Let's talk: Deep Elves

Discussion in 'Underdepths' started by MakarovJAC, Jul 13, 2014.

1. Ramymanify

Ramymanify The King of Potatoes

I wanted to add Nefari cave runners, but not sure if they're worth putting in, and if so, who to take out ?
    Are there any new strong UD decks aside from Deepelf / Nefari BG, that one should be aiming to make
    I hate that spiders got nerfed, :/

2. SPiEkY

SPiEkY King of Jesters

Spiders are OP, man, dunno what you're on about

3. MakarovJAC

MakarovJAC I need me some PIE!

Spiders are quite strong regardless of the nerfs. Minotaurs can stand their ground for a while, unless you get yourself facing an experienced player. Imps are really cool if you have the patience and the timing to exploit their racial. And that's it. So far, UD's never been a faction to stack up on all the high-end runes you can. Most likely, you end up with a lackluster bg if you try to get in all what's expensive, or too strong. We prefer to play balanced rather than trying to have everything there is in your bg.

4. Ramymanify

well the reason why I posted my BG here is not to show off whatever cards I have to be sure, but to get proper guidance and advice, I am a noob and fairly new to this game do not know how many times I should say this, but I lack the experience or the fundamentals of deck building in this game, I thought maybe I could get some help
    as for spiders I heard they got nerfed, so my reasoning was that I wouldn't want to invest into a nerfed BG that would get owned easily in ranked play, which is always happening to me regardless of the BG I use

5. Ramymanify

Then please tell me how to build BG for them and which runes do I use and a guide to use them ?
    I'm sorry if my misinformation offended you "I'm new to the game"

MakarovJAC likes this.
  6. SPiEkY

SPiEkY King of Jesters

You're good, man, I wasn't offended on any level, more confused, if anything.

Here's what I've been using for spiders: http://poxbase.com/deck/C5MCw=CuXc6+C8Kc3VcfXcfBCqqcgyCqys3Vs4@s7Fs2Hs4ks3oS1FsOsArAE1U

The basic idea is to just spam the Bane Shift out of spiderlings with Protect the Nest to boost the Broodmothers' and K'lzik's dmg and overrun the board.

Void Spider isn't really needed, I just barely forged it and was trying it out (It works well, by the way).

You're gonna want to build the spiders as cheap as you can, for the most part, for the sake of sheer numbers.

If I were to change this deck at all to make it more meta-viable, I'd probably drop the Nightfall Spider or a Demonbarb (due to their 70+ nora cost) for a Dark Pact, but that's about it.

7. MakarovJAC

Don't worry, you get used to it once you get the hang of it. Unfurtunately, I'm no spider expert here. The most I know about these magestic creatures is that Helltick used to be the Bane Shift. But that was 4 years ago.

8. Ramymanify

Hey man thanks
    I bookmarked this, maybe I will trade some unwanted stuff in PB to get the spiders I'm missing
    I'm thinking of changing one arachnablade for Kl'zik's spinners greaves since it's her special equip and is nice I tried it
    or if void spider is really expensive I will replace it with spinner's greaves

Thanks again and sorry for the misunderstanding or inconvenience that my frustration made :D

SPiEkY likes this.
  9. SPiEkY

SPiEkY King of Jesters

Yeah, I'd drop a champ before an Arachnablade. You can toss it on your opponents champs and the spiders is makes are still yours.

10. MakarovJAC

Do spinner's grieves work for something?

11. Burcho

Burcho I need me some PIE!

not really

12. Ramymanify

Spinner's greaves work for Kl'zik, they give her pull ability + web spin "Aoe webs" but I never used it, I use pull most of the time

I checked Void spiderling and found it to be expensive, so I'll replace it with spinner's greaves

13. badgerale

badgerale Warchief of Wrath

spinners greaves are bad, even in spiders

SPiEkY likes this.
  14. Ramymanify

:/ but.. but..
    It's K'lzik's special equip :(

15. SPiEkY

SPiEkY King of Jesters

Unfortunately, that doesn't make it any good

16. MakarovJAC

Shameless bump: Added information about the three new deep elves.

17. Whiris

Whiris The King of Potatoes

This is a good post about Deep Elves, but how relevant is the information now?
    Also, how viable is a Deep Elf themed deck and what is auto-include?

18. Fentum

Fentum I need me some PIE!

Demon Lich and Deep Elf Scout are my two auto includes in every UD BG.

Very versatile runes.

19. Whiris

Whiris The King of Potatoes

Do you run 2x Demon Lich? And what upgrades do you use? For a Deep Elves deck, Swarm: Deep-Elf Skeleton could be useful, but puts him at 79 nora.

Anyways, I came up with this battlegroup here, though I don't have all the runes yet (mainly the spells).
    • I really like how hard Deep Elf Fanatic can hit especially with Manic and skeletons from a Demon Lich, but I do find him a tad expensive nora-wise. I have a Shadowrake and they cost about the same and it hits hard too; would it be better than Deep Elf Fanatic? However, Stasis kind of throws me off.
    • Deep Elf Infiltrator has nice mobility with Shadow Shift; good for font stealing or contesting.
    • I saw your other postings about 53 nora Deep Elf Mercenary for turn 2 double deploy, so I put one in. Which Hunter ability do you use?
    • Nefari Guardian seems staple although he's not of the Elf race.
    • Nefari Reaper kind of a filler rune at the moment.
    • Read that Mandate from Sheoul could be useful for healing, but the relic does healing.
    • Considered: Dark Pact, Bane Shift, Masochism, Fire Blast, Breath of Ash.
    • Nefari Resurrection limited to the Elf race; this is a Deep Elf battlegroup.
    Any suggestions or ideas?

MakarovJAC likes this.
  20. MakarovJAC