K'Thir Forest Player Council Nominations

Discussion in 'K'Thir Forest' started by Senshu, Mar 21, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. DarkJello

DarkJello I need me some PIE!

KF race to the council be fierce. Would be awesome if all 3 were admitted. Enjoying the discussion.

Off topic:

[​IMG]

2. BurnPyro

BurnPyro Forum Royalty

People seem to think these council members are going to be lead deving for that faction. Let's not go there.

TheNidhogg likes this.
  3. Makorov

Makorov I need me some PIE!

I once played Xirone's beasts. I will never doubt Timberwolves again.

Also, thank you Xirone :) (I stole your idea and based my current beast bg off yours)

Xirone likes this.
  4. iodomy

iodomy Member

Life advice from a stranger on the internet: Get over this. You're never going to persuade anyone with your approach to defending yourself, and other than to your already-tarnished reputation what harm is done? You could be more productive if you learn to let go.

5. Xirone

Xirone I need me some PIE!

If I do get in, I'd like to see some staple spells in KF (along with staple spells from each faction) get hit, slightly, with the nerf bat. For example, Thorn Collection would give its refund at the end of the turn. Spells like Mobilize and Sacrifice would get their own special nerf (still playable and good but less x2 auto). At the same time, each faction would get a buff to an underused spell (my choice for KF would be Lifeshield). The point of all of this would be to make lesser spells better and auto-includes less so (hence a form of balance).

Then again, that is assuming the devs want input like that. It sounds more like they want people who will tell them if the changes they are making, and the runes they are releasing, will break the game in unexpected ways.

6. Xirone

Sometimes 150+ HP for 80 Nora is very nice.

7. RedDain

RedDain I need me some PIE!

I think Lifeshield is strong enough as it is, given cost and potential impact (Lifeshield against drown or fading recollection is such joy!). Agreed about thorns nerf - nora refund should not be instant. I'd even like to see it play out over the period of time that the grass remains on the map...

I'd rather see Blinding Flash buffed (gives defiled as well as blinded), or Strategic Retreat buffed (AOE, rather than global; perhaps castable upon enemies -- would need cost increase if so), Vortex buffed or cost decreased a bit, or Occlusion buffed...

8. Karmavore

Karmavore MEDIUMALLTIME

Yeah, as it looks they're looking for beta tester more or less, with peer review for what they have planned. Small input via us, and ultimately DOGs decesion. Which is exactly what I want this to be, so people like prami can stop talking.

Zenity likes this.
  9. RedDain

Also... clairvoyance should get "preordained" and be a target spell - target champ gains "gift of scrying" for X rounds

10. Karmavore

Karmavore MEDIUMALLTIME

I was literally going to post the exact same thing...

11. Xirone

It just seems like Lifeshield is rarely ever played. A slight buff would do wonders. I was thinking something along the lines of Lifeshield protecting the target champ and the nearest friendly champ (and then if either of them cancel a spell, they both lose the protection). It would make the spell less "risky." Then again, there truly are many good candidates for a slight buff.

12. only

only Active Member

Blinding Flash - Target champion gains Flash Bomb.

13. GabrielQ

GabrielQ I need me some PIE!

I know this isn't the place for it, but I'm pro strategy diversity, and I would rather see thorn collection at 75 nora/15 damage and instant refund rather than 50nora/10 damage delayed refund. Why? because both make it less spammable in every situation, but the first keeps his efficiency and kills spell spam and the later reduces his splashability but keeps the spell spam strategy.

14. RedDain

I play it all the time - good cheap buff for Fae Oracle, and can cancel spells that are true game-wreckers (hammerstrike, vertical push, blink, fading recollection, etc). People don't use it enough to see its true power/value.

Xirone likes this.
  15. Karmavore

Karmavore MEDIUMALLTIME

I wouldn't approve this.

16. Karmavore

Karmavore MEDIUMALLTIME

I'd do that for 65 nora, no way an AoE is worth more than 65, (see firestorm)

17. RedDain

I get the point, but I think 75 nora for 15 physical damage in AOE3, even with instant refund, is way over the top. No one would run it.

18. RedDain

lol.

GET OUT OF MY BRAIN!

19. Karmavore

Karmavore MEDIUMALLTIME

I think if TC was ever given a cost increase and a nora nerf, people would just start running brambles/NW again..

20. GabrielQ

GabrielQ I need me some PIE!

That number keeps the cost/damage current efficiency of the spell, it's not a number I just thought of. But I see your point.
    Ideally, now that TC is legendary, I would see NW as standard AoE in KF and TC only used when you want to spell spam.

Edit: @Xirone opinion?

Last edited: Mar 22, 2014
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.