Let's Build An Expansion Together

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Sokolov, Nov 17, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. themacca

themacca Master of Challenges

Bodysnatcher
    These twisted souls are only able to inhabit our plane of existance for but a short time. Once there time is up they will quickly jump into the nearest host in an attempt to extend their life in our world.

Race: Spirit, Undead
    Class: None

Stats:
    Nora Cost: 40
    Damage: 7
    Range: 1
    Speed: 6
    Defense: 1
    HP: 35

Attack: Magical (2)
    Short Lived 2 (-15)
    Body Jumper (6)
    Flight (6)

Upgrade 1:
    Initiative 1 (7)
    Initiative 2 (10)
    Shadowspawn (5)

Upgrade 2:
    Death Nova: Disease 1 (1)
    Death Nova: Disease 2 (2)
    Death Nova: Disease 3 (4)

potatonuts and Woffleet like this.
  2. IMAGIRL

IMAGIRL Forum Royalty

Isn't this essentially Elsari Siren? I think this could be redesigned into an Arroyo rune. Unstable Arroyo or something of the like. Give it more synergy with DMZ.

3. themacca

Not really. i mean they have body jumper in common and thats it. the idea for it is to rush into an enemy font and when it dies get the possession so if it contests a font 1 on 1 you'll get the font for 2 rounds.

4. Sokolov

Sokolov The One True Cactuar Octopi

The only issue with these is that Summon: Gatling Gun summons a relic from another faction. Of course, we could clone that relic into an FS version.

5. Sokolov

Sokolov The One True Cactuar Octopi

Not sure I want another source of Stall in Jellies, especially with access to FB, but the rest look ok (aside from Doom).

6. doubtofbuddha

doubtofbuddha I need me some PIE!

Yeah. I just wanted to expand Salaman abilities into producing damaging relics. It does not neccessarily have to be a gatling gun, or we could produce an FS equivalent of course.

7. doubtofbuddha

doubtofbuddha I need me some PIE!

Stall does not stack. What are the particular concerns with having multiple champions of stall in the same theme? And yeah, Doom is hardly required I just thought it fit well with what this rune was doing.

8. yobanchi

yobanchi I need me some PIE!

Elsarin Artisan (FW)
    Race:Human
    Class: Bard

Art: Crazed pale human artist feverishly working on some sort of gross art creation (think roadkill stitched). Also on the table and displayed on back wall are various old FW equipments like cursed blade, flesh helm, shield of darkness etc.

Flavor Text: "The old lost art of Elsarin should have stayed lost." - Dwarven Art Critic final words

Damage: 10
    HP: 40

Attack: physical (2)
    Craft (5)
    Equipment Boon (10)

Upgrade 1:
    Toss equipment (2)
    Creativity (2)
    Market (4)

Upgrade 2:
    Provision: offense (4)
    Provision: Defense (3)
    Provision: Utility (2)

(other possibilities could include: Shatter, Pilfer, Sermon? hah like he's giving a presentation at his art exhibit...)

Edit: Also insert picture of rob zombie [​IMG]

Last edited: Jun 7, 2016
    Kampel, IMAGIRL and profhulk like this.
  9. Ralphen

Ralphen I need me some PIE!

Corrupted Minotaur

Text: "The power of Lord Maxxarex can twist even the strongest will, or body" - Maxxarex's Servant
    Graphic: A chained minotaur, litteraly burning in a demonic rage.

Race: Demon, Minotaur
    Class: Brute

Damage: 12
    HP: 46

Attack: Fire
    Manic
    Inhibit Touch
    Planarbound (as a slave of Sheoul, it can't travel dimensions)

Upgrade 1:
    Binding Chains
    Fire Aura (3)
    Damage Shield: Fire (2)

Upgrade 2:
    Fire Eater
    Resistence Fire (3)
    Resolute

10. Woffleet

Woffleet I need me some PIE!

The Necropolis Assembly

Fw/Ud
    relic
    nora 40
    hp:20
    instability
    death charged rank 3
    Death Knell

This will give Stitched the power to force aggressive play out of the opponent but is balanced do to instability.

11. themacca

This is just an insanely better version of doom and aspect of death. No thanks

12. Woffleet

Woffleet I need me some PIE!

true but i'm trying to come up with a necropolis please help me make 1

13. Markoth

Markoth Lord Inquisitor

Sentinel of Al'mara

Flavor Text: It is rumored that the Angels inhabit a flying city high above Poxanthru. The Sentinels are charged with protecting their home and are the reason that no "mortal" has ever laid eyes on it.

Size: Small
    Race: Angel
    Class: Paladin
    Rarity: Common

Stats:
    Cost:
    HP: 49
    Def: 2
    Spd: 6
    Rng: 2-4
    Dam: 9

Abilities:
    Attack: Fire
    Flight
    Sentinel

U1:
    Detection [Rank: 1]
    Detection [Rank: 2] (Default)
    Detection [Rank: 3]

U2:

Empowered: Range

IMAGIRL likes this.
  14. IMAGIRL

IMAGIRL Forum Royalty

I like it.

15. badgerale

badgerale Warchief of Wrath

We need more demon ideas, I don't want another Mino heavy expansion.

16. kalasle

kalasle Forum Royalty

More crazy-ass, scary demons, please.

17. Xirone

Xirone I need me some PIE!

I know this thread is probably winding down but before it ends I'd like to put just one more idea out there for KF. Most of the runes on the current check-list are in the plant theme and there is no Garu representation here. As such, here's the mighty Garu War Mage...

Garu War Mage
    Race: Garu | Class: Wizard | Size: Small | Rarity: Uncommon | Faction: K'thir Forest
    Artwork: A close-up profile of a Garu with carefully placed blood marks on its face. Above its head is a mystic crown made of ice with little bolts of lightning sparking off the tips. The crown is surrounded by a pale poison cloud. The Garu's eyes are severely dilated and lightly glows purple.
    Flavor-Text: After many repeated requests from Godwin, the Eternal Circle finally relented and trained certain select Garu in the ways of magic. The Garu War Mages were the results of this effort.
    Deck Limit: 2
    Nora Cost: Moderate to Moderate/High

Champion Stats
    DMG: 11 | SPD: 6 | RNG: 4-5 | DEF: 0 | HP: 46

Champion Abilities
    Attack: Magical
    Arcblade: Magical
    Grant: Rage Potion
    Hibernate

Upgrade Path 1
    Crystallize
    Lightning Storm 3
    Poisonburst

Upgrade Path 2
    Iceguard
    Catalyst: Electricity
    Poison Cloud

Notes:
    This champion fits in Garu decks and Wizard decks and has a number of viable upgrade options. The Garu War Mage has two defensive Frost upgrades, two damaging Electricity upgrades, and two utility Poison upgrades to choose from. The player can make this rune specialize in those elements by selecting both applicable upgrades or have more fun by mixing and matching.

Tweek516, IMAGIRL and Woffleet like this.
  18. Sirius

Sirius I need me some PIE!

I know there have been plenty of Minotaur suggestions, but here's 1 more.

[​IMG] [​IMG]

(Image is taken from a game called Puzzle Quest.)

Skelotaur
    Race: Minotaur, Skeleton
    Class: Warrior, Brute (?)
    Size: Small
    Faction: UD/FW
    Artwork: A Minotaur skeleton warrior with red glowing eyes and an intimidating presence. (See image above)
    Nora Cost: ~76

Champion Stats
    DMG: 10 | SPD: 6 | RNG: 1 | DEF: 1 | HP: 51 (stat base of Snaptooth Hunter, minus 3 damage)

Champion Abilities
    -Attack: Psychic (2)
    -Terrorize (4)
    -Empowered: Speed (4)
    -Regeneration 1 (3)

Upgrade Path 1
    -Psychological Warfare (8)
    -Elusive Leap (9) (default)
    - Gravity Well (10)

Upgrade Path 2
    -Horrific Aura 2 (8) (default)
    -Thrash (8)
    -Conqueror (5)

The starting idea is very simple, even though the execution got a bit more complicated: a Minotaur champion that would make splitting with FW a bit easier.
    Also, I thought a champion who can leap behind an enemy (Elusive Leap), send it toward my champions (Terrorize/Knockback) and then protect itself from being one-rounded in retaliation (Horrific Aura) would be useful for Minotaurs to have.

I mostly play splits and I was looking at minotaurs one day, thinking about the fact that playing the Minotaur champion lineup with FW's non-champion tools might be cool. Why? FW can offer them great single target killing tools while maintaining acceptable AoE options. It can also provide CC (Mind Shackle, Hungry Dead, Grim Well) and healing (Sacrificial Dagger, Steal Life). But most importantly, I REALLY wanted to try Execution Order with Minotaurs.

So yeah, that extra bit of deck building flexibility offered by a split champion seems useful. I have tried to build a champion useful to both factions.
    Terrorize is meant to help catch a champion (I'm not exactly sure HOW random the ability is) and to offer a Steal Life target. Gravity Bend is there as an option for those who don't want to dive too deep in enemy lines and to facilitate a Chain Lightning cast.
    Attack: Psychic seemed useful as an alternate damage type for Minos.
    I have considered making him a Zombie to encourage using Elsarin Night, but Zombies are already strong.

But yeah, as far as I'm concerned, any UD/FW Minotaur would be useful, especially a "Leap+Knockback+Horrific Aura" one.

Kampel and IMAGIRL like this.
  19. Sirius

Sirius I need me some PIE!

I've been thinking: it would be cool to encourage the use of Misdirection, it seems Vashal Mirrorblade is not enough. Therefore, I propose:

Blade of Mirrors
    Faction: KF
    Cost: 30
    Effect: Equipped champion gains Mirror Swap and Mirrorblade.

I'm concerned that it might be too powerful and generic though, so I'm not sure.
    Similarily, Riftwalker's signature ability could be interesting on an equipment, though it also sounds problematic.

(Next up: coming up with a scary UD demon and SL runes.)

Last edited: Jun 8, 2016
  20. IMAGIRL

IMAGIRL Forum Royalty

I LIKE IT!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.