Let's Build An Expansion Together

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Sokolov, Nov 17, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. kalasle

kalasle Forum Royalty

Are the Assignment tabs ok being visible?

2. Sokolov

Sokolov The One True Cactuar Octopi

Yea, there's nothing there you guys don't know about? It's just artist's names really.

3. kalasle

kalasle Forum Royalty

Ok didn't really think there was any need to hide them, but sometimes devs want to keep business planning stuff less public.

4. Capitulator

Capitulator I need me some PIE!

Life's good :)

5. doubtofbuddha

doubtofbuddha I need me some PIE!

Where did you see that?

6. Capitulator

Two tables are on the page Sok linked to. Scroll down for the second one.

Admittedly, it doesn't quite fit what's been filled in above. Still, looks like plants are on the menu (pun intended) at some point.

7. doubtofbuddha

FW/FS Zombie Trolls? Wat? I mean trolls aren't even an FS theme.

Also a Plant seems kind of... pointless? I means unless the groundwork is being laid for Plants being a real FS theme, or if it is going to be a meta piece. Plants are mostly ignored junk right now.

8. Capitulator

Plants is pretty close to being a real theme. I'm doing fine with them.

They've got access to Commander, Surge, good healing with Plant Regen and Nature's Connections. Mostly squishy ranged units but with Shroud and Nexus Aura that isn't too bad, and they've got a good bit of relocation with Pull, Dragging Attack to go with Undertow.

9. doubtofbuddha

You have 7 champs, and two non-plant support champs, with 2 of them requiring water. That is kind of glancing at a theme, you would probably need about twicce that number of runes to be able to do anything real with them.

Last edited: Jan 21, 2016
  10. Capitulator

I consider Botanist to be in-theme thanks to Nature's Connections, and flavour text. So I run it.

What do you mean by "anything real with them"? Obviously it'd be nice to have greater variety of champions to choose from, but the selection that's there makes a usable BG with a fair amount of synergy and their own playstyle that can be made to work with the right selection of spells/equips/relics. Is it that they lack a signature ability other than Plant Regeneration? Other than that I don't see them as being in any different a spot than, say, Jellebrium. An almost-theme.

11. doubtofbuddha

Actually, we are kind of detracting from the overall point of the thread. If you want to continue this discussion further, feel free to start a thread in General or the FS forums.

12. kalasle

kalasle Forum Royalty

Blood Husk
    FW/UD
    Undead, Demon

Erimalion gets fed up with Votaev, who takes too long to bring demons back. He hates the undead (you know, just because -- Erimalion is the kind of thing to hate for its own sake), but turns to the necromancers to expedite the process. "Damn their bodies, get them back in the fight!"

~56-65

DMG 12 +4
    SPD 4 -16
    RNG 1 +2
    DEF 0
    HP 54 +44

Blood Bond 2 +6
    Blood Fueled +5
    Reinforcement 2 +8

Attack Physical +2
    Berserk Attack 2 +1

Exertion 2 +2 (or Rampage +9, or Aggressive +5, or Render +5)
    Perseverance +8

Just a rough sketch of the abilities. It has no way to heal, and doesn't gain AP at the start of its turns. Those are pretty big downsides. On the up side, it costs very little nora, and potentially generates massive amounts of AP. Perseverance both makes it fit more neatly into UD (Sac setups) as well as comboing with Blood Fueled: if the champion drops below 8 HP, it can pop Fuel and trigger its own Perseverance to stay alive. Blood Bond seemed a perfect fit for this kind of champion, and for something in FW. Compared to Blood Fiend, it's more fragile, but also doesn't have Careless; maybe lacking Careless is too scary, because it could stock up to 8, and then rocket across the map, before Fueling again for more AP. Sure would be stylish, though! Consider this a refined version of my earlier ideas for another Blood Fueled champ.

13. IMAGIRL

IMAGIRL Forum Royalty

A champ with no Basic Attack. Just Berserk Attack, and Vulnerable.

14. themacca

themacca Master of Challenges

Soooo, it dies in 1 hit after attacking?

15. gamengamenut

gamengamenut I need me some PIE!

pretty much, but i guess his damage is fabulous

IMAGIRL likes this.
  16. Kampel

Kampel I need me some PIE!

Enigma Core (SL Relic)
    HP: high, about 30
    Nora: Low, it does no damage so even at low cost it might not be considered OP but still efficient.

Enigma Shield
    Repulsion
    Empathy

It's a SL contesting relic so it's HP should be good, about 30. It does no damage, its purely to keep a font from ranged assaults and a bit of suppor from Empathy.

Edit: It directly competes with Clutch of Vindrax, the both heal 2hp AoE, but they have different uses

Last edited: Jan 23, 2016
  17. Alakhami

Alakhami I need me some PIE!

20hp should be fine for such relic, and it probably should lose empathy.

18. themacca

Death's Lantern
    Equipment
    Description: It is said that death holds the souls of the newly departed in it's Lantern. There they face torment in limbo until they pass on to the afterlife.
    Rarity: Uncommon
    Nora Cost: 35
    Faction: Forsaken Wastes
    Effects: Equipped champion gains assimilate. at the start of the owners next turn equipped champion also gains Soul Collection

19. gamengamenut

gamengamenut I need me some PIE!

Thresh From league WOOT

20. themacca

Phylactery

Relic
    Common
    When a unit with Eternal Life is killed this relic is destroyed and it is reanimated in place of this relic.
    10 HP
    0 Defense
    25 nora.

Give more liches reanimation/vengeful stuff and get rid of all the shitty and boring surge: lich attempts at a racial.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.