Lets make a rune together! [Thread #1]

Discussion in 'Ironfist Stronghold' started by Markoth, Aug 27, 2016.

?

What theme should the rune be designed for?

Poll closed Aug 30, 2016.
  1. Drunks

5 vote(s)
    25.0%
  2. Griffins

2 vote(s)
    10.0%
  3. Paladins

2 vote(s)
    10.0%
  4. Grintmaw

1 vote(s)
    5.0%
  5. Barbarians

1 vote(s)
    5.0%
  6. Constructs

5 vote(s)
    25.0%
  7. Other - Please post additional information about your vote.

4 vote(s)
    20.0%
  1. Markoth

Markoth Lord Inquisitor

Hey guys I thought we would have some fun over the next few weeks. I am going to post a thread every day with a poll. It will progress something like this:

What theme should the rune be designed for?
    What race should the rune have?
    What class should the race have?
    What archtype should the rune have? [Tank, Fighter, Ranged, Support, etc.]
    What stats should the rune have? [I will post various stat lines and we will tweak later]
    What base abilities should it have?
    What U1 upgrades should it have?
    What U2 upgrades should it have?

Once we get through the polls we will tidy it up!

Edit: After 24 Hours Constructs win with 5 votes.

Last edited: Aug 28, 2016
  2. aseryen

aseryen I need me some PIE!

Would be nice to have an actual Construct designed with Grintmaw/Rock Defiance in mind. The rune could fill multiple slots for Constructs/Grintmaw/Intoxicated should it have class:brute. For this reason I'd suggest Groble as they fall into the most themes while being very under developed. Lodestone have seen some new runes however class: none removes them from the Intoxicated theme.

Rock Defiance aside, a Construct designed without relic synergy would be nice, Lodestone seem to be the crafters/builders Silverclan operate with tinkerers, Grobles work independently of them all.

3. Markoth

Markoth Lord Inquisitor

Should note that Constructs are immune to the effects of Intoxicated. It isnt listed anywhere but its kinda left over code from the old intoxicated.

4. aseryen

aseryen I need me some PIE!

Scratch everything bout that then lol. Still Partial to Groble as they haven't been worked on in a while and I want something to connect Trolls with Constructs.

Barbarian Diviner's Enchant: Magic makes Barbs my second choice if another Enchant ability is designed. Could fit in with Paladins and Brand, or what I've wanted for a long time, some type of Enchant/Sustain Rock Defiance.

1)Grintmaws/Rock Defiance/Troll/Groble; something to link perhaps Valdaci,Groble, and Trolls
    2)Barbarians - a new Enchant ability to synergize with Brand or Equips in general, Enchant: Forge Hammer could grant the effects of Forge Hammer to an equipped champion; would boost Equips/Relics/Constructs
    3)Dwarves- they're getting looked at as far as Carouse/Brews so I can't imagine the direction that's going. however I like the idea of tiered Brews granting more and more debilitating effects.

5. Gnomes

Gnomes Forum Royalty

I said Other. Lets make Gnomes a race. woot woot.

phdstax and aseryen like this.
  6. SPiEkY

SPiEkY King of Jesters

I wanna see another angel

Skybloom and aseryen like this.
  7. Markoth

Markoth Lord Inquisitor

That's race and I will make sure its on the poll tomorrow.

8. phdstax

phdstax Active Member

. . . except a KF/SP split

9. Etherielin

Etherielin The Floof Cultist

I'm not an IS player, but I voted for Griffins, because Wings are the most regal and majestic theme within IS imo.

10. themacca

themacca Master of Challenges

New beastriding barb for sure

11. Lushiris

Lushiris I need me some PIE!

I had made a suggestion for a quite cool ranged drunken dwarf with magic damage in the "Let's make an expansion together" thread. Flavor was there, utility was totally there, and was pretty efficient. If I recall correctly it went around a drunken tinkerer using a mug-shooting pistol to share his "special ale" with all the drakkies.

12. Markoth

Markoth Lord Inquisitor

I am going to declare Constructs the winner with 5 votes. The next poll will be going up shortly.