Lets rework a classic - Smite Enemy

Discussion in 'Ironfist Stronghold' started by Markoth, Mar 13, 2015.

1. Markoth

Markoth Lord Inquisitor

[​IMG]
    Smite Enemy - 45 Nora
    AoE 2: Affected enemies take 10 Magic damage. For each real, non-summoned enemy destroyed by this effect, friendly champions heal gain 4 HP and gain +1 DMG permanately. For each friendly Paladin or Priest in play you are refunded 2 Nora to a maximum of 10.

Changes made by the discussion are in green.

-------------------------------------------------------------

Would you run it?

Does it fit the theme of the rune?

Is it balanced? If not, why? What would you change?

Last edited: Mar 14, 2015
    Griselbrand and doubtofbuddha like this.
  2. JazzMan1221

JazzMan1221 Better-Known Member

I'd like it with those changes, but I think we could also turn it into a more "Paladiny" spell. Maybe have it refund 3 nora for every Paladin you have out to a max of 15. Or if there is a friendly Paladin in the AOE, it gains Majestic 1 for 2 turns.

Alternatively, if we're feeling adventurous, we could have it grant different bonuses based on what the spell killed. Killing a UD unit grants +1 global damage, killling a FW unit grants Fearless for 2 turns, etc. It would probably have to stay at 50 nora though.

Any way you take it, people will always look to Bane Blast before this, which is a major hurdle. Just like whenever you want to include a new support rune, you always look to Sarge first and compare. Bane Blast deals good AOE damage, with the potential to double its damage. Smite Enemy must overcome that by providing enough of a bonus to warrant its inclusion.

IMAGIRL likes this.
  3. IMAGIRL

IMAGIRL Forum Royalty

[​IMG]
    Smite Enemy - 45 Nora
    AoE 2: Affected enemies take 10 Magic damage. For each real enemy destroyed by this effect, friendly champions heal 4 HP and gain +1 DMG.

Phrasing is important. Yeah, I would run this. I also like the idea that Jazzman has.

4. JaceDragon

JaceDragon I need me some PIE!

[​IMG]
    Smite Enemy - 55 Nora
    AoE 2: Affected enemies take 10 Magic damage. For each real enemy destroyed by this effect, friendly champions gain 4 HP and gain +1 DMG permament for each champion destroyed in that way. You are refound 2 nora for each friendly Paladin or Priest inlay.

-------------------------------------------------------------

what about it?

5. Markoth

Markoth Lord Inquisitor

Updated the OP with additions.

New question for consideration. Instead of the nora refund, what if the spell could consume Marks of Al'Mara for aditional effect.

Sirius likes this.
  6. JaceDragon

Yeah i forget the cap. But i think 50 is more an appropieta cost.

While for 45 he can cunsume the Mark for extra dmg, like 3/4 instead of the normal 2, but i think in that way the +4 hp +1 dmg should go.

7. Markoth

Markoth Lord Inquisitor

Alt #1 (Similar to Sheoul's Fireball): 35 Nora - Target champion with Branded takes 20 Magical damage. If this kills the champion, enemies within 4? spaces take 10 Magical damage and become Branded for 4 turns.

doubtofbuddha likes this.
  8. Thbigchief

Thbigchief I need me some PIE!

- Could add in a clause for "hunted" champ as well if we're forced to have that jammed on pallies etc

9. Markoth

Markoth Lord Inquisitor

Alt#1 likely deals too much up front damage. How about:

Target champion takes 3 magical damage for every Paladin or Priest you control to a maximum of 15. If this kills the champion, enemies within ? spaces take 10 Magical damage and become Branded for 4 turns.

10. Markoth

Markoth Lord Inquisitor

Where is Pallies getting Hunted from?

11. Vote Kanye 2020

Vote Kanye 2020 Better-Known Member

I like the 3rd option most, probably needs a nora hike (40-45). As for Pally's gaining hunted I presume it's from the Inquisitor Trio

12. Thbigchief

- I guess just ex-pally interrogator ... the other scrubs finally lost it

13. Markoth

Markoth Lord Inquisitor

But they dont have it anymore.

14. Baskitkase

Baskitkase Forum Royalty

Just make it so that it summons 3 pygmy hippos. That's the strength level of spells in the meta.

15. JaceDragon

3 thor boar maybe

Sirius and Baskitkase like this.
  16. Sokolov

Sokolov The One True Cactuar Octopi

This seems extremely all over the place...

It is an AE damage, buff AND heal? Plus a racial clause?

Baskitkase likes this.
  17. Markoth

Markoth Lord Inquisitor

Initial was just a small "low" damage aoe that "had" battle leader. Green has been added through the discusssion.

18. Baskitkase

Baskitkase Forum Royalty

Small area aoe and debug seems good.

Single target pop does as well.

19. Molosse

Molosse I need me some PIE!

Why not throw on something to do with Brand? For example make it deal damage and cause Branded for a decent duration.

20. Thbigchief

- Target wrath enemy champion takes 12 damage and becomes branded. If the target enemy champion is protectorate it takes 10 damage and becomes distracted instead. Cost to 35.