K'Thir Forest Player Council Nominations

Discussion in 'K'Thir Forest' started by Senshu, Mar 21, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. RedDain

RedDain I need me some PIE!

I just want to respond to the one nomination of me: thank you!! But I am not the right choice. 1) I really don't have the time it deserves, and 2) a bit hotheaded (to say the least).

2. GemmaXylia

GemmaXylia Forum Royalty

you're more objective then a lot of people around here though, everyone is hotheaded during a game, on the forums/just in general chat you have a good knowledge base and make valid points.

shucks on the time one though, that's unfortunate

3. MentalMoles

MentalMoles I need me some PIE!

TinyDragon

4. Xirone

Xirone I need me some PIE!

My vote goes to Karmavore and/or TheNidhogg. They are the two players I watch most (in games, not real life.... that would be creepy). They are also much better players than myself.

Last edited: Mar 21, 2014
  5. blazigro

blazigro The King of Potatoes

Karmavore and/or RedDain

6. Zenity

Zenity Devotee of the Blood Owl

Karmavore

7. Xirone

Xirone I need me some PIE!

I am very interested in seeing who that one elects.

8. Emries

Emries Devotee of the Blood Owl

Xirone for the original fairies

9. Karmavore

Karmavore MEDIUMALLTIME

Thanks everyone, I like the idea of two people being elected that way it's NOT biased in anyway.

DarkJello likes this.
  10. free20play

free20play I need me some PIE!

11. RedDain

RedDain I need me some PIE!

Prami would be an excellent player rep... for UD.

dsjtheman likes this.
  12. kilo

kilo New Member

Lots of worthy choices. Xirone seemed like the most active and levelheaded on the old forums when I was active ~2 years ago. So Xirone.

13. Andralexis

Andralexis I need me some PIE!

Leave UD free of that madman's lunacy.

I'mma vote for Nidhogg on this one.

DarkJello and Gorebucket like this.
  14. dsjtheman

dsjtheman I need me some PIE!

there really are a lot of good candidates

i voted for karmavore, but i wouldnt be upset if Nidhogg or Xirone got it.

Karmavore and Andralexis like this.
  15. Monyx

Monyx I need me some PIE!

karmavore

16. Prami

Prami I need me some PIE!

Am i the only one who thinks this is a bad idea? Why not just have a beta server like every other game?

Okay then...

Interesting dynamic, though i think this can only lead to insular player input. I would love to be able to directly view the sort of input the player council gives. I would love to see all of the discussions published somewhere.

17. blazigro

blazigro The King of Potatoes

Yes Prami, you are.
    Who said it would be something 'behind the scenes'?

18. Prami

Prami I need me some PIE!

They did. The moment they decided to take the input of around a hundred players, and hold some of it in immediately higher regard than others. What kind of researcher continuously goes "hmm... this is interesting data, but i don't think our sample size was small enough. Let's just ask one person and see what he thinks?"

It's not even a shifting sample size, like beta tests normally have. It's a popularity contest. How can i be the only one who thinks this is stupid?

How many people will represent a faction at once?
    How long will terms be?
    How will DOG prevent voter fraud?
    How many times can people be elected?
    Can people be elected multiple times in secession?

It's questions like this which make me seriously consider whether this game has been nothing but a social experiment from it's inception. Or if the whole DOG thing is a front, and a bunch of old players got together and bought the game from SONY.

Short sighted, is the word that comes to mind, giving every benefit of the doubt to DOG.

Last edited: Mar 22, 2014
  19. Ballballer

Ballballer Chief Antagonist

How you people aren't all voting for Nid is beyond me.

Makorov likes this.
  20. DarkJello

DarkJello I need me some PIE!

Seeing the input by the council would be valuable.

But not quite as valuable as the following:

With the help of his "senior political analyst" Samantha Bee, "The Daily Show" host ably demonstrated how going back on his pledge to broadcast healthcare[​IMG] deliberations on C-SPAN is really just the tip of the iceberg when it comes to promises Obama cast aside like so much garbage shortly after he took the oath of office (video embedded below the fold with partial transcript, h/t Story Balloon, vulgarity alert):

Read more: http://newsbusters.org/blogs/noel-s...oken-promises-especially-c-span#ixzz2weGOrYH8

Stewart is HILARIOUS in the nearly 7 minute clip, fyi. And the "cameos" are varied and so much win. :D

21. Makorov

Makorov I need me some PIE!

My vote goes to nidhogg.

In addition to playing kf, he plays other things (from what I've seen) which make him pretty well rounded I think

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.