Legion (TV Show)

Discussion in 'Off-Topic' started by Ohmin, Feb 10, 2017.

1. Markoth

Markoth Lord Inquisitor

Same. Watched the first Expanse episode last night. I usually hate shows on SYFY but it was pretty good.

19madfox95 and Geressen like this.
  2. Geressen

Geressen Forum Royalty

yeah most of what syfy made was low cost and bad, hopefully this is new direction for them.

Last edited: Feb 19, 2017
  3. Ohmin

Ohmin Forum Royalty

Wistful SciFi Channel thought: It's a shame what happened to Eureka after the Writer's Strike. Just never quite got it's footing back.

Geressen likes this.
  4. Geressen

Geressen Forum Royalty

I really liked the first episode of legion, the second less so but still good. I will continue watching.

Ohmin likes this.
  5. Ohmin

Ohmin Forum Royalty

By the way, on "The Expanse" front I had a funny conversation with my friend just now. I'd just caught up on the series and figured my friend would like it since he's into Science Fiction and such. So I mentioned the series, and that it was apparently based on a book which I didn't know the name of. He'd never heard of the series, but he told me about this book he just finished reading a couple days called 2312...

Turns out he knew exactly what I was talking about, well, obviously he hadn't seen or heard of the TV adaptation but...

Geressen likes this.
  6. Geressen

Geressen Forum Royalty

nope different books

apparently season 2 ep 5 is the end of the first book.
    [​IMG]

7. Markoth

Markoth Lord Inquisitor

/me goes and buys a book.

I finished Season 1. Stayed good the whole was through. Will watch season 2 between all my other shows. I did a tally yesterday and figured out I watch 13 different shows :/

19madfox95 and Geressen like this.
  8. Geressen

Geressen Forum Royalty

somehow we are in a rennaisance of television series.

9. Ohmin

Ohmin Forum Royalty

3rd Episode of Legion felt better than the 2nd, though not quite as good as the first.

Geressen likes this.
  10. Ohmin

Ohmin Forum Royalty

Huh, the book my friend told me about had the Big Mormon Space-ship thing and everything. He could be flipping titles though, but that seems unlikely.

EDIT: He also mentioned Mercury playing a larger role in the story though, at the time we had attributed that up to adaptation changes though... so maybe they just have very similar projections for "the future"... and vaguely similar plot points. (Or one is a rip-off of the other).

Last edited: Feb 23, 2017
    Geressen likes this.
  11. Dagda

Dagda Forum Royalty

i've watched through ep 2 of legion now and i can safely say that i will continue to watch it

Geressen likes this.
  12. Geressen

Geressen Forum Royalty

Space mormons are a Sci-Fi staple, exhibit A: Starship troopers

its a bit on a joke I think about the relatively large amount of mormon science fiction writers and their works. the science fiction that have mormons in them I believe are usually not written by mormons due to things not usually working out the way the space mormons plan.

where science fiction with large mormon influences such as battlestar galactica and the ender series do not stereotype mormons as silly space religious cultists but use a lot of language, themes and symbolism reminiscent of their ideology and religion.

13. Ohmin

Ohmin Forum Royalty

But I don't just mean the ship being a thing but also it being used for something very similar to what it was used for in the last TV episode. There were other similarities as well.

EDIT: Then again I was talking about how, much less directly, the story-line reminded me of an old Sega Genesis game based on Buck Rogers (except with less aliens and stuff)... so hey... common themes seems rather plausible.

Geressen likes this.
  14. Geressen

Geressen Forum Royalty

well what else are you going to use a giant mormon generation ship for? send mormons to a new star system over a timespan of generations?

Ohmin likes this.
  15. Ohmin

Ohmin Forum Royalty

Glad you're enjoying it.

16. Ohmin

Ohmin Forum Royalty

For what it's worth, 2312 was a book my friend quite enjoyed, and as he told me was a Hugo award winner etc. So it should be a good book even if The Expanse isn't based on it.

Geressen likes this.
  17. Markoth

Markoth Lord Inquisitor

I may look that one up. I already bought Leviathan Awakes on my way home from work :p

19madfox95 and Ohmin like this.
  18. Geressen

Geressen Forum Royalty

I am really enjoying legion, now that is some nice horror episode.

19. darklord48

darklord48 Forum Royalty

I'm finally current on The Expanse. I'm starting to like Miller more. I will watch Legion eventually, but I couldn't DVR it yet. I'll try to catch the reruns.

Geressen likes this.
  20. Geressen

Geressen Forum Royalty

have you watched episode 5?