League of Legends

Discussion in 'Off-Topic' started by Morfeas, Jul 2, 2014.

1. Boozha

Boozha I need me some PIE!

Got run over by Xerath HORRIBLY with Vel yesterday. Horribly, horribly.

2. PurpleTop

PurpleTop I need me some PIE!

I would say that Vayne and Draven are by far the two hardest adc's to master, and for this reason I would say that they are generally bad picks in lower elo (like mine).

3. BurnPyro

BurnPyro Forum Royalty

General rule of thumb for top/mid lane/adc, max your utility last (your cc on e), you max either w or q first, w first for an easy waveclear seems preferable. Then max q for more damage. The reason you max your utility last is because it generally doesn't scale that well, doesn't do a lot of damage and has a significantly higher cooldown than the rest of your spells. I mean, you don't use e for the damage, just the fact that it knocks someone up. If you maxed it first it would come up a few seconds faster off cooldown but your damage output would be completely butchered. Not to mention that it's pretty hard to hit.

Exceptions are supports and jungles that rely on their cc to be useful. Fiddlesticks/rammus and morgana for example. Their job is to get that cc down for the team, not necessarily do all the damage.

4. BurnPyro

BurnPyro Forum Royalty

I agree that they are harder to master for sure, but that doesn't make them bad picks in lower elo. Both champs have a really good scaling in their own way into the lategame and can duel other adc's and even assasins. Both snowball pretty hard compared to a caitlyn or a safer adc.

They are high risk/high reward adcs, I wouldn't play them 1st time in ranked (not any champ really) but if you get the basics down I wouldn't be opposed to playing them in your elo (whatever that may be).

Then again, you could also just play tristana.

5. TeaNinja

TeaNinja I need me some PIE!

I really enjoy Quinn as an adc.

6. PurpleTop

I hate how true this is

7. Rapidice

Rapidice I need me some PIE!

Well, I enjoy playing Ezreal as ADC. Last patches hurt him a lot, but I still use him from time to time. Then I remeber how crappy he is when the enemy team knows how to deal with you.

8. PurpleTop

I wish Ashe wasn't so bad

9. Chester

Chester The King of Potatoes

Ashe isnt bad at all, but due to meta change and assassins, it is so hard for Ashe to survive.

10. Chester

Chester The King of Potatoes

well, she can self peel with slows i would say, but there are just too many gap closer which made her slow seems useless. (exactly same problem with Varus but Varus has alot of burst dmg comparing with Ashe).
    She was OP back then because of low Ulti CD as well. The classic mid Ashe with teleport strat.
    For those who don't know

11. Dagda

Dagda Forum Royalty

hash rants on and on about how ashe (and red buff, i guess) basically created melee champs as they exist now- the problem being that the original melee couldn't stick to something that could kite perfectly (no turnspeed) while slowing them. this in turn led to more gapclosers and randuin's, but then everything had to have both, and that led to more adcs getting gapclosers before they decided to just nerf everything involved (to some extent or another)

i think that's the short version

12. BurnPyro

BurnPyro Forum Royalty

great rant on the forums though

13. KTCAOP

KTCAOP I need me some PIE!

A Good Ashe can probably get you into Gold. Not sure about Plat and most likely won't survive very well in Challenger.

14. BurnPyro

BurnPyro Forum Royalty

I mean, you can play ashe if you get a duoQ going or your team knows what they're doing. It's just risky as Firk.

Also, LP loss must be broken. All of a sudden a -30 for a loss, reddit was right. I shouldn't have que'd up. Had to win two games to make up for it.

15. PurpleTop

Just don't lose. Noob

16. BurnPyro

BurnPyro Forum Royalty

Quin adc too strong

Xinde and TeaNinja like this.
  17. BurnPyro

BurnPyro Forum Royalty

<---- blitz god btw

18. Boozha

Boozha I need me some PIE!

I Firking hate laning with blitz. He can win games, but I still hate him. I love getting supported by Leona and Taric. I also support with Leona and wish I could support with Volibear ... RP, why u accrue so slow

19. BurnPyro

BurnPyro Forum Royalty

-35lp for a loss.

I swear, ever since the intro of master tier every diamond player I've heard of has had ******** amounts of lp loss per loss and the same gain per win. How do you even rank up like this.

20. BurnPyro

BurnPyro Forum Royalty

15 wins 5 losses out of my last 20 games, only gained a few lp.

rito pls