fairly generous with the prizes.

DonK101st, soulmilk, Vorian and 3 others like this.
  8. nepyonisdead

Love it buddy and honestly it's less about the prize and more about playing for the honour of calling yourself the best of a certain faction

Anything you guys provide is obviously more than gratefully accepted I just hope that the winner can get a season long tag on his profile and that tag goes away at the end of the season till another or potentially the same player reclaims it

The tags tiny has on his profile are really cool and I'd like that to become a thing :)

Thanks again as always

9. davre

You should definitely clarify some rules to distinguish between deck archetypes and what constitutes a "different" deck. For instance, my slag deck has included mika and g'hern general for a long time so would it be viable? If I decided to go for IS and I entered with a griffon deck and a dwarf deck and they both included ironfist minister and beermaiden is that OK? What about non-champion runes (eg. 3 different ST decks with the same spell set)?

10. nepyonisdead

I really don't want to be strict about it since people will use 3 different bgs but I guess you are right so let's say 3 champs are allowed to have any race and the spell set can be used as many times as u like

I am open to any suggestions as always buddy

11. davre

Personally I think the most interesting way to do it is to forget about themes or races and just straight up say: Only two copies of a single rune can be used throughout the 3 decks.

12. Gnomes

Gnomes Forum Royalty

I would prefer it that no non-theme based runes where included in this tourney, meta runes make it so you have answers to things that a theme can not usually answer in such an easy manner. but thats what its kind of about, the theme has to find their unique way to deal with dilemmas that are facing them, or try to make the fight on their terms so the enemy has to deal with their deck.

so we all have to play @badgerale / @yobanchi style

Etherielin and nepyonisdead like this.
  13. nepyonisdead

PS lads I created this poll so we can update the rules and pick the most popular ones...I have never been good at balancing and usually just complain to sok about it so yall can pick the rules you like and then we compete based on the popular ones

14. nepyonisdead

Personally i agree with this point and Ill add it to the poll

15. nepyonisdead

buddy u made more bgs in a week than most players did over the course of their pox careers :) that is too complicated for people to follow xD but as I stated ill put it up in the polls and let the public decide

16. Gnomes

Gnomes Forum Royalty

change it to theme not race

for example, a frost amp deck can have different races in it, but the champions have to facilitate the frost amp theme

17. nepyonisdead

I did add it like you said but the problem is for example some people add the snow spinner to every frost amp bg but she doesnt help the theme so its a case of where do u draw the line there....although I think the least number of rules is better so I kinda agree :) lets see what the people say

18. davre

My main issue is that several factions crutch on the same spells for all their decks so even though the champ set might be different they tend to play the same way. FW, UD, and ST are especially notorious for this. Of course I'm just going to cast a vote and let the people decide.

Etherielin and nepyonisdead like this.
  19. nepyonisdead

created an option that allows for 5 spells only which should address that issue I think :) if u want me to change the number just say the word

20. Vorian

Vorian I need me some PIE!

My 3 will be Voils, Slags and Elementals.