Let's Build An Expansion Together

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Sokolov, Nov 17, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Lushiris

Lushiris I need me some PIE!

My honest take on it is that you just want it to do too many things, while its base abilities already make it pretty unique. You still are suggesting high tier abilities, and given all the game has to offer I think that such approach makes champions too powerful and ultimately bland, but that's my opinion. This guy could have Magic Resistance, Charm, Heal Self, Gore(yes the forgotten condition), Solidify, Inspire, Bastion of Will/Courage, Noble Sacrifice and so on. I do feel these to make sense with the flavor you intended for it.

I know they're not the most desirable abilities, but given how strong it already is with its stats and base abilities, I'd prefer seeing something leaning towards a bruiser support than just another ultra-hard-to-take-down nerf candidate. But again, I doubt many people agree with my opinions about runes.

IMAGIRL likes this.
  2. IMAGIRL

IMAGIRL Forum Royalty

Just for the record. I support anything that spreads Gore around. It's not forgotten in my book.

3. themacca

themacca Master of Challenges

Tomb Spirit

FW
    Exotic
    Spirit/Undead
    Image: basically a spirit of the same shape that inhabited the unholy tomb in it's art.

Stats:
    Nora Cost: 72
    Damage: 9
    Range: 3-4
    Speed: 6
    Defense: 0
    HP: 41

Attack: Poison (0)
    Unholy Tomb (20 nora)
    Impatient (-8)

Upgrade 1
    Ethereal (default)
    Phase shift (+6)
    Vaporize (+7)

Upgrade 2
    Soultap (-1)
    Soulchanneling (default)
    Soul Harvest 1 (+7)

I recently thought of this and thought it was actually a really neat idea. i know nobody likes the idea of more dealings with unholy tomb but it's not like the relic where you just deploy it at your shrine and it just works for the rest of the game. in this case it's a champion that you need to get into combat which prevents the whole sitting back and being efficient thing that makes UT so good. but the mass amount of nora it can produce makes it highly efficient and could be a great option as a champion.

Last edited: Feb 7, 2016
    Tweek516 and IMAGIRL like this.
  4. kagebunshn

kagebunshn I need me some PIE!

The base stats are ~53 nora.
    Attack: magical (2)
    Impenetrable(4)
    Shielded (6...did this go to 4?)
    Precision (4)

Charge 3(5)
    Phantom Dash (6)
    Teleport 1 (6)

Illuminate (6)
    Dispelling blows (8)
    Void Touch (8)
    Healing breath (10)

So yeah, about 80-85 nora, plus a couple more for a positive modifier. Although some of the values look off. Poxbase is acting weird lately, and I am pretty sure some of these abilities have been adjusted down(shielding, illuminate?).

In comparison, voidraker seems underpriced.
    Attack: magical (2)
    Unstoppable (3)
    Void shield (6)
    Void touch (8)
    Flight (6)
    Solidify (2)
    27 points in abilities.
    So its paying only 43 nora for some pretty awesome base stats. I smell a manual adjustment.

For what Xirone is suggesting, 76-80 feels pretty good, more than that probably hedges it out of playability.

5. IMAGIRL

IMAGIRL Forum Royalty

I like the concept. The nora income could even be toned down with Mercenary if necessary.

6. themacca

Would make it like 60 nora though. dont think it can go too cheap

7. IMAGIRL

IMAGIRL Forum Royalty

It was more of a passive comment about the future, rather than a one of your design.

8. kagebunshn

If we rename it 'Minotaur Unicorn' would it seem more normal to have high damage, good defenses, and relocation abilities? We would need to up its damage to about 15 and reduce its nora cost to around 70 though...Those are basically -the- criteria that nearly all melee units are measured by.

IMO 12 damage is more like 'par for any melee viable champ' than it is high. KF does have good healing, and lots of defensive stuff. But they also have very low hp to nora ratios. For example: wisp and quillback.

as it currently is built in Xirone's post, what do you think its nora cost should be? You can go with the 'true' cost, or the cost you think makes it playable but not 'too good'.

9. Bellagion

Bellagion I need me some PIE!

Ethereal would be a negative ability in conjunction with Impatient. On the turns that it procs it loses 5 life guaranteed.

10. Lushiris

Voidraker doesn't have Impenetrable, Purified, or Warding/Shielded. Void Touch makes her a target, and the fact that UD doesn't have much healing makes Void Shield ok on her.

11. Markoth

Markoth Lord Inquisitor

I actually agree that Impenetrable should never be on a Void Shield champ. Dispel is one of its only counters and there are not very many spell based dispels.

12. themacca

im aware of this. for all accounts and purposes ethereal is meant to be a negative anyways

13. Lushiris

Then remove the damage immunity/resistance + Flight, just make the champions unable to attack every other round - THAT'S a real negative ability.

14. themacca

no

15. kagebunshn

You quoted my post that includes voidrakers abilities...and responded by pointing out abilities she doesn't have. the first section of that post is a breakdown of the unicorn's cost, thenIcompare to voidraker below that. Was it tl/dr?

I did the math for ya Lushie. Then I asked you what you think the appropriate cost should be.

16. Lushiris

The main problem is that you're not replying to me, so I might have missed your post.

And I'm pretty sure I answered properly. But if you missed it I'll repeat: it's not just about numbers, a tank in UD is totally different from a tank in KF, basically because of access to healing. There's a reason Prot Faction don't have many/good champions with Void Shield, they would basically steamroll things if they get all Prot buffs/healing focused on them. A Void Shield champion isn't a great idea because KF has several means of protecting such champion.

The bottomline is, Wrath gets better tanks because they have less healing/whatever mechanics to avoid death, while Prot does it through spells/other mechanics. So no, I don't want to see Escape Magic on this Unicorn after it gets 50% resist on everything, just to be healed by massive Blooms.

EDIT: But there's more: Void Touch. KF now has a lot of AP gen, not to mention its bonus. So much that if you have a Fulcrum and De'lim you can move a 7 speeder 12 spaces with full AP(5+3+4) and double tap. Void Touch changes a champion in the sense that its basic attack becomes extremely valuable, as you'll want to trigger Void Touch whenever possible, because it shuts down almost all champions. UD needs to do quite a lot to generate much less AP, so it's a whole different deal with Voidraker. Don't forget KF also has Horn, Bard and Time Slip, so there are many case scenarios where Void Touch would simply be broken in the faction.

Last edited: Feb 7, 2016
  17. kagebunshn

I think your argument merits consideration, i just disagree with your assessment.

Void touch is not signifigantly better than abilities KF already has access to. Lets not debate the relative values between champs and equips, cuz i think we both know the differences. But consider that Crown of Petals has been buffed for about a year now and it barely earns a 1x spot in full faerie bgs. It has very similar effect to 2x hits with void touch plus grants Pariah, and stops the enemy from using positive equips. Can't even shatter it without a AE spell. On top of that, you can instead give one of your dudes regal presence and impenetrable. Its balanced in the fact that it is limited to a pretty specific theme. A few folks still run it to counter superchamps. Years ago Shimmering flower used to be an autoinclude for it's effect, but it barely gets used now. It is pretty common for one or both champ upgrades to be generic cost choices like detect, regen, resist:xx, etc.

Xirone already took void shield off the pony, but i still think it's not a problem in a general sense. On top of shield/impen, I agree its too much. But its not so much better than One With Nora and we have a few champs to chose with that atm...they are decent runes but far from OP.

Last edited: Feb 8, 2016
  18. Cydna

Cydna Forum Royalty

One with Nora is dispellable so Void Shield/Impenetrable would be better.

19. kagebunshn

Is One with Nora dispellable on a Wisp with a Crown of petals, dreamstate buff, or premonition?

Cydna, thanks for agreeing with me. Its refreshing.

20. Cydna

Cydna Forum Royalty

Yes because I can shatter it. Nice try mate.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.