Leak

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Sokolov, Dec 12, 2016.

1. Lushiris

Lushiris I need me some PIE!

sokoleaks.jpg

2. themacca

themacca Master of Challenges

why would ST even run cleansing emerald, they have cleansing storm.

3. bambino

bambino I need me some PIE!

I guess because CS is a one time deal,, while CE is perpetual until destroyed?

4. NevrGonaGivUup

NevrGonaGivUup I need me some PIE!

Cleansing emerald vs storm

Pros
    Doesn't cleanse enemies
    Cleanses for multiple rounds
    Can contest fonts
    Unaffected by spell counters
    Is a Nora gem for crystals

Cons
    Not global
    No heal
    Costs 5 mora Nora and has 1 turn CD
    Doesn't proc adaptive.

5. calisk

calisk I need me some PIE!

wait what?

they gave the best gem to gem faction =O

can someone point me to the exit of the twilight zone?

to be honest i agree that most decks would never use it but their are a lot of decks that can and should especially gems.

all that said I'm a bit surprised, since sp has been using that forever, I'm not sure exactly how they will react to that.

Last edited: Dec 13, 2016
  6. 4NIK8

4NIK8 I need me some PIE!

FFS make it KF/FS already not like ST need anymore spot cleanse... FS has none...

What is the FS council member doing in times like these... If he even exists..

:confused:

7. calisk

let's push for the first ever quad faction rune!

is/st/kf/sp !

alternatively it could be the first universal rune, which honestly I've thought pox should of had for awhile now.

8. SireofSuns

SireofSuns I need me some PIE!

Prepare to see Terraced Slag and Hyaenid Witchdoctor become SP's new cookie-cutter runes.

I'm not really sure why the change to Cleansing Emerald. Now SP gets Impairing Sapphire? One of the worst relics currently? I'll have to wait to see what else changed I guess.

@Sokolov FOOLS, WHAT HAVE YOU DONE!? YOU HAVE THROWN YOURSELF TO THE WOLVES!

9. SireofSuns

That would be nice. That's how mtg deals with its artifacts.

10. Ballballer

Ballballer Chief Antagonist

In all seriousness, losing cleansing emerald is one of the biggest nerfs to SP I can even remember, right on par with the faction bonus change.

Like I am literally in awe right now that that change went through

JellyBerry, Bondman007 and bambino like this.
  11. Braxzee

Braxzee I need me some PIE!

One it is a non -spell and if you are running crystals it can increase you cleansing effect.

12. SireofSuns

I've already switched Emerald out for Bunny Slug. Time to go see how it runs.

Maybe we'll get some other awesomeness?

In all honesty, something like Cleanse, if it's going to be in a faction at all, needs to be decently spread out. I expect to see cookie-cutter bg's just switch the Emerald out for our two champs that have Cleanse (probably Witchdoctor). It's too important of an ability to be ignored in the meta.

13. Braxzee

How is swap and pounce being consolidated? One did damage and the other was an exchange of places with another champ. The two effects are very different. I can see swoop and pounce?

TeaNinja and 4NIK8 like this.
  14. Braxzee

It feels like that Protectorate is going the cleanse route and wrath is going the dispel route.

15. davre

davre The Benevolent Technofascist

My feeling on this one is that SP became collateral damage as a way of eroding arguments for cleanse in UD. With the removal of dispel from protectorate sources it looks like Sok is trying to make steps toward establishing flavor/playstyle differences between wrath and protectorate.

Woffleet, Kampel, Etherielin and 5 others like this.
  16. SireofSuns

swoop and pounce

17. calisk

swoop isn't anything like swap....not that I care any time I see swap on a champion I tend to wish it was another ability anyway....

or are you saying swoop and pounce are becoming the same ability....though pounce targets location while swoops targets units which makes pounce better most of the time

18. SPiEkY

SPiEkY King of Jesters

Basically, Pounce is becoming Swoop, and it's getting a slight adjustment.

Etherielin, JellyBerry and SireofSuns like this.
  19. davre

davre The Benevolent Technofascist

It's pretty unlikely that this would ever happen, the giving tree/angel/harbinger/owl/doombringer route is much more lucrative.

20. SireofSuns

Also, Swap is amazing if you can get used to to it.