Legion (TV Show)

Discussion in 'Off-Topic' started by Ohmin, Feb 10, 2017.

1. darklord48

darklord48 Forum Royalty

Yes, probably why I like Miller.

2. Geressen

Geressen Forum Royalty

savage.

darklord48 likes this.
  3. Ohmin

Ohmin Forum Royalty

Thoughts on latest Legion:
    Lenny Lenny Bo Benny
    Me My Mo Many
    Lenny

Also, what would YOU do if you were stuck in that place with Oliver?

4. Geressen

Geressen Forum Royalty

Did not expect the "we never had a dog" again so soon after sherlock S4E3

why are all the guns of German manufacture? except the one at the end I think.
    because of Diogo everyone likes Miller.

Last edited: Mar 2, 2017
  5. Ohmin

Ohmin Forum Royalty

Eh, for me it was more of a "because of interactions with Miller [whom I never got around to liking] I kind of like Diogo."

I do rather like the growing friendship (of sorts) between Alex and Amos though.

6. Geressen

Geressen Forum Royalty

Diogo is fun but a bit dumb

Amos is interesting because he just sort of decided;
    "well..., I have no working perception of when what is morally justified so I'm just going to follow orders from people who I think are morally good."

7. Geressen

Geressen Forum Royalty

beat poetry.

19madfox95 and Ohmin like this.
  8. Tweek516

Tweek516 I need me some PIE!

Just watched episode 1-4. Quite good, probably will continue watching.

At some parts the character's stupidity got a bit frustrating, but eh.

9. Hierokliff

Hierokliff I need me some PIE!

Couldnt see the latest episode (4) it was just so boring/annoying i left the tv and walked away. sad because loved the first episode.

10. Geressen

Geressen Forum Royalty

dammit diogo stop following any random older belter you imprint on.

Legion episode was solid but I thought this moment from legion was a bit of the low point because it doesn't really matter that much.

I think Legion does very interesting things with sound and perspective and the yellow eyed devil and all it's Firkery is amazing and if it were real horrifying. the part at the house they are actively Firking with us the viewer is a good example.

Last edited: Mar 9, 2017
  11. Ohmin

Ohmin Forum Royalty

You'd almost think he's trying to find some sort of replacement for that guy that shoved him out of an airlock (out of love... sort of).

One of the things I thought was interesting was the re-use of the same location/set for what "should" be different times and places. It makes the viewer ask: "so was all this stuff at the same location actually at the same time in spite of the order it was shown?" and even: "is that location a real place or a projection?"

It's also a clever way to enhance the mind screw while skimping on budget (ostensibly to put it elsewhere). Turn what would normally be a potential weakness into a strength.

But yeah, the old: "have I accidentally muted this?" mindscrew is a classic as well. I pitty anyone that turned up the volume during that without turning it back down.

Geressen likes this.
  12. Geressen

Geressen Forum Royalty

His uncle, I don't think Diogo's Father was around long in his life, he is just a poor street rat looking for a father figure..

13. Tweek516

Tweek516 I need me some PIE!

Really liked the 5th episode. Good stuff.

Also, heard that...
    David is the son of prof X.

14. Ragic

Ragic I need me some PIE!

I really hope they keep this series separate from all the other hokey mutant tripe. not every damn mutant has to interact with wolverine at some point.

and Taboo is a must watch

19madfox95 and Geressen like this.
  15. Geressen

Geressen Forum Royalty

Yes they do, it is called:
    The law of BUB
    the law of bub states that every character no matter how minor who can be somehow connected to the X-men needs to be called bub by Wolverine at some point unless they die before such a point as they can be called bub in which case either flashbacks or time travel shenanigans happen to allow them to be called bub by wolverine.

16. Ragic

oh and it isn't an old mutant in david's head. its an alien. 'the stars spoke to me'.

17. Geressen

Geressen Forum Royalty

It is both actually.

when he says an OLDER mutant he means a mutant from something older than humans.

18. Ragic

well an alien would have powers that might be natural to its species. mutant implies that power came form a mutation of its natural form. I suppose aliens can be mutants too, but how would we know the difference.

19. Ohmin

Ohmin Forum Royalty

Genetic sampling from multiple aliens of the same race.

Duh.

:p

20. Ragic

which cant be done with only the single symbiote living in his head. I win.