Leoss Viable?

Discussion in 'Split Faction' started by vipoid, Jul 1, 2014.

1. Gaedel

Gaedel I need me some PIE!

What are you using as upgrades on Jangar Architects, Mason (1) and Relic Guardian?
    Your bg is severly lacking in range, with Magnates (3-4), Architects (2-4) and Arcanists as your ranged damage champions. What do you do in order to compensate against the long range opponents? Keeneye Crown will help this a little.

2. Nexx

Nexx I need me some PIE!

That's what I run on Archanists, yes.
    Never really had problems, especially not vs ST or KF, the two heaviest of range. You have a frontline, a strong one, and that's what makes Leoss strong. As long as you can manage and make of what you have to an advantage, you won't have any problems.

3. Gaedel

Now we're talking! The latest repricing revamp brought Leoss down, which is a good start to get these guys going.

4. Nexx

Nexx I need me some PIE!

They're alot more amazing than before too. Hraken is runnable now, which adds another ranged champion into the equation. Not running Mosharn anymore.

5. Gaedel

But...but...but...Mosharn is my favorite! Too bad we can't run both.

6. vipoid

vipoid I need me some PIE!

I always thought it was odd that you can have any number of Heroes in a battlegroup, but only one split-hero.

7. Mausini

Mausini I need me some PIE!

Not running Mosharn is plain stupid. He is one of the most op units out there.
    Regarding Leoss support: Monks are extremly good support champs. With Shielding and Invig 2 they cost 68 Nora while having 3 def and and 12 damage. Thats super nice.

8. Gaedel

What upgrades do you run on Leoss Magnate? I really like Haste, but getting used to Regal Presence. Divine Favor would make it a very tough decision if it was rank 3. But I have been running two Magnates, one with Haste and another with Regal Presence. Then Pride for the other upgrade instead of Soul or Regen. But the choice between Pride or Soul really depends on the Pride/Soul ratio on other champs. I never choose Regen either.

Mosharn has always been my #1 Leoss, even with the high 90's price. Probably because he was the Hero with the IS/ST split. If Hraken was IS/ST or IS/KF split I would use him more. I'm just not into UD.

9. Mausini

Regal Presence is my fav option together with soul. Why soul: Because together with Regal Presence and Magnates Blessing this gives you the best boost to pride champs for a power turn.

For me Hraken hast lost a lot with the update. Deepwounds or Pride kills him for me. Mosharn with cleave is clearly superior in terms of powerturns.

10. vipoid

It seems like Deep Wounds needs to switch places with Hostile.

11. sassquatch

sassquatch I need me some PIE!

deep wounds definitely needs to swap places with hostile, but ive just removed magnate completely from my BGs it doesn't bring enough to the table compare to other options. architect druid and arcanis provide enough ranged power and 2 monks are plenty of support.

12. Mausini

Yea. Magnate is pretty expensive for what he brings on the table. It must be Magnates Blessing. Perhaps Magnates Blessing needs a little cost decrease or something else that gives him a little push.

Some other champs that need a second look:
    Ward:
    Defensive Stike needs to go. I understand the idea. This attack should give him his tankyness that he had pre revamp but it does not work because multi/sunder and Def Strike are counter productive. I would like to see Defensive Stance on him instead or simply evasive.

Architect:
    Very cool champ but Manson has absolutely no use in a Leoss BG. The architect as a Shatter option would be cool. Other than that I feel like a offensive option like Hammer Throw would be super cool (there is a hammer in his picture). Even level 1 HS would be cool for some extra range here and then.
    As a defensive option perhaps something like Wind Aura? With all the stuff hoovering around him flying seems to be a bad idea..

Wall of Ailure:
    He looks so cool but is so bad... Shroud is a really good option on a 2x2 champ but he is not tanky enough for a real tank and does not have enough damage for being not a tank. Defender is a useless update on him, Hold the Line gives him defender anyway.
    His roll in a Leoss BG is undefined except standing around, giving shroud and waiting for being ranged down.

Paragon:
    Is plain bad. No idea what do do with him. Perhaps some healing capabilities again or something like give "Pride-" or Give "Soul of Ailur" for a limited time if the programming is doable without putting to much effort into it? This would give Leoss better deck building option with non Leoss stuff.

Bloodmane:
    The original idea of a front fighter that heals himself does not work without any defensive options. Give him horrifying Aura and higher his costs accordingly. This would make him runnable again for me.

The rest of the Leoss champs are all ok from my sight of view and the Soul/Pride mechanic feels fitting too. Some champs are very good, some are not that good but runnable. Perhaps the greens should think about adding a little more uniqueness to red and buefists. Right now they are more or less the same champs.

13. vipoid

Actually, with regard to Hraken, would it really break him to have Deep Wounds or Pride of Ailur base?

I mean, he currently has a wopping 2 base abilities (not counting Split-Hero) - and one of those two is a drawback.

Could he really not have one more base ability? Not even his sodding racial?

14. Mausini

I am ok with cutting down the number of abilities and keeping his costs low.

15. sassquatch

16. Mausini

You might want to update your thread. After the recosting most champs became much more viable.

17. sassquatch

good point... ill do that later tonight. the recosting did fix some of them but the current recosting system still has everything game wide cheaper than they should be it seems.