Lag Cheating

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Jbafofi, Jun 21, 2017.

1. Jbafofi

Jbafofi The King of Potatoes

Is this a thing? I'm a returning player from a few years and on ps4. Well I'm in my second ranked match last night and I'm starting to cause my opponent some problems, then all of a sudden at the start of my turn I can barely move around the map and select units, this being all of a sudden and the first time I experience this on ps4. It seems to clear somewhat after a minute of his turn, he gets all his stuff done, my turn and i'm in treacle again. I lost the game.

So, is it possible that my opponent saw the game wasn't going to go his way and then unpaused a mega draining download at the end of his turn? Pausing it again at the end of my turn?

Many hours of play on ps4 and this is the only time the game has slowed to a crawl, hence this post, it seemed highly suspect to me. Anyway if this is possible I'd gladly give the name of my opponent to the moderators. Lag cheats are the lamest scum of gaming.

2. LoserSlick

LoserSlick Devotee of the Blood Owl

welcome to the new client :(

DiCEM0nEY likes this.
  3. Andoid

Andoid Member

This happens to see on the steam version of the game as well.

4. Markoth

Markoth Lord Inquisitor

5. Tubesox

Tubesox The King of Potatoes

^
    That actually was a good read for me. I knew less than d**k about how this stuff works. Kinda cool.
    Also didn't know sokolov was a/the designer. Thought he was a mod.

6. Hierokliff

Hierokliff I need me some PIE!

This happends to me sometimes if i use units that alter the terrain, with rocks/water/lava instead. but on PC a client restart is very fast if i feel lag or fear of having been dc'ed i just restart when its my turn.