lets play moral relativism

Discussion in 'Off-Topic' started by contemplation, May 28, 2017.

1. ssez

ssez I need me some PIE!

there are people who think abortian is wrong so they want to force others to not have it

there are people who think women should cover their faces so they try to force women to do it

there are people who think others should pay for their health care so they try to force others to do it

whats fun for me is watching them all try to take the "high ground" on each other, oblivious to fact that they are all doing the same thing for morals they made up. luckily the simple minded amuse me!

2. BurnPyro

BurnPyro Forum Royalty

Yeah, there's no difference between letting 40k people in the US die each year because of no healthcare and choosing not to have a rapists child.

"lol moral high ground"

3. Geressen

Geressen Forum Royalty

this is a trap isn't it?

someone is supposed to go "abortian is wrong"
    and then you call them scum not for any stance regarding abortion but because they are a grammar **** .

ssez likes this.
  4. ssez

ssez I need me some PIE!

there is a big difference, in one 40k people are dead in the other someone chooses to abort a rapists baby. glad i could clear that up for you.

5. BurnPyro

BurnPyro Forum Royalty

haha im witty by being an overt subhuman

- right wingers

6. ssez

ssez I need me some PIE!

i like that you get all worked up and try to hurl insults!

and lol at me being a right winger, i dont support any political cause or party.

7. Dagda

Dagda Forum Royalty

in other news, this thread went completely predictably

8. BurnPyro

BurnPyro Forum Royalty

Don't hate the player, hate the game

9. nepyonisdead

nepyonisdead I need me some PIE!

We choose to hate the devs xD

10. poxrooster

poxrooster The Pox Chameleon

Sorry, but your logic is flawed. You asked if anybody wants to
    but then, you took out people's moral use of the concept and left the concept itself to stand alone. Concepts don't have morality unless they are used in context. However, I will still say euthanasia is not good.

11. ssez

ssez I need me some PIE!

i can understand thinking euthanasia is not good and can think of many valid reasons for that.

would you say its "moral" to force others to not euthanize?

Geressen likes this.
  12. Geressen

Geressen Forum Royalty

my bad I should have worded it better, continue with Ssez's follow-up question.

13. Dagda

Dagda Forum Royalty

i mean yeah, but that's sort of the point

SPiEkY and Geressen like this.
  14. poxrooster

Still, I think your question is off a little.

1. Is euthanasia moral? No, it is a concept.
    2. Is practicing or attempting euthanasia involve making a moral decision? Yes, it does.
    3. Is the decision to practice or attempt euthanasia morally right or wrong? I say it is morally wrong.

But to say it simply. Euthanasia is immoral.

15. poxrooster

Ah, I love this line of thinking. The Abraham Lincoln Argument. Classic!

16. ssez

ssez I need me some PIE!

now move on to number 4

do you feel its "moral" to force others to not euthanize?

17. Geressen

Geressen Forum Royalty

why? clearly to allow people to do it is moral, making people suffer is immoral. denying people control over their own lives is immoral.

so how is people being free from others and suffering immoral in your opinion?

18. poxrooster

I was an alcoholic and an addict for 10 years. I lived in a gutter (not literally) with very little and often no hope. If I wanted to drink myself to death, you'd say that's moral? After all, I'm ending my life in a way I can control.

19. ssez

ssez I need me some PIE!

I would say it would possibly be immoral for you or moral depending on your stance.

I would think for me it would be immoral to not try to help you if i could, but i also think it would be immoral to stop you from your own free choice. I dont think i have the "right" to force you to stop.

20. poxrooster

I can fully respect that position. I get the moral quandary. However, having been an alcoholic, if I had a friend who was one, I'd attempt in every way possible to stop him from making that choice. :) I just think it is immoral.

ssez likes this.