Let's Build An Expansion Together

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Sokolov, Nov 17, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Tweek516

Tweek516 I need me some PIE!

Like it, but looks OP af, the dmg potential this thing has is insane

2. IMAGIRL

IMAGIRL Forum Royalty

Deep Elf Bard
    Faction:
    UD
    Race: Demon, Elf Class: Bard Size: Small Rarity: Rare
    Artwork
    : Joyful light-skinned female Deep Elf in a sundress with a small stringed bard intrument.
    Flavor-Text: "They wont know she's a spy, she doesn't even know." - Grimlic to Maxxerek
    Nora Cost: ?

Champion Stats
    DAM:
    ?, SPD: ? , RNG: 2-4, DEF: ?, HP: ?

Champion Abilities
    Attack Sonic:
    Sleeper Agent:
    Charm 3:
    Scornful:

Upgrade Ability Set #1
    Battle Hymn
    Deafening Aura
    Siren's Song (Default)

Upgrade Ability Set #2
    Demoralizing Descant
    Soothing Serenade (Default)

A few notes:

• Might need to swap some of the abilities around, but I think its an interesting change from what UD normally plays.
    • I'd like to be able to get her out in a more unique way but kind of at a loss without being able to make a new ability that also teleports her near the enemy shrine on the very next turn then it removes the ability. ATM, she'd be a very risky deploy, but the general idea is there.
    • Idea born from the effect of Lava Golem (Yu-Gi-Oh) & Moragen/Mika

Last edited: Nov 21, 2015
  3. Pixyrus

Pixyrus Forum Royalty

Chaos Earthmover
    Faction: Shattered Peaks
    Race: Elemental Class: Spirit Size: 1x1 Rarity: Rare
    Artwork: A dust tornado with giant boulders floating with it. It has some electricity bolts shooting out near it. On the ground, you see Moga as well as G'herns running away from it.
    Flavor Text: "It was as if the Peaks had come alive and destroyed our fortifications. There was nothing we could do!" - Ghzak, Draksar Fabricator
    Nora Cost: 70-75

Champion Stats
    DMG: 0 SPD: 7 RNG: 1 DEF: 2 HP: 49

Champion Abilities
    Stone Barrage
    Seism
    Unstoppable

Upgrade Set 1
    Supercharged 1
    Flying
    Damage Aura 2

Upgrade Set 2
    Charged Barricade
    Evasive 3
    Boulder Throw

I like the whole storm theme in SP right now (Aspect and Whirling Quarry) so I would like to see more Chaos like runes. Here is a new ability that I thought @Sokolov could take a look at for this rune:

NEW ABILITY - Dust Storm: At the beginning of your turn, a random enemy champion within 4 spaces is relocated to a random available space within 4 spaces of this champion and takes 5 physical damage.

IMAGIRL likes this.
  4. IMAGIRL

IMAGIRL Forum Royalty

Same. Love the idea behind this. 10 expansions later, I'll have an SP BG consisting entirely of weather disasters.

Pixyrus likes this.
  5. Pixyrus

Pixyrus Forum Royalty

I wanted to add a cool new ability but thats not allowed. :(

6. IMAGIRL

IMAGIRL Forum Royalty

Bear in mind that it's just for this fully made player expansions which Sok says is likely to be 2-3 expansions from now. Nothing prevents him from sneaking it in an expansion as a new rune. Put the new ability in the notes section. Who knows, something may come from this.

7. Pixyrus

Pixyrus Forum Royalty

Okay.

8. IMAGIRL

IMAGIRL Forum Royalty

Now I really want to play a SP weather bg. I'll tag my Nimbus idea from earlier as SP. We might be onto something here.

9. Pixyrus

Pixyrus Forum Royalty

Lol I already have one. Working very good right now. My post has been updated with the new ability. :)

10. IMAGIRL

IMAGIRL Forum Royalty

I meant to add it in a notes: section under the post itself. I guess that works too, but it kind of detracts from the runes overall design within the rules of this player expansion. Still love the basis tho.

11. Pixyrus

Pixyrus Forum Royalty

Okay, I fix. :p

12. IMAGIRL

IMAGIRL Forum Royalty

Also, just for clarification. Of the runes I've suggested. In order of the ones I'd most like to see.

1. Gorgon Sister -- SL/UD Champ
    2. Intoxicated Griffin -- IS Champ
    3. Eye of the Third -- UD Relic
    4. Unnamed KF Relic
    5. Solution 15 -- IS Champ
    6. Nimbus -- SP Champ
    7. Ignorant Nefari -- UD Champ
    8. Deep Elf Bard -- UD Champ
    9. Wendigo -- ST Champ
    10. Timberwolf Alpha KF/ST Champ

Extra Clarification:

1-3 I love the most.
    5. I'd be happy if the name and flavor text just gets used on something.
    6. SP Storm bg in 10 expansions or less, filled entirely of cyclones and weather events.
    7. Joke rune, but useful.
    8. Love the basis for her. Unfortunately, without a new ability It'd be very hard to get her to work right. Atm, the only thing that swaps her to the opponents control is Sleeper Agent which poses many problems. Goal would be to make an ability to reasonably deploy the rune to a position that is neither harmful or beneficial to either party. Even still, many factions have ways to deal with runes such as this. They can still just run it off a cliff too. Would be #4 for me if there no limitations on design.
    9 & 10. Casual thoughts. Nothing really important to say about them.

Last edited: Nov 24, 2015
  13. Xzablaz

Xzablaz I need me some PIE!

Deep Geyser Yeti
    Faction
    : Savage Tundra
    Race: Yeti | Class: Shaman | Size: 1x1 | Rarity: rare
    Flavor Text: "Living deep within geyser caves, these particular Yeti have absorbed Nora as an enchanted heat source." Credit: @IMAGIRL
    Nora Cost: mid
    Artwork:
    IMG_0031.JPG

8 DMG | 6 SPD | 1-3 RNG | 1 DEF | 42 HP

Basic Ability:
    Attack: Fire
    Abominable
    Resist frost 3

Upgade 1:
    Explosive Attack 2
    Flame Strike 2
    Burn 3

Upgrade 2:
    Detonate Relic
    Flame Armor
    Logistic: Range

GAIAMASTERakaNANI likes this.
  14. IMAGIRL

IMAGIRL Forum Royalty

"Living deep within geyser caves, these particular Yeti have absorbed Nora as an enchanted heat source."

Hopefully it's still inline with what you were planning.

Xzablaz likes this.
  15. Xzablaz

Xzablaz I need me some PIE!

Its sounds great! ill edited that part

16. IMAGIRL

IMAGIRL Forum Royalty

Nice Picture by the way.

Xzablaz likes this.
  17. Xirone

Xirone I need me some PIE!

I do love me some Gorgons. I think it is a cool idea, definitely, but maybe better suited for an expansion where some coding could be done to really make them shine (as is, Wolf Pack would deploy two Timberwolves and a Gorgon, but you know that). One other thing to note is that the current Timberwolves don't have any shiny activated abilities because it is essentially giving those abilities to three champions for the price of one (powercreep does happen). This would be a super fun champion to play as Timberwolves was once, before its nerf, one of my favorite champions.

Edit: Buff Timberwolves!

18. Mercer Skye

Mercer Skye I need me some PIE!

SpeedBone Runner (Think a skeleton Tumbleweed with six-eight legs)

Surprising what an apprentice can teach you. I wondered many long nights how to salvage the splintered fragments of our skeletal warriors. during one class, a pupil asked what I thought a silly question at the time; "Why not just mash them all together?" - Xulos, Undead Sage

Dmg 0
    Spd 7
    Rng 1
    Def 0
    HP 45

Abilities;

Initiative 1
    Reinforcement 1
    Death Nova: Skeletons
    Short Lived 1

Upgrade Path 1 Spike Nova 3 - Death Nova: Physical 3 - Lay Trap: Boulder 3
    Upgrade Path 2 Summon: Bone Trap - Summon Skeleton 2 - Bone Fracture

19. IMAGIRL

IMAGIRL Forum Royalty

Yeah, I've actually talked to Senshu in passing recently, and it turns out Wolf Pack is a bit of a Clusterfirk of an ability requiring some loop holes in the code to prevent issues. I'm insanely happy with the rune I've designed. Unfortunately with the new information, I've almost zero hope it'll be made. Assuming it gets reworked to be more friendly, I can see even existing runes making use of it. I.E. Crazed Warmandrils. It's have to have a more generic name tho.

20. poinl

poinl I need me some PIE!

This entirely depends on how wolf pack works. It may just summon the wolves straight up. Also would you consider majestic 1 as an alternative to shrinking scion to help her with her 2-3 range? Although you may not get all 3, sibling itself is an alternative. I like the idea overall!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.