Lay Trap: Poison Cloud

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by GabrielQ, Apr 27, 2014.

1. Kampel

Kampel I need me some PIE!

I disagree on traps with timer.

2. Boozha

Boozha I need me some PIE!

Augur has already been toned down. And has only 3 upgrades at the moment. He's damn squishy ... What change would you want for it?

3. GabrielQ

GabrielQ I need me some PIE!

I would like something like no reflexes, no jolt and leap 3 instead of opportunistic for pseudo 7 speed.
    So it would be:
    amphibious
    slam
    bounce
    dissipate
    water vortex
    leap 3
    Another option is eliminating dissipate for -2/-3 damage also.

4. Boozha

Thats a bit much ... Jolt should go, it makes no sense, but the rest? Meh ... Maybe a bit less damage, too, but I kinda like his skillset. If he was to lose reflexes he should also lose some noraz.

5. Paper Skull

Paper Skull I need me some PIE!

He's a ranged pseudo 16 damage 7 speed with 3 sources of knockback, a dot, 35% less damage from melee and an aoe attack for 72 nora. He is absurdly cheap as is. He could lose jolt and reflexes and still be pretty damn good.

6. Boozha

With opportunistic and dissipate his damage is pretty pseudo 16 indeed.

7. Kampel

If the problem is the slam+cloud then please don't nerf all the traps.

8. GabrielQ

a single trap unit can cover the map with traps, it's only logical that they need to fade away after some time.

9. Kampel

Maybe not fade away but after 8/10 turns they are revealed? how would that sound to you? Or maybe when the deployer is killed something happen to its traps..

Just a plain "fade away" seems too much to me..

10. GabrielQ

Traps are basically incounterable, keep that in mind, they aren't like relics that you can detect and destroy, they are there, and you know they are there and you have to eat them anyways because only a couple runes can counter them.

11. Kampel

How about.. traps only trigger if a champ with "trapper" ability is within 5 spaces? That way if you kill the trapper you disable the traps. And if you want to enable them again you need to deploy a trapper and be in the trap zone.

12. GabrielQ

How about... traps only last a set amount of turns?

13. profhulk

profhulk Forum Royalty

Best post of the entire thread. Give traps a duration. Covering the entire map with traps that last entire game is op. Either that or start spreading around the eat trap ability on a bunch of other champs that already have detection. Eat trap ability needs to be more effective as well either increase the duration for damage bonus or lower the ap cost by 1.

Last edited: Apr 29, 2014
  14. super71

super71 I need me some PIE!

We really don't need anymore ranks of abilities we have enough pointless abilities with ranks as it is.

15. MageAstral

MageAstral The King of Potatoes

The Poison Trap should last 1 turn when the cloud triggers and cd of the ability raised to 3. Seems fair and easy to change.

Kampel likes this.
  16. Vote Kanye 2020

Vote Kanye 2020 Better-Known Member

I honestly just think that poison clouds should not be triggered by slam, rather than just changing the AoE size of them.

17. Boozha

I think that would be pretty impossible to code. Stuff just triggers as soon as an enemy is on top of the trap.

18. sassquatch

sassquatch I need me some PIE!

slam + traps is a valid strategy. as is stacking different traps in one square for super traps. stacking multiple instances of poison cloud (or lots of 1 type of trap) is the real issue. most other forms of buffs/debuffs dont stack so idenitcal traps shouldnt be able to be placed on 1 square. a secondary minor issue is the lack of validly runnable trap eater units (none of which have detection if i recall correctly bassically requiring 2 champs to do 1 job). removing the ability to stack the poison clouds and identicle traps as well as providing a runnable counter to the traps would be the proper first step to resolving abuses to this strategy. if this doesnt resolve issues then as a secondary step after the first adjustment settles is that a duration could be placed on traps.

as a side note to trap eater, without giving them detection to make them uber meta, just give them detection:traps built into the trap eater ability. that way they could detect traps to better fill their role without detecting the random other stealthed shenanigans going on. this would allow some give and take on stategic positioning without breaking either playstyle.

19. zorbot

zorbot The King of Potatoes

In response to something that is largely benign, you are all in support of introducing more new features and abilities. I don't understand this game sometimes.

20. Boozha

I use it myself, but Poison cloud + Slam is quite the FS crutch atm. I wish it were taken down a bit and other areas buffed instead.