Lets talk about Juya

Discussion in 'Savage Tundra' started by nepyonisdead, Jun 20, 2017.

1. nepyonisdead

nepyonisdead I need me some PIE!

I was warned this will degenerate into irrelevant babble because of some irrelevant poxers so here is the one and only warning ill make .... stay on topic or else.

So whats todays talking point? its Juya one of the oldest runes in pox and certainly was one of the most popular.

Juya right now is in a grey area in my perspective yes mark, piercing shot and blockade are great BUT is it worth 96 nora as a whole?

I find it a bit ludicrous for a dedicated range unit with such a hefty price tag to have a range that dictates her to be inside a font to hit champs ( yes thats a big deal in terms of ranged champs). Now the kit she has is great no doubt but so is serkans and grimlics all of which have suitable ranges for their price tag, now i understand the hesitation from people to change such an old rune but i think its about time we had this talk. Juya needs to be changed to 3- 6 range or 2 - 5 range but 3 - 5 leaves her in a very awkward position.

Do let me know what u think but again keep the talk about juya and not about how ST has so many efficient champs and Bane Shift cuz thats not the point of this thread.

2. Braxzee

Braxzee I need me some PIE!

Juyas range was nerfed to 3 -5 due to keeneye crown. It was a equip specific to her for +2 range and strike. Her cost was 101 noraish. But she also had blockade as a base ability. This is why I believe she is over cost. The blockade got a nerf as well from global to 8 spaces away yet no adjustment to her cost along with keeneye crown with a slight nora reduction. Another reason I believe she is over cost. Then she was compared to other champs that were not exotics or heroes to keep her at such a high cost in nerf her cries. After all of this players still complain that she is to over bearing even today. Mainly players that use AP generation. Then the next indirect nerf on her was Azaren got his beast herder nerfed. Now she is not used much in a cheap Beast Bg where her declare target could become very useful and you could offset her high cost with cheap beasts.

I do agree that Juya and all Exotic , Legendary and Heroes should all be very efficient. Thee are plenty examples of exotic champs that are put together poorly. Proper cost just not very efficient. I look at Skeezick Whorl and think what a super efficient champ....huh it is a common non-hero rune WTF. I am like why cant Juya be put together better than that. She is an Iconic Exotic Hero.

3. Braxzee

FYI I was sad to see Grim get torn apart and nerfed cried about because he was a very efficient Hero and should be built well to where he alone can change the other players strategy.

nepyonisdead likes this.
  4. nepyonisdead

nepyonisdead I need me some PIE!

Thanks mate and yeah it's a recurring problem that nerfs aren't represented in the cost anymore sadly

Having an equip specific to a champ shouldn't be in the game in my book and I am happy juya and mosharn lost that however I think juya needs the buff mentioned earlier instead of what she has now

5. Braxzee

I would not even mind if her nora cost was lowered to reflect that she has to be on a font to cover it and or move back 2 spaces away to hit a melee target that is engaged with her. I always thought she should have lift with a slight buff. If she lifts a target that is smaller than her then she does not gain lumbering.

6. Durand

Durand Active Member

I agree

nepyonisdead likes this.
  7. Hierokliff

Hierokliff I need me some PIE!

She is just too costly for ST if she cant buff/boost the rest. Kinda like Talgar in IS, paying 90-100nora for a hero it better be very good or help the rest really nice. Think she could just lose declare target (10nora cost) and be more useful. declare target is neat though but put it as an upgrade option, having it and blockade and... it just costs too much.
    not sure how much 7spd vs 6spd costs, or the different range options, but range 3-5 aint so bad, sadly though so many runes are having range 6+ these days, she gets into this midrange section which is hard. is there a list of how much nora each range option is costing? hope its a multiplier to its dmg also somehow.
    Saw she was released in 10th expansion, so she has been around a while.
    Think another problem is that attack: physical costs as much nora as attack: frost, kinda wish all physical units did get their attack cost reduced to 0 nora since its the basic, and if you want frost etc you gotta pay those extra 2 nora. fear if she had attack: frost, piercing shot then 50% frost amp.

Durand likes this.
  8. Braxzee

Declare target and blockade just fits her well with lore and historical wise. Over the course of time she has nerfed directly and indirectly with out her cost being reflected. There are other runes out there in the legendary and exotic category that have the same problem as Juya. Juya just like Grim got nerf cries due to how efficient they were even though they had the right nora cost for all of their abilities. So basically they are paying extra nora for being good. IMO heroes should be overly efficient and champs like the skeezick Whorl (Which is costed right) that are common should not be so overly efficient. If Juya was designed similar to the Whorl, she would get nerfed pretty quick even at 95 nora.

Durand and nepyonisdead like this.