Let's Build An Expansion Together

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Sokolov, Nov 17, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Xirone

Xirone I need me some PIE!

It is a small thing but maybe the flavortext for Arrow Saint (IS/KF) could be changed from:

"She has arrived in time, just as promised! Our archers have surely received a great boon this day! -L'ilim, Archer Trainer

to

"She has arrived in time, just as those dwarves promised! Our archers have surely received a great boon this day! -L'ilim, Archer Trainer

This change gives the flavortext a little more for IS.

2. potatonuts

potatonuts I need me some PIE!

Name: Zomballista
    Faction: FW
    1x1 champion

'I don't know why i didn't think of this sooner!' - Head Flesh Sculptor Guildenstern

appearance: A zombie which appears heavily burdened by a huge ballista which has been grafted onto it's back.

Race: Zombie, Construct
    Class : Archer

D:15
    S:6
    R:5-8
    Def: 0
    HP: 44

Base
    Attack: Spear
    Lumbering
    Impaling Strike
    Ponderous

U1
    Sunder
    Deep Wounds
    Strike

U2
    Pin Down
    Knockback
    Zombie Apocalypse

Name: Armored Corpse
    2x2 Champion

'Stitch on more biceps! He must be strong!'

Appearance: A hulking flesh golem which has been heavily armored wielding a huge shield and sword

Class: Warrior

D: 12
    S: 5
    R:1-2
    Def:3
    HP 55

Base

Attack : Physical
    Ponderous
    Slothful
    Scale Armour
    Zombie Apocalypse
    Block

U1
    D.Aura 2
    Rabid 2
    D.Shield 2

U2
    Hold the Line
    Absorb

Name: Trained Zombie
    1x1 Champion

'It may look like we havn't made any progress but it took a year for them to learn which end of the spear to point at the enemy'

Appearance : A zombie wearing basic leather armour and carrying a spear or pike

Race: Zombie
    Class : warrior

D: 10
    S: 5
    R 1-2
    Def 1
    HP 50

Base
    Attack Physical
    Zombie Apocalypse
    Aggressive

U1
    Rabid 1/2/3

U2
    Lethargic

Name: Fleshseeker
    1x1 champion

'I'd have liked them to be a little more proactive but once they get going it's actually quite hard to stop them'

Appearance : A physically imposing zombie with various scopes and lenses grafted onto it's head

Class: Brute

D: 10
    S: 0
    R: 1
    D: 1
    HP: 45

Base
    Attack: Physical
    Detection
    Motion Sensor
    Manic

U1
    Rabid 2
    Zombie Apocalypse

U2
    Declare Target
    Black Death

Name : The Insatiable Urge
    Faction : FW
    Spell

40 nora

All Zombies gain Manic and Impatient for one turn

I've got a few more but I'll post them up at a later time

Last edited: May 24, 2016
    Hekau718 and TeaScholar like this.
  3. Tweek516

Tweek516 I need me some PIE!

If the rune contains a completely new ability, this is not the place for it.

Xirone likes this.
  4. potatonuts

I explained in my post that i was leaving them in with the idea that they could be altered for the same effect with pre-existing abilities. Felt like a shame to 'gut' my concepts without even leaving the original idea in.

5. Tweek516

If they have new abilities just dont post them here. Post them in the rune suggestions - they pribably wot be read here.

If you want sok to implement your ideas, just say your ideas here - you dont have to suggest a fully designed champ :)

6. potatonuts

Seems to me like you are just making a fuss over nothing. I'll edit the post for the sake of simplicity but I don't see how 2 lines of text would have caused a problem.

7. Markoth

Markoth Lord Inquisitor

Rules on the first page say no new abilities. I had to rework one of my ideas becausof it.

8. potatonuts

Yeah i did rework them but just left a few lines explaining what i was trying to get at with the unique abilities. Not trying to argue the rules.

9. xezno

xezno I need me some PIE!

[​IMG]

Name: Janna of the Shadows

Faction: ST

Race: Lonx

Class: Rogue

Size: Small

Flavor-text: “I attack as a bolt of lightning. The thunder is simply the thud of your companion’s corpse.”

DMG: 9

SPD: 7

RNG: 1

HP: 42

Attack: Electric

Electricity Aura 1

Ambush

Shadowstrike

10. IMAGIRL

IMAGIRL Forum Royalty

From

Edit: Should be mentioned that this is an equip. I don't know if it fits the equipment rules as the explanation confused me.

Last edited: May 25, 2016
  11. IMAGIRL

IMAGIRL Forum Royalty

From
    From

Edit: Should be mentioned that these are equips. I don't know if these fit the equipment rules as the explanation confused me.

Just realized Gungnir's Hallowed Ground Aura is new code. My bad.

Last edited: Jun 11, 2016
    Lushiris likes this.
  12. Lushiris

Lushiris I need me some PIE!

@Sokolov , I do enjoy that the ST runes are Frostwing(meaning they might become a solid theme), but the fact that it's just more physical damage annoys me to no end. Right now, the only Flying Jakei with alt damage is Cleric, and her base damage is 7. So this theme will never be ran while dropping a ghost or Earthshaker bracelet keeps meaning auto loss.

13. Tweek516

Its just because otherwise everyone will post all their ideas in here, and this will become the new rune ideas thread. Nothing against you :)

14. Lushiris

Lushiris I need me some PIE!

To be honest I was going to point that out yesterday but forgot lol. It's like tweek said, nothing against you man, it's just the thread's rules.

However, although I just said that, you can kind of suggest something "new", as long as it's based on something that already exists. For example, you could come up with a champion with Life Siphon: Shocked based on Myx Mindwarp's Life Siphon: Scoured. This "no new abilities" thing is all about reducing the effort needed to make new abilities, icons, animations, etc. If you base such idea on an ability that already has everything nearly done I'm sure Sok may at least consider it.

15. Sirius

Sirius I need me some PIE!

Oh my god! I'm so glad my suggestion is being considered, it'd be really awesome to have that "Basilisk Charger" as a champion :D.

----

I haven't made other suggestions yet because I've been lazy/tired, but I'm gonna throw a few more now to get them out of my head.
    (Disclaimer: my ideas tend to be focused more on the mechanical aspect and less on the flavor aspect, though I occasionally consider that as well.)

1) Arroyo Veilmage

I've already posted this one in a separate thread, as a thought/experiment. But it seems like it might be fun to play, so I'm posting it here as an actual suggestion. Might be tough to balance though, I'm honestly not sure.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

2) Rolling Stones

I could swear I've seen a similar idea at some point in this thread, but there are way too many pages to check through. Anyway, I love the idea and my apologies to whoever posted it first, if that has happened.

This reminds me of Junkrat's car tire ultimate from Overwatch. But in this case the relic's role is moreso zoning/breaking formation/contesting from afar.
    Instead of Tremor, I've also considered Sweep, Tectonic Pulse and Destabilizing Luminescence, but I think Tremor works the best.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

3) Infernal Siphon (name needs work)

This one is at the SAME time a new rune suggestion and -to a degree- a fix suggestion for Voil Infernal (by which it was inspired). I wanted a form of healer for UD and I think the concept of 'unit that moves around transferring life on the battlefield' fits UD more than SP. It's not like UD can't have healing flavor wise, but it should be based on cruelty, sacrifice and being in the middle of things.

I think Voil Infernal should have been UD. Because of what Voil Infernal is (despite being a different faction), this works a bit as a fix suggestion for him as well, though in his case I'd change things somewhat (Leech Vitality with 9 damage outside of UD bonus is meh).

Anyway, the idea is simple: Conduit: HP and general life transferring abilities on base; global or group attacking based healing in U1 (Divine Favor probably shouldn't be there); and HP recovery for itself in U2, based on being in the middle of things.

Last edited: May 31, 2016
  16. badgerale

badgerale Warchief of Wrath

This one is great. I think it would need more hitpoints though - 30 at least - or a low nora cost.

IMAGIRL likes this.
  17. IMAGIRL

IMAGIRL Forum Royalty

I was joking around with @Leadrz early about a Manic Depressive Necromancer with no control over his powers, and ended up making it.

Name (Something Something)
    Art: Tell the artist "Manic Depressive Necromancer with no control of his powers" and see what they come up with.
    Stats: 8/5/2-4/1/44

Abilities
    Attack: Magical
    Manic
    Depression
    Gravebind

UP1
    Death Pact
    Afflict
    Multi-Attack (Or similar self AP generation)

UP2
    Drain
    Magic Acolyte
    Life Siphon

I'm not sure if Manic + Ranged works. The general idea is there for use.

Last edited: Jun 3, 2016
  18. Leadrz

Leadrz I need me some PIE!

does work

19. IMAGIRL

IMAGIRL Forum Royalty

Champ Idea

Name: Hoarfrost Scorpion (FW) Bring back the FW/ST Hoarfrost Split.
    Art: A scorpion whos body is partly rotten. It's Stinger, and one of it's claws are Crystallized while it's other claw is rotten and seeping green goop.
    Flavor: No one knows how these creatures left their natural habitat, or what lead to them becoming Hoarfrost, but everyone knows to keep well enough away.
    Race: Skeleton, Elemental, Arthropod

Stats: 7/6/1/2/42

Attack Frost
    Sting
    Crystalize

Up 1
    ?
    ?
    ?

UP 2
    Stat Bonus Defense 1
    Stat Bonus Defense 2
    Tough 1

Ideally fitting into the Hoarfrost Theme as a Disruptive Tank. Not sure what to add to UP 1.

Last edited: Jun 3, 2016
  20. IMAGIRL

IMAGIRL Forum Royalty

Champ Idea.

Name: Myx Mirage.

It's a Myx that uses Illusions.

@Xirone Got any ideas how this might look/work?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.