Liches, where is the thread about em?

Discussion in 'Forsaken Wastes' started by Varthas, Aug 19, 2017.

1. kalasle

kalasle Forum Royalty

K. I'm trying a list with no Genesis, but with 2x Depths of Despair. 30 nora for 18 damage sounds good to me.

2. davre

davre The Benevolent Technofascist

Do you want to borrow the liches?
    e: I have loads of decks so it's easy enough for me to put one on the backburner

3. kalasle

kalasle Forum Royalty

No, appreciate the offer though. I am honestly curious to see how a liches deck plays without them -- helps to suss out where the power is.

4. kalasle

kalasle Forum Royalty

And basically, I am thinking that the deck is really about Dark Apprentice, and the whole phylactery thing isn't necessary for them to be strong.

Edit: about BCA and Dark Apprentice, that is, and Augment Creation being an incredibly good ability right now regardless of the deck. Basically, Dark Apprentice means that the deck loses very little tempo for its setup, because you can do counter-attack spells with Favor and loses less value from them, and you get front-line HP at an incredible rate.

I don't think that the Phylacteries or even Bone Circle are necessary to what's going on -- they just happen to be good as well.

5. davre

davre The Benevolent Technofascist

Tentatively 1.0, though I haven't faced any of the big bad decks+players yet.

6. kalasle

kalasle Forum Royalty

I'm more comfortable calling them t1 than some of the other FF junk decks, to be honest -- I still haven't seen a KF deck do anything scary. I think that the incredible value of Dark Apprentice is enough by itself to make the deck t1.5 at least, maybe t1, but some of the nuances of the phylactery interactions coupled with easy generation through Genesis lich makes them t1.

7. Varthas

Varthas I need me some PIE!

After forging 2 x Legendary Apprentices i discovered i had one in Limited. Anyways i am having somewhat good games with the Lich deck. It is nailbiting in the first stage of the game but the deck get quite strong as the game progresses.

But the fun part is that it doesnt feel overly strong, it is very subtle and after i maybe won a good game i kinda wonder "what happened and where did the leverage really come from?". I like that feeling.

Thanks for sharing experience here!

8. potatonuts

potatonuts I need me some PIE!

Either Cleric of Unrest or Lichling :p