Leoss Viable?

Discussion in 'Split Faction' started by vipoid, Jul 1, 2014.

1. vipoid

vipoid I need me some PIE!

I'm just curious as to the general opinion of Leoss, post-revamp.

Basically, I'm just wondering if a Leoss bg still seem viable? And, if so, any tips on which cards to include in one?

One thing that really struck me was that they all seem really expensive. Most of them were 80+ nora, and I think maybe 1 was below 70.

(I haven't played Leoss at all pre-revamp, so I've no idea what they were like before or how much changed.)

2. Pipster

Pipster I need me some PIE!

My opinion doesn't mean too much as I've never played Leoss, but they were always a combination of expensive super-champs for the most part. They still are, but whether they're still effective for their pricing post-revamp is a question I don't know the answer to.

3. fattyy2k

fattyy2k I need me some PIE!

I also am curious. I have a Leoss BG but havent had the chance to play it yet. frankly I am a terrible player so I have a difficult time telling if something is good.

4. sassquatch

sassquatch I need me some PIE!

I am working on testing out the champs and revising some of my previous posts and working up a new guide for post revamp. This has just been a very busy week for me outside the game. hopefully I'll have it up over the weekend.

5. Radan

Radan The King of Potatoes

6. chickenpox2

chickenpox2 I need me some PIE!

7. vipoid

Do you think Hraken the Bloodbow is worth including?

8. chickenpox2

chickenpox2 I need me some PIE!

he more expensive than mosrhan

9. sassquatch

If you are looking for a "pure" leoss bg then my initial response is no they aren't viable right now.... and I don't consider Hraken to be part of the racial theme with his current design although he is descent if expensive. The short answer reason for this is the cost got increased significantly while all the damage got over nerfed AND almost every defensive ability and crowd control ability was removed. It's ok to be outnumbered if you can contain your enemy equal their dam output.

To compare preR the average 4 champ phalanx averaged 22 dam each. Now for the same cost you can only get 3 champs that average for 14 postR. Not to mention the fact that other themes still have 65 to 75 Nora champs hitting for 18 to 28 dam on an individual internal mechanic. (I'm looking squarely at Serpent paradigm and the minos).

But I'll be more thorough in another post with a rune by rune review.

10. vipoid

I know - but of the two, he's the one I actually own. :p

Ok, that's a very useful rundown, thanks. :)

In that case, I might hold off getting any Leoss cards for now.

11. Gaedel

Gaedel I need me some PIE!

Leoss does seem pricey right now, but they always have. They also don't seem to have any "over-the-top" runes. The "Wow" factor of Magnate, Bluefist and Redfist is gone. In order for them to be viable they will need a nora decrease all around.

The only Leoss under 70 is Paragon of Ailur, but he doesn't do much to warrant a battlegroup spot. If he were a ranged unit with alternate damage, then maybe. Why not give him Battle Drum?
    Jangar Architect is the next lowest at 73, but he doesn't bring much usefulness either.

This is all too bad. They need to re-evaluate Leoss as a group and provide abilities that will help bring them together. Also, if they drop every one of Leoss by 5 points then it may work.

12. sassquatch

A good starting point but won't make them playable.... oddly also the cost of pride and soul abilities.... not a coincidence.

13. Nexx

Nexx I need me some PIE!

Leoss are still viable, and they always will be. Played Leoss my entire life and I can confirm.

14. sassquatch

the over costing for the single digit damage in the new system with the complete lack of cc and defensive abilities says you wont be climbing ranks with them.

15. Gaedel

Leoss really seem overpriced at this point. After the new algorithm gets put in they just may be viable again. If you are having success playing them at this point in time, do you mind sharing your battlegroup? You just might help revive the race. I think it is sad as to the lack of interest these Leoss threads have gotten. Leoss is my all-time favorite, but at this point they only have 1 champion under 70 nora and he is definitely not viable (Paragon), and only a couple that are under 80. They are mostly in the 80's-90's range, and that is expensive when you're looking at a high ratio in your battlegroup.

16. Nexx

Nexx I need me some PIE!

I'm actually in the process of making a guide. I had it complete but then Poxnora got revamped so I had to trash the worksheet I made the guide on, and was planning on uploading it. A month of work down the drain. I'll upload my battlegroup once I do some adjusting in it, still need to find what none leoss are viable now.

17. Nexx

Nexx I need me some PIE!

Alright so this is the bg I'm using, I'm still trying to find a replacement for the Nora Mine since it hasn't been of any use to me after the Silverclan Engineer changes, I used to run 2x of those.

http://poxbase.com/#!/deck/cyjCyhCiyc24CyzCobChjc6icuuCiucoqs19S2Lsls13s4GsPsNsKr30rYr5e1@

Edit: For those of you who want to know what upgrades I use, just request it on this topic or message me privately because if not everyone wants to know, it takes alot of time to post it.

Last edited: Jul 10, 2014
  18. Gaedel

Is this a pre-revamp battlegroup or a post-revamp battlegroup? How have you done in Ranked with this?
    Are 2 Bluefist and 2 Redfist better than some ommissions? I know they used to be very good, but not as good anymore.
    Why Lonx Beast Tamer? There are no beasts.
    Why 2 Jangar Architects?
    Why no druids?
    I understand the Crystal Phoenix, but adding non-Leoss champs does not make this a Leoss battlegroup, it is a mixed battlegroup, IMO.
    I think Leoss Guardian might be good now. Do you agree?
    What do you think about Chirai Outrunner for the early draw font runner and detection? Redfist no longer has that extra speed.
    What about Pantier Lurker for harrassment/invis and detection?
    Have you thought about Keeneye Crown and/or Tactical Manual?

Just a few questions.

19. Nexx

Nexx I need me some PIE!

1. 10 wins 1 Loss, came back yesterday, I'll be back in limited soon. This is after the
    revamp. My BG looked a little different pre-revamp.
    2. They're still great, deal immense damage, fastest Leoss (Apart from Chirai Outrunner) and they're beefy. I tend to run Soulbond on all four of them.
    3. Lonx Beast Tamer provides alot for Leoss, though it may not look like it. They have Drive and Invigorate. Every BG requires a few support champions, and I don't think Leoss monks are worth it anymore.
    4. Jangar Archanists are so underrated I have no idea why. I've deployed both of them every game. They're cost efficient and their damage is insane.
    5. Druids are optional, I just prefer the playstyle of the BG as it is rather than when having Druids.
    6. I only have two non-leoss in here. Leoss's support champions died, so Beast Tamer and Phoenix are necessary I believe.
    7. Leoss Guardian is great, 2x isn't a bad idea.
    8. Chirai Outrunner is not cost efficient unless you draw him first turn. He's not worth what he does because you have better cost efficient champions.
    9. Honestly, Pantier Lurker is great, I gave him a go in the BG today, but it just felt like something was different in the BG.
    10. I actually have thought about Tactical Manual, as a matter of fact, it's on the list of what to use to replace the Nora Mine.

If you have any more questions, especially about upgrades I use feel free to ask.

Last edited: Jul 10, 2014
  20. Gaedel