Let's Build An Expansion Together

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Sokolov, Nov 17, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. IMAGIRL

IMAGIRL Forum Royalty

I didn't know I needed this, but now I do.

Edit: Can't get over how much I like this.

Heart likes this.
  2. darklord48

darklord48 Forum Royalty

I see you used Tainted Vinecreeper for the base. It still bothers me that Plant Regen is on there with two abilities that require sand.

Kampel likes this.
  3. themacca

themacca Master of Challenges

Name: No god damn idea
    Race: Spirit
    Description: No god damn idea,

Stats:
    Nora Cost: 69
    Damage: 9
    Speed: 5
    Range: 1-4
    Defense: 0
    HP: 38

Abilities:

Attack: Magical (2)
    Blood Bind (4)
    Dark Awakening (8)
    Blast (10)

Upgrade 1:
    Desecrated Zone 1 (-4)
    Desecrated Zone 2 (-2)
    Desecrated Zone 3 (Base)

Upgrade 2:
    Paralytic Strike (Base)
    Shadestrike (-1)
    Pain Curse (+3)

4. MogaBait

MogaBait I need me some PIE!

Name: Minotaur Crystalmaw (UD)
    Race: Minotaur
    Description: Minotaurs are not intrinsic to Poxanthru, rather they navigate between alternate dimensional planes using the citadel of Cretios as their primary inter-dimensional hub. Crystalmaws originate from a parallel in which demons are born from frost as opposed to ash, bringing with them the illusory magic and savage tactics adapted from observing the denizens of the tundra.

Stats:
    Nora Cost: 73
    Damage: 10
    Speed: 6
    Range: 1
    Defense: 2
    HP: 50

Abilities:

Attack: Frost (2 Nora)
    Portal Dancer (5)
    Mirror Swap (6)
    Projection (6)

Upgrade 1:
    Call of the Hunter (Base)
    Declare Target (+4)

Upgrade 2:
    Enveloping Mist (Base)
    Mirrored (+6)
    Crystallize (-1)

Notes on Design: Coming Soon. Quickly Jotted Notes: The basic kit idea fulfills a font harassment role that exploits minotaur's natural strength in relocation while introducing alternate damage and an illusion source to the theme. Illusions are particularly useful for dropping dimension doors deeper in enemy territory (not sure if WAI...) as well as for knockback tricks with blast doors (though I might be the only Mino player who uses this spell). Upgrade path 1 is meant to present options for closing the gap at the level of a skirmish (just a few champs, i.e. stall font long enough then quickly bring in back-up units). Upgrade path 2 splits between champ-centric anti-range (which minotaurs currently lack) or options to further the champ's harassment/survival capabilities. Like most minotaurs, this champion can easily synergize with multiple other minotaurs but is also a strong stand-alone champ in 1v1 situations (mirror swap allows for gap closing and triggering of portal dancer without crutching on doors). Limited supply of illusions means choosing between being able to heal or being able to sufficiently relocate without using doors.

Do what you like with the stat-line, which I copied from battlemage as a placeholder. Projection could be replaced with mirror blade, different subtleties are introduced depending on which is used.

Can expound on how the description may be linked to current flavor text if needed.

Last edited: Jan 5, 2016
    IMAGIRL and poinl like this.
  5. Agirgis1

Agirgis1 Forum Royalty

Name: Greater GreaterPitspawn
    Race: Demon
    Description: Greatness has no limits.

GPS3.png

Ever since this post was created 2 months ago I've been working tirelessly day and night to design this rune just right.

You guys are never gonna guess what i have planned for the Expansion after this one.

IMAGIRL, Kampel, Bellagion and 4 others like this.
  6. IMAGIRL

IMAGIRL Forum Royalty

We already have a Baby Slag. The little pile of cuteness that's close to our hearts. Now, we need the odd uncle of the family. The one who your not sure is all there mentally, but tries to participate.

Flavor Text: "SLAAAARRRRG!" "Slag." "Swag?" "SLAG!" Conversation between Baby Slag, Oozeking Slag, and this rune.

Insert Slag Name Here
    Size: Small, Race: Slag

7. Sealer0

Sealer0 I need me some PIE!

Baby swag

8. IMAGIRL

IMAGIRL Forum Royalty

Should be a Sepia reskin of Baby Slag.

9. IMAGIRL

IMAGIRL Forum Royalty

Mirror Golem
    Race: Construct, Size: Small, Rarity: ?

Stats 10/5/1/0/40

Abilities:

Adept Arcanist
    Adaptation
    Mirrored
    Mimic Defense

UP 1
    Statue Form

UP 2
    Stat Bonus: Health 1/2/3

Basically the enemy literally fight's itself. I had plans to throw a bunch of Acolytes on him, but Acid would just be a Sandbag, and Fire/Frost/Magic/Storm Acolytes would see use, but not in the way I imagine it should. Wanted them to key off of Mirrored so say a Fire attack hits him. It'd be reduced, and sent back. Meaning Acolyte would trigger twice giving him +4 hp. So he'd be exceptionally tanky to alternative dmg types. But someone just running up with physical damage would "shatter the mirror." XD Anyway, it's an idea to toy with. Doesn't necessary have to go in IS or be a Golem. A "mirror/shadow" enemy was the idea.

Might have to move this over to the Rune Suggestion forum and make a new ability that'll trigger Acolyte universally so he's not boggled down. In anycase he's pretty damn tanky as he is right now. Honestly think making him a it Construct would be a bad choice as it would give him access to the Construct synergy that he really shouldn't have access to.

10. kalasle

kalasle Forum Royalty

Buddha brought the ability up in another thread -- a Worm with Paralyzed. It's the perfect match: it can't move, but you get much broader deployment choices. Probably would be OP, though, once you reach a font.

doubtofbuddha likes this.
  11. doubtofbuddha

doubtofbuddha I need me some PIE!

A plague Jellebrium that swarms further other strange, twisted jellebrium. So the swarm ability, though if this was not a no new abilities expansion, I could see this producing some sort of strange specific jellyfish abomination.

Since it is plague-focused it would have some disease focused abilities, intertwined with psychic as I see this as a bit of a psychic plague.

So something like attack: psychic and attack: disease (since it is free and makes thematic sense), disease aura, rabid, and the like.

I figure it would be either melee or short ranged melee depending on how the cost breaks down.

This could end up being the start of an entire line of runes in FS, as more and more jellebrium and eventually firk and other types of psychics get infected with this contagion. So you would have runes with psychic contagion synergy that also can fit into firk, jellebrium, or whatever.

12. Sokolov

Sokolov The One True Cactuar Octopi

Is this your art work? Or did you find it?

13. doubtofbuddha

doubtofbuddha I need me some PIE!

Jellebrium Plaguebringer
    In ending the Plague of Ba'lah, the Jellebrium unleashed a new horror.
    Race: Jellebrium, Mutant
    Class: Wizard

11 DMG
    6 SPD
    1 RNG
    1 DEF
    41 HP

(~39 points)

Semi-Aquatic
    Attack: Psychic
    Attack: Disease
    Swarm

(28 points)

UP 1: Disease Aura 2 (4 points) (Default), Rabid 1 (3 points), Damage Shield: Disease 3 (3 points)
    UP 2: Jellebrium Mind (6 points), Disease Eater (6 points), Deep Wounds (8 points) (Default)

Total Points: 76 - 79 points

So basically the main builds would be a Jellebrium build (with Jellebrium Mind), a disease build for splits or with further plagued FS units, and Deep Wounds for more general builds.

Last edited: Jan 11, 2016
  14. Heart

Heart I need me some PIE!

15. Sokolov

Sokolov The One True Cactuar Octopi

Ah ok, well, if it was your's then I was going to suggest we can actually use it maybe, but since it isn't, nevermind :D

16. Heart

Heart I need me some PIE!

If I had done it I'd been completely okay with that, sadly, I can barely draw stick figures. Afraid I'll be no use .XD

Lushiris likes this.
  17. Makorov

Makorov I need me some PIE!

Diamond Duster

Art

A squinting witch riding a broomstick is charging downwards through the air from an extremely high altitude as Diamond Dust (Google it) trails behind her from a feather duster, which she holds in front of her, that glows a blueish white.

Lore
    The young Jakei gasped in a much too excited manner as she screamed "A shooting star!"

"That is not a shooting star, little one. That is a Diamond Duster. She is harvesting the icy power located high in the sky."

The little one was quiet for a moment.

"If she wants power that's as powerful as frost power, why doesn't she get her power from here?"

Bursting into jolly laughter, the elder Jakei boomed "I don't think she'd enjoy our company!"

Stats
    Nora Cost: ?
    Attack: 9
    Speed: 7
    Range: 1
    Defense: 0
    Health: 45

Abilities
    Attack: Frost
    Frost Mallet
    Frost Nova
    Arctic Flight

Upgrade 1
    Enervating Touch
    Frost Attack
    Hinder Movement

Upgrade 2
    Iceguard
    Catalyst: Frost
    Freezing Aura

Last edited: Jan 13, 2016
  18. IMAGIRL

IMAGIRL Forum Royalty

Rune Idea: Ninja Turtles

19. Woffleet

Woffleet I need me some PIE!

fw champion
    devour life
    death charged 3
    eternal storm

20. skarpox

skarpox The King of Potatoes

Faction: K'Thir
    Races: Elf
    Classes: Wizard
    Rarity: Common

Roll: Support/Utility
    Nora Cost 56-63

Base Stats (26 nora from Terraformer base stats)
    Da: 0, Sp: 6, Ra: 1, De: 0, He: 48

Base Abilities
    - Shatter (6 nora)
    - Cleanse (5 nora)
    - Declare Target (10 nora)

First Ability Line
    - Grant Flight (2 nora)
    - Grant Rage Potion (6 nora)
    - Grant Healing Potion (6 nora)

Second Ability Line
    - Regeneration 3 (7 nora)
    - Magic Acolyte (10 nora)