Let's Build An Expansion Together

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Sokolov, Nov 17, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Tweek516

Tweek516 I need me some PIE!

Not offering any comments on the unicorn, but crown of petals is freaking amazing in fairies - definitely 1x and maybe 2x.

Oh, and imo flower is still 1x auto in all bgs.

2. Markoth

Markoth Lord Inquisitor

Brewmaster has Void Shield.

3. Lushiris

Lushiris I need me some PIE!

But he doesn't have 12 base damage. There's a difference between needing to build up and having a strong champion right from deploy.

4. kagebunshn

kagebunshn I need me some PIE!

In 2 out of the 3 examples i mentioned...you are wrong.

One with nora+impenetrable can be dispelled with dispelling blows or an area dispel. wisp+Crown can only be shattered by swordbreaker or by spells.

it's not really the right forum for it, but we should ask Sok to change void shield to function exactly like scale armor(its the magic version).

5. themacca

themacca Master of Challenges

Cockatrice
    SL
    Image:
    [​IMG]
    Description: A cockatrice is an ungodly beast. Its ghastly breath petrifies, it's stare deadly and it's talons are sharp. Approach these horrible beasts with extreme caution or a death wish.

Stats:

Nora Cost: 71-81
    Damage 12
    Speed: 6
    Range: 1
    Defense: 2
    HP: 49

Attack: Physical (2)
    Petrifying Gaze (10)
    Flight (7)
    Vulnerability: Fire (-4)

Upgrade 1:
    Swoop (Default)
    Render (-2)
    Deep Wounds (+1)

Upgrade 2:
    Sonic Roar (default)
    Howling Attack (+3)
    Triumphal Roar (+7)

Tweek516, IMAGIRL, Markoth and 3 others like this.
  6. Xirone

Xirone I need me some PIE!

Add it now, Sok.

7. kagebunshn

Love the flavor....hate the OP-ness.

VERY high damage, high base stats, very strong CC, strong AE ability, What could possibly go wrong?

In DnD cockatrices were flightless and look more like skinless chickens. Their petrifying peck was universaly feared, but their bodies were fragile and weak.

8. doubtofbuddha

doubtofbuddha I need me some PIE!

12 is VERY high damage? In what game?

9. kagebunshn

In the game where it has Deep Wounds.

10. Cydna

Cydna Forum Royalty

It can't have deep wounds and Trimumphal Roar. But I agree that it shouldn't have access to Triumphal Roar unless it's like 90 nora.

11. Lushiris

Lushiris I need me some PIE!

No to Deep Wounds, Render, Sonic Roar and Triumphal Roar. I just said this, you guys want champions that do too many things, tank AND deal damage. Let's go slowly:

Deep Wounds is a big no in the faction with Quicken and Transfusion, they'd make one-rounding anything incredibly obnoxious; Render should not be on a champion with high base damage(Yea I don't like it on the Mino either), that makes very little sense and just makes the guy efficient instead of bringing flavor; Sonic Roar is a bad idea IMO as you already have Petrifying Gaze, and that's more than enough of a debuff; Triumphal roar should stay on Dugon, that's it. Nobody wants 12 damage AoE's flying around. And seriously, have you ever seen ANY BIRD roar?

To be honest, I don't like more Petrifying Gaze in SL(or in Pox), I foresee nasty BGs people would NOT like to play against. However, it is flavorful so I guess it has to stay.

And the Vuln makes no sense, it seems to be there only to make the guy efficient.

So my suggestion would be:

-2 DMG, -2 DEF,+1 SPD, +3 HPs(Ice Dragon's stats); (stats' cost: 52 nora)

Base:
    Physical atk(2)
    Sundered Exploit(7)
    Running Start(3)(I wonder if it triggers with Swoop)
    Reckless(-4)( hope you see my point here, I kinda liked it)

(base cost: 60)

U1:
    Swoop(7, DEFAULT)
    Petrifying Gaze(10) (I know having this on upgrade kind of hurts the flavor , but I seriously don't like this ability so bear with me)
    Initiative 2(8)

U2:
    Conqueror(5, DEFAULT)
    Render(5)
    Aerial Supremacy(6)

Total: 72-76(default 72)

Despite the fact that I reduced its damage, I made its U2 more offensive, giving it stats so it doesn't die so easily, given Reckless will probably trigger a lot. This guy is supposed to kill a lot before going down, so I don't mind a high damage output, and given it's quite fast. And notice I left Render there, now that it's more squishy I guess it can't be that bad.

I actually don't like this design, it is even more efficient than yours, but I realized that people don't like conservative ideas so I just focused on something less tanky.

Kampel likes this.
  12. themacca

themacca Master of Challenges

Actually in every representation of a cockatrice i've seen in a video game they've been weak to fire so thats where that comes from.

I can see the deep wounds/roar combo being too strong i'll grant that.

13. Cydna

Cydna Forum Royalty

Just for the record, Triumphal Roar is on Drakon too.

14. IMAGIRL

IMAGIRL Forum Royalty

@Cydna New rune idea.

Voil Infiltrator
    Art: Looks like an Elf with massive ears.

He's like a Ditto. He can transform himself into anything, but there's always something a little off. In this case. It's his ears.

Tweek516 likes this.
  15. Cydna

Cydna Forum Royalty

Give it Running Start and Adapation.

16. Tweek516

Tweek516 I need me some PIE!

So Elven mage?

17. IMAGIRL

IMAGIRL Forum Royalty

Yup.

18. kagebunshn

image.jpeg
    (Pic isn't mine, so creds to whoever the artist is! Looks like a great representation of what i had in mind)

Ospryan Aileron
    Faction: KF
    Race: Beast
    Class: Ranger
    Rarity: rare
    Nora cost: 70-79

Damage: 10
    Spd: 6
    Rng: 1-2
    Defense: 2
    Hp: 52

Base Abilities:
    Attack: Spear (2)
    Flight (6)
    Provision: Offense (4)

Path 1 - initiative 1 (5), 2 (8)
    Path 2 - reflexes 1 (3), 2 (6), 3 (9)

Role- non-squishy beater with synergy in beast or rangers. He has average base damage that goes to good when equipped. He gets to the fight fast, but would be fine as a first turn deploy. I specifically had hunter's charm in mind when I designed him.

Notes- Aileron is a much less commonly used word that means 'wing'. I think it fits pretty well.
    I gave him Init rather than Reinforcments because it is more versatile while reinforcments crams him into a single narrow theme.

*edited -already decided it was too much. Toned down to be less efficient.

Last edited: Feb 10, 2016
  19. tesla pasta

tesla pasta Member

Antbear Shepherd

Small Best Mutant, Class Shaman, SL

Damage: 8 / Spd: 6 / Rng: 1-3 / Def: 1 / Hp: 54

Attack: Sonic
    Consume
    Absorb
    Beast Herder

U1: Vindictive, Guarded:Beast
    U2: Relocate: Ally, Drive

Utility champion to improve beast synergy in SL. Also we need more antbears.

20. Makorov

Makorov I need me some PIE!

FS Relic

Art
    Pink blossoms lay trampled in the earthy colors of the swamp.

Text
    Taking a moment to breathe in the beauty of the world can purge your soul of all ailments, yet it also reminds one that it will all be lost to them in death.

Abilities
    This relic has Cleansing Luminescence and Depression

Cherry blossoms, which have a very short lifespan, serve as a reminder in Japan that life is almost overwhelmingly beautiful but also tragically short.
    Thought the swamp could represent that ideal well.

Last edited: Feb 16, 2016
    IMAGIRL likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.