League of Legends

Discussion in 'Off-Topic' started by Morfeas, Jul 2, 2014.

1. Sokolov

Sokolov The One True Cactuar Octopi

That's a pretty good showing. Altho I don't think absolute counts like that are very useful. I mean, of the 119 champions LoL has, 77 has been picked or banned in current NA LCS (the most.. "meta" of the regions). If we include Korea (generally considered more experimental), this shoots up to... well, I got tired of counting, but at least 20 more even after a couple of the group stages.

I don't disagree that League has a diversity problem, but that datapoint is not exactly conclusive of anything ;)

Also, DOTA 2's has 5 bans per side instead of 3 so... statistically there should be more stuff banned/picked if all else was equal.

2. KTCAOP

KTCAOP I need me some PIE!

DotA has by far the superior pick and ban phase, however, along with that, many of the champions can fit into different roles. Within League of Legends, you will rarely ever see an Ashe be support or a bruiser or an AP burster, you won't see too many Nami AP Mids or Top, etc. Many of the champions are restricted to their role with only a few exceptions, whereas in DotA, you can see both a support and carry Mirana, Naga, Alchemist, etc., along with the increased number of some of the random variables and things like Ags Scepter along with the items that have been created for DotA, it can be quite interesting.

But yeah. I mean, even watching last year's TI, you will still see a lot of staple champions, which is almost always how it will be in any competitive game. I don't remember the last time I have seen a Meepo in competitive play, but I do remember the last time I saw a Teemo.

3. Nebron

Nebron I need me some PIE!

lol @bp for posting an EU highlight to try and show off mechanics.

4. Vaayshan

Vaayshan Member

Actually I just found out that out of 102 heroes in dota2 CM only 9 were not picked at TI4.

@Sokolov

Well, I have not watched Lol in a long time. I was just speaking from experience. Though I will watch this year's worlds, just to see how the game has developed. And you are of course right about the picks and bans.

@KTCAOP

You did not watch TI4? Singsing played a few Meepo games and there was also another team that played him, but i forgot which one.

5. BurnPyro

BurnPyro Forum Royalty

***** you jealous

6. BurnPyro

BurnPyro Forum Royalty

Oh btw, doom bots are hot Bane Shift

7. bluestun

bluestun Member

I managed to beat lvls 1 and 2, but so far doom bots lvl3 are pretty hard

8. Emries

Emries Devotee of the Blood Owl

Easystuff - sok's streaming out doomruns :p

9. BurnPyro

BurnPyro Forum Royalty

Beat lvl3s with tf with tp/flash. Honestly, you can only beat lvl3s when you run double split pushes and a load of waveclear on the 3 others. Maybe 3 splitpushers if you want to switch them out. Impossible to beat them in a straight teamfight, but you can draw them out to lanes etc. They also tend to react slowly to backdoors and such.

10. KTCAOP

Oh that's right, I do remember that one Meepo game now.

11. Emries

Just Malz top warwick jungle and some kind of waveclear for rest of lanes - easy level 3 win :p

12. Loyaute

Loyaute I need me some PIE!

I tried to play as Blitz vs the doom bots. It was hilariously bad and I lost handily.

13. ToxicSwamp

ToxicSwamp The King of Potatoes

Morg doom bot tho.......... On level 3 myself. Haven't tried it yet though. :D

14. Loyaute

Loyaute I need me some PIE!

Amumu bot doesn't die. Ever.

15. PurpleTop

PurpleTop I need me some PIE!

Doom is stupid and I hate it

16. Emries

Another trick is to push as soon as it hits 10 minutes because they'll all TF ult to dragon :p

17. PurpleTop

especially with the aniv passive.

I hate dume

18. KTCAOP

Backdoor Tryn sounds like the way to go.

19. PurpleTop

that's how my roommate beat it

20. Dagda

Dagda Forum Royalty

i think either odd southerner or aussie
    what server was he on