K'thir Forest... weak faction?

Discussion in 'Training Grounds and Game Guides' started by Yohan, Apr 21, 2017.

1. Yohan

Yohan Member

Hello, I'm relatively new to this game. I've been playing since February and even when I'm not having any troubles to win daily skirmishes/legendary mode on most campaigns, I do find it very difficult to use the Dawn of K'thir Publick deck... I truly suck at using it. I've tried all factions and this one really gives me a hard time, I feel its champions do poor damage/have no endurance. They do seem squishy but they have lots of heal/cleansing stuff. Is it just me? What is the trick to use this faction effectively? Thanks in advance :)

2. Lushiris

Lushiris I need me some PIE!

Well man, public decks have the flaw of becoming outdated as time passes; although this set of theme decks was actually pretty good back when it was made, now only a handful is barely decent. Specifically your Dawn of K'thir deck has no synergy at all - no theme, no focus, not even a trick - it's a cute thing to do but it's not really doable.

So to make this short and answer your question, KF isn't really weak, it's the public decks that are oudated. But with the new client a better system will take place so they will be gone. If you want a better KF public deck, I suggest the Garu Mastery one; it's not super amazing but it's certainly better put together than the one you're using and I'm sure you'll find it stronger.

Last edited: Apr 22, 2017
    Hierokliff likes this.
  3. Hierokliff

Hierokliff I need me some PIE!

KF is not weak at all, they got a few themes that are a nightmare to fight or try to fight atleast. havent tested the training deck, but think @Lushiris is right.
    i'll try to trick you to test IS instead, if you login into the betaclient you get a free 30rune IS-bg that you can alter with other runes and start build your stack of runes with.
    while doing skirmish/campaigns you get free runes, if you dont like them, make shards of them and craft what you want instead. if you start with the free IS-bg, and craft 15kf runes so you can run KF/IS pretty fast and select to get KF runes as reward

4. Yohan

Yohan Member

Thank you! And what if I want to build a full BG? Which theme/race/class should I go after?

5. Lushiris

Lushiris I need me some PIE!

Whatever you feel like. You should only worry about deck competitivity if you're not new to the game and are aiming to play ranked hardcore. Otherwise, like I said, aim for your personal preferences, themes in Pox are in a pretty cool state right now.

If you're just looking for ideas(even crappy ones), KF has Beasts, Treefolk, Garus,De'lim, Elves, Fairies, Naria, Vashals, Wizards, Centaurs, Archers, Rangers(yes and they're good), Magic Amp...

Just go to the rune manager and sort the runes by Race/Class and start from there(except with Magic Amp, but qpoxdb can do it), and don't worry about which runes you should use, in fact you should try them all just for sake of knowledge, at least the cheap ones. I don't remember anything else right now but someone will say it for sure, hope it helps.

Yohan likes this.