Kudos to DMrBadGuy

Discussion in 'Shattered Peaks' started by WraithxxV, Jul 24, 2014.

1. WraithxxV

WraithxxV Active Member

Just wanted to point out that we probably have the most involved and on target council member (imo) of any faction right now. I was glad to see the changes of the patch (which are limited to a number per faction, so not everything could get changed) were both on target and prioritized inteligently.

Virtual cookie to you, fine fishy sir.

P.S. Thank you for the high prio on the Dogpile fix.

Woffleet likes this.
  2. Ballballer

Ballballer Chief Antagonist

I agree that dmr has done an outstanding job thus far

3. WraithxxV

WraithxxV Active Member

Nice!

Good catch on Feshwrangler being sleeper op, I've noticed that but it's not an obvious one like a lot of others! I actually really like all of your calls on Hyaenids/Djinns, if anything I'd keep tele on Marid as it feels like part of its flavor (or maybe I'm just used to it).
    Will play them some more to see how they're holding up as of the latest patch!

4. Dagda

Dagda Forum Royalty

i second the dmr endorsement. guy can be full of himself, but he's generally justified

5. Dagda

Dagda Forum Royalty

how much you payin

6. WraithxxV

WraithxxV Active Member

7. Dagda

Dagda Forum Royalty

bro i'm sure i got credit from that UR transaction, you deffo got the sweet end of the stick (hue) on that deal

8. Xirone

Xirone I need me some PIE!

Yeah, DMrB is the real deal.

PhdNiceGuy likes this.
  9. Xuvali

Xuvali Devotee of the Blood Owl

Good work DMr.

Though is suspect there will still be plenty of Anti SP threads leaking through from certain suspect characters

10. WraithxxV

WraithxxV Active Member

Well, I've played Nids a decent amount and am ready to give a post working Dogpile opinion on them.

NOT BAD! Not bad at all. I mean they're not tier 1 (tier 1 right now is just dumb anyways), but they work, play right and feel good.
    -Dogpile actually adds up to a lot of damage in the new meta, I think it could actually be worth 6 nora.
    -I was wrong on Spearman, he is very good, but I had been using him wrong.
    -Feshwrangler is very strong, but doesn't feel op, so probably his only problem is the -5 nora for large units.
    -Stalker is still confused as heck on what is his role, Assassinate and Scrapper just don't work well together, so I would suggest moving both to upgrades on the same path and let players choose what they want to use him for.
    -Bulwark, Pack Leader and Breaker continue to be the odd ones out that provide nothing interesting to the theme. They're not useless, just boring.

P.S. If my rank seems to be dropping it's because I'm auto surrendering the moment I see trees, and I see a lot of those. Oh and, BUMP!

11. allyorbase

allyorbase I need me some PIE!

RE: Soothsayer: Can I suggest merely replacing Multi-attack 1 with Sunder as an upgrade? Losing Blood for Nora would be amazing, since SP is not known for spell spam, anyhow. It's *always* been a sandbag on him.

PS: Thanks, DMr. Seriously.

12. limone1981

limone1981 I need me some PIE!

and it they not lose the 15 nora so is time to give them back ability worth 15 nora, I'm not saying let's give to Sceian equipable, but command charge or dodge 2 will be fair.
    For Dirge let's give him Block back and for Klub...I don't know, let's give him crushing charge on base?

The thing is : yes our heroes are cheap but compared to the other factions one they don't bring anything strong on the board....having a 7 rng Grimlic or a surge enemy dwarf (with ini2) is totally different from a 6 spd Dirge!!!

13. allyorbase

Hyaenid Stalker: Assassinate has to go. It's a 10-nora sandbag that conflicts with Scrapper and rarely sees any use (for me), because I want Scrapper (and Shadowstrike in non-Hyaenids) to trigger. Pre-revamp, he would sneak in, tap the opponent, and trigger Scrapper and Hit and Run. That was his primary kit. Assassinate was just icing. Now he's... not right.

14. Nebron

Nebron I need me some PIE!

This is how I was wanting to re-do stalker:

Hyaenid Stalker - This guy never made much sense. He was an assassin for a theme that assassins don't make sense in and to top it all off his kit didn't make sense.

Remove scrapper and assassinate 1 from base, add death sentence to base

Upgrade tree 1 is now: Scrapper, shadowstrike, stealth
    Upgrade tree 2: Knockout, cackle, dogpile

Stalker is now a unit that can harass the enemy and rips a single target in half in a way that synergizes with the hyaenid theme. He can also be built as a melee fighter or as a stealthy annoyance depending on player preference

allyorbase likes this.
  15. allyorbase

I really like that. It forces you to choose the straight-up melee tank (Scrapper and Cackle), or the sneaky rogue (Shadowstrike and Knockout).

I don't think Dogpile is a good upgrade to take, vs. the other two, honestly, and Stealth is nowhere near as sexy as Shadowstrike, bearing in mind that he begins play stealthed.

16. Farfallo

Farfallo New Member

an sp champ with Assassinate is pretty cool though. Make stealth and cackle base. add assassinate upgrade tree

17. Farfallo

Farfallo New Member

Can Mika possibly get a little cheaper?

18. Zythraak

Zythraak The King of Potatoes

Her OUT price dropped 1.8 mil since the other day...

Oh you mean nora..haha

But yeah, totally, nice job DMr.

19. PurpleTop

PurpleTop I need me some PIE!

also a fan of all your good work. Props to you man. I just wanted to chime in and say I didn't see shallaxy on your list, and it would be cool if she got a little rework done too :3

Keep it up!