League of Legends

Discussion in 'Off-Topic' started by Morfeas, Jul 2, 2014.

1. Regulate

Regulate I need me some PIE!

My favourite thing is playing a champ for the first time in ranked.

0 ****s are given

The idea of "maining" a champ makes me feel physically ill and I pity everyone who does it.

Dagda likes this.
  2. BurnPyro

BurnPyro Forum Royalty

regusalt

3. Loyaute

Loyaute I need me some PIE!

I have a similar philosophy. The devs gave you options. Picking 1 or 2 is silly.
    Also, my first time playing Galio was in ranked. The level of what the eff is this was high.

Dagda likes this.
  4. Vote Kanye 2020

Vote Kanye 2020 Better-Known Member

and you have Vlad jungle, when you feel like throwing a game.

5. BurnPyro

BurnPyro Forum Royalty

wurd ***** wurd

6. Dagda

Dagda Forum Royalty

yo i be on when i done patchin tho

hmu b

7. Zetsu

Zetsu The King of Potatoes

wtf

8. TeaNinja

TeaNinja I need me some PIE!

How to improve in LoL? I mostly play ranked, but I'm sitting her in Bronze III now.

9. Boozha

Boozha I need me some PIE!

Know when to surrender, leaves time for more games

10. Regulate

Accepting that you're in bronze because you are really, really, really bad is the first step. I'm being serious

Once you're past that it's hard to give advice because you could be doing any number of things wrong. Bronze games are all kinds of weird too, I jumped into spec my friend playing and the game had over 50 kills in 16 minutes... I don't even know how that happens.

The key to improving in any game is being able to recognise your own mistakes, unfortunately. Without this ability you will always plateau and be unable to overcome it. If you are serious about improving you should start analysing things - if you die, ask yourself why and whether you had to. Whether there was anything you could have done but didn't (i.e an ability or item you didn't use), or whether you just got yourself in a poor position, or if you were just lacking awareness of what was going on in the map.

If this on-the-fly analysis isn't working out for you, try watching recordings of your own games. Be critical.

There is no shortcut, you just have to care enough to put in the effort.

Last edited: Sep 3, 2014
    PurpleTop and TeaNinja like this.
  11. TeaNinja

TeaNinja I need me some PIE!

I'd like to get Gold V before the end of the season.

Dmr, I'm down to try it.

Thank you, Regulate.

12. Regulate

If you want tips on any specific areas then I could give you more advice...

#1 General solo q tip:
    Stick with the majority of your team in the mid/later game, even if you disagree with their decision. Say they want to go to baron but you think it's stupid, try pinging them back and hope they listen. If they still go for it, it's way better to go with them than go off alone and do what you think is best.

13. KelRama

KelRama The King of Potatoes

Whats wrong to have a main champ ? I love to play with Trundle and i can play him best. I got more champs i like to play.. and i variate a lot.. but Trundle is just a big ass troll with a huge bat.

14. Regulate

Call him your favourite champ, then. "Maining" in games like these would normally indicate you play over half your games as them

PurpleTop likes this.
  15. Regulate

I realise how pedantic that sounds but Firk those people

16. KelRama

KelRama The King of Potatoes

I hate the rage in league of legends.. its pretty annoying to be insulted all the time and in every case.

I beat the enemy, i will get flamed.
    I did a mistake, i got flamed.
    A mate did a mistake, i flamed him.
    One guy left, all the team flamed him.

Its just insane.

17. Regulate

Just /mute all if rage bothers you. You can't change people.

18. PurpleTop

PurpleTop I need me some PIE!

@Regulate you say watch and review your own games..... There isn't a way to do this with the client is there? Like I would need recording software right?

19. Vote Kanye 2020

Vote Kanye 2020 Better-Known Member

You would need to download something, only one I know off is Lolreplay, but I heard it's good.

PurpleTop likes this.
  20. PurpleTop

PurpleTop I need me some PIE!

cool thanks I'll look into that