Last attempt at saving UD

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by nepyonisdead, Nov 14, 2017.

1. Alakhami

Alakhami I need me some PIE!

1. I meant the spiderling stuff with PtN
    2. Yeah, I noticed that. By not so long ago I meant when they hit the table.
    3. Good point.
    Oh indeed, it doesn't look bad at all. Shame though that you can't run it like before with Cocoon and Teleport and Phase Shift.

2. Sokolov

Sokolov The One True Cactuar Octopi

It's looking like the best bet is to make an ability that keys off Ensnared (or change an existing one so that it does).

3. Alakhami

What do you mean?

4. Sokolov

Since Web is going to very hard to use in the way we want, the best bet is to key off Ensnared instead (which Web causes).

This also has the advantage of being a bit more generic, and working with Ensnare and Entangling Attack.

So, for example, we could create Hunter: Trapped which triggers off Slowed, Ensnared and Rooted. This wouldn't be spider specific, of course, but it should work nicely on them and we can add Pin Down etc.

5. Alakhami

Ah, sweet, that sounds pretty cool.

6. Gnomes

Gnomes Forum Royalty

haha im so glad this thread moved to this topic! ;D

Spiders are so cool!

7. Sokolov

I don't think you are wrong, but I do think these kind of these (Skeles/Spiders) do deserve some benefits for the vulnerability to some major counters.

I also sympathize with the claim/idea that Spiders do have fewer thematically interesting tools in the kit. If adjustments to help them feel more cohesive makes them OPed, we can deal with that more easily, but I think we can help make playing them a more robust experience.

8. Etherielin

Etherielin The Floof Cultist

About spiders - is entangle ability something you can edit? I was wondering if we could add a spider version OR a spider entry for entangle, where entangling an already entagled target roots it.

Gnomes likes this.
  9. Fentum

Fentum I need me some PIE!

If ‘webbed’ changed from ensnaring to adding ‘immobile’ for a turn but didn’t alter terrain, would that be stronger / weaker / easier / better / worse?

10. DiCEM0nEY

DiCEM0nEY I need me some PIE!

Hunter is a meme ability that is basically only used to be extremely abusive or not used at all. For example hunter small tough and SL bonus is used on myx broodlord because it allows him to crush any sub 20 damage unit. The global myx hurricane (which is bugged to work on all units) is another example.

What isn't strong is hunter diseased on marideth of the rot. Because having to go through the process of making it work doesn't make it impressive.

Hunter is also abused with the SP spell that grants a bunch of auras. Why? Because spot auras and hunter can be a game breaking.

I think their webs moving over terrain is a much cooler idea than tacking on an ability that begs to be abused.

Units in web for three turns become twisted.

Remove surge and give them an ability that works similar to dig pile

Last edited: Nov 16, 2017
  11. nepyonisdead

nepyonisdead I need me some PIE!

*sigh* its posts like these that make reading ur comments and generally ur overall attitude so insufferable xD

Mairdeth has f***ing diseased on her upgrades ==> whatever u attack u now hunt....so wtf are u even talking about?

12. davre

davre The Benevolent Technofascist

Without being mean about it, a double hit against a typical 1hp champ is 39 damage. With bazaar and 4ap saved she can do that from 7 spaces away. She is good.

13. themacca

themacca Master of Challenges

you meant 1 defence right?

14. davre

davre The Benevolent Technofascist

yes

she isn't particularly effective vs 1hp champs

Etherielin and themacca like this.
  15. Sokolov

Shoebox.

16. DiCEM0nEY

DiCEM0nEY I need me some PIE!

I'm talking about hunter diseased versus hunter small and flying, or more abusive combos.

I actually don't think she is bad per se, but having hunter diseased isn't the main reason you think she is strong, was my point. She only takes less damage if she has already hit a unit. And dots don't stack, so there is also built in inefficency. Among other things.

Last edited: Nov 17, 2017
  17. MEATMAN

MEATMAN Forum Royalty

I just won with UD limited and legendary runes only and another with just vothsairs and i'm Firking garbage at this game

what are we fixing? are all limited and legendary runes OP? did my opponent suck more?

I need answers

18. Fentum

Fentum I need me some PIE!

UD isn’t too bad at all. Type of rune has little correlation to effectiveness.

Vothsairs can be nasty if a little clumsy.

19. nepyonisdead

nepyonisdead I need me some PIE!

UD isnt ''bad'' but it is no where near good enough if u wanna compete in the top 10

Now here is a small history lesson for you and this is only because you play UD..... a while back I used to be a 1300 player at best back when baller hit 3k exp, at that time I became friends with Hermaios or poxyjunkie etc and he taught me the game as its meant to be played by a top player. His main rule in pox was efficiency ... aka if ur Bane Shift is not efficient it doesnt matter if u are immune to 90% of ur opponents Bane Shift ull still lose.

Now how this co relates to UD... UD is a very powerful faction no doubt about that but its one of the most inefficient factions in the game if not the most inefficient. I made a couple of UD bgs and the difference in the average rune cost is 5 - 10 nora between those bgs and every tirer1 bg i made from every other faction. The one UD bg i have thats winning me 90% of my games vs the top 10 is made up of the 2 main units they want to nerf recently and thats culler and hoof. After that change i am afraid if u are a UD player ull get destroyed by an average ST or even SL player, now if u arent aiming to go to the top with ur faction then thats ok but if u are this is obviously very worrying news.

Anyways i made this thread and did my part the rest is up to pox community

Woffleet and super71 like this.
  20. super71

super71 I need me some PIE!

This was a very good post, and pretty much what I thought of when playing ud the last few days. They don't survive long enough to be considered efficient, and their stats are mostly lower than other factions champs with the same cost and have a few ways of amplifying those stats. Head over to the ud forums and jump into the bok racial thread, would be nice to have your insight there also.