K'Thir Forest Player Council Nominations

Discussion in 'K'Thir Forest' started by Senshu, Mar 21, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. RedDain

RedDain I need me some PIE!

Last iteration of a PDC was very transparent, representatives from factions polled the players of those factions, produced reports, got and gave feedback. Many of the changes made were quite excellent, flavorful, and balanced. Those that were not, were changed. It worked well.

DarkJello likes this.
  2. Prami

Prami I need me some PIE!

Like i said, it will be interesting to watch.

Just a thought... Has everyone just given up and resigned Pox Nora to to dustbin of the internet? This a system that is only remotely viable with a small, manageable player base. What happens if Pox Nora attracts more players?

3. dirtylimey

dirtylimey Devotee of the Blood Owl

TheRed if he's still around.

4. RedDain

You're off your nut. Everyone who plays knows there's a player council as of right now. That means that anyone new coming in knows that there is such a thing. The inception and the nominations are right out in the open. That is, by definition, transparent.

All of your questions about terms, appointments, elections and etc assume that the player reps are somehow going to be given power. You're making an ASSumption.

You ASSume that the player reps will have more than advisory input. You ASSume that the player reps will somehow be able to get away with favoritism, nepotism, and some form of corruption. You ASSume that expansions, balance patches, and the rest are going to somehow be driven by and controlled in some form by biased faction-fanatical players.

In short, you are projecting... because you are basically accusing everyone who might potentially be on that player rep committee of acting the way YOU act.

DarkJello likes this.
  5. RedDain

If it attracts more players, then the system will change. That's the interesting thing about people, groups, and corporate entities. They can evolve quickly in response to changing conditions... you should try it some time.

6. TeaNinja

TeaNinja I need me some PIE!

Karmavore.

Easily.

7. DarkJello

DarkJello I need me some PIE!

Petition to change "RedDain" to "RedPirateRoberts" cause dude is hotter than a forest fire tonight, but sly like a fox.

upload_2014-3-21_18-17-36.jpeg

RedDain and Qucas like this.
  8. RedDain

I've been retired for years, and living like a king in Patagonia.

DarkJello, Gorebucket and Qucas like this.
  9. Gorebucket

Gorebucket Forum Royalty

Inconceivable!

DarkJello and Qucas like this.
  10. RedDain

You keep saying that word. I do not think it means what you think it means.

DarkJello, Gorebucket and Qucas like this.
  11. Oblitrix

Oblitrix The King of Potatoes

Gorebucket

Xirone likes this.
  12. Molosse

Molosse I need me some PIE!

<3 to Dain for making me feel loved.

I'd push for A) Nidhogg and B) Xirone.

Nidhogg is an all around great player who happens to use a decent bit of KF.
    Xirone is an open-minded gent who's willing to suggest nerfs to his own faction, along with damn interesting idea's concerning how to promote themes.

I would say Dain, but he's already waived away wanting that.

RedDain likes this.
  13. enuff

enuff The King of Potatoes

Nid and Xirone are reasonable choices, since they have been very active in the forums and ingame in the past.
    Well, I can only vote for one, so the one with more faction points will get my vote :)

Nid: 3938
    Xirone: 7243

You shouldn't flirt with other factions so much Nid - Xirone gets my vote ^^

DarkJello likes this.
  14. Prami

Well, that everyone must not include me. I've heard rumors of course, but nothing from the Dev's until now.
    No, just pointing out some inevitabilities, influence is power after all. It's human nature. How exactly will they prevent people from jumping on alts and rigging a vote?

I guess my vote is for Xirone. He's never seemed anything but even minded, even though i don't agree with most of what he's suggested recently.

15. dirtylimey

Why not just wait and let it play out before people start pontificating on whether or not this is a good idea.

RedDain and DarkJello like this.
  16. DarkJello

You compliment him with the left hand, then slice and dice him with the right??

Sorry to be cheeky, but are you trying to sabotage KF?

17. Prami

Oh? I have to agree with everything he has ever done to agree with him on any points at all?
    Can't we agree with people who we have other disagreeable opinions with?
    What a stupid, sycophantic notion.

18. DarkJello

Prami said:
    I guess my vote is for Xirone. He's never seemed anything but even minded, even though i don't agree with most of what he's suggested recently.

(Emphasis mine).

So which is it?

And why the straw man argument?

Also, good day.

19. dirtylimey

You emphasize one qualifier but not the other? Come on Jello, chill out.

20. Karmavore

Karmavore MEDIUMALLTIME

Leave it to prami to derail this whole idea, honestly this is about representing your faction. Making the game better, this isn't about a popularity contest to somehow corrupt the game in the end. I want this to become a positive and welcoming thing for poxnora. The old PDC was good, just poorly timed, crupz wasn't a good developer and really only had money in his eyes.

Taking this all in, I'd really want myself Xirone, nidd to all have a part in helping the owls shape kf, not misconstrue and make everything blaringly overpowered. I actually have a lot of ideas already coming into my head, the vanilla kf is the main thing I want to focus on, nerfs and buffs included from new to old.

With the three of us, providing feedback/ideas I believe we can definitely make a big difference, the other council people as well. People like prami are not helping in anyway.

Just my two cents, I want kthir to be great, but still within reason.

Zenity and DarkJello like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.