Lichling is borked ppl

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Bondman007, Aug 10, 2016.

1. Bondman007

Bondman007 I need me some PIE!

His conceal ability works even if it just contests a font and not capture. Also, I had an opponent deploy three of them.. No idea how. (scratch the underlined part..deck limit 3)Also, his conceal ability is pretty broken now since scrying is much more difficult. Please look at it!

EDIT: It did NOT conceal runes later in the game when it contested fonts, so not sure how/why it did that. Perhaps he just captured a font and I didn't realize it.

EDIT 2: It is concealing runes on CD as well and causing them to reveal during the match. Please ban 'till fixed! :eek:

Last edited: Aug 10, 2016
    Pattn199 likes this.
  2. DrakeArron

DrakeArron I need me some PIE!

I'd say the only problem here is the first one, and thats a bug.
    Deploying three of them is in all likelihood you misreading something he did- the only way that would be possible is if they somehow allowed its rune limit to be three... which has never been done before .EDIT: Apparently I'm a blinded idiot... lichling is deck limit three. Like, holy crap I didn't think of that possibility >.<
    And conceal I don't see as "broken". It just means you have to be more careful with conceal. I mean, sure if you want to buff conceal okay, but even then that doesn't mean *lichling* is broken, it means the conceal ability is broken- other champs have it too you know.
    Also, why is this not in the bug reporting thread?

3. ChiaoLung

ChiaoLung I need me some PIE!

Lichling is deck limit 3. One of the Kanen used to be as well - I think it was Mongrel.

Qucas, aseryen and SPiEkY like this.
  4. Bondman007

I forget that they removed the deck limitations on runes in the form of abilities and that now they just say it in their deck limit, so scratch that part.
    My other two are still valid though. The first time the lichling contested the mid font I lost two reveals. Also, I am not sure if this is wai but it also conceals my CD runes =/ Had a mika on the field and had one revealed in my runedock...the ability itself is bugged.

5. DrakeArron

Oh really? holy crap my utmost apologies then. I had no idea they'd created any runes that went past the 2 rune deck limit... I think this is the only card game I've ever seen to really break a card limit standard of their game like that.

6. Bondman007

Well, its not in bug thread because half of my complaint is bugs the other half is the rune. When this thing takes a font you lose reveals. That's extremely powerful in this game now due to the rune reveal mechanic we have. Conceal is a very powerful ability now considering how things work (dudes will figure this out and begin exploiting darkness and other such effects wait and see, if I were smarter I would). Plus add the fact that they will be pretty much guaranteed to draws these things plus spam them in (while reducing the cost of other liches) dude, its a mess.

7. DrakeArron

Ok, yeah, these two actually do seem to be things that need to be worked on. Though, IDK, maybe concealing cooldown runes is intended? my mind just got blown with the three rune lichling limit, so I'm not sure of anything anymore XD.
    Though, I say again, why is this not posted in the bug thread?
    EDIT ninja'd

8. DrakeArron

oooooh, I see where you confused me. You keep refering to the lichlings "forced ignorance" ability with the name "conceal". You may not know thiws, but there actual is an ability in the game literally called "conceal"- its on the Darkmarsh Concealer (which, funnily enough, is also bugged to hell :p). As I don't have every rune memorized, but I *did* recognize the ability name "coceal" I assumed that when you were talking about conceal on the lichling you meant the actual conceal ability, not the act of concealing runes that forced ignorance allows lichling to do.

9. Bondman007

Sorry dude, didn't mean to confuse ya, I was referring to it as its "conceal ability" because I was too lazy to look up the ability's actual name. ;)

10. DrakeArron

Yeah, and see, the thing is that the actual "conceal" ability conceals your *own* runes (to synergize with the concealers stealth ability). As it conceals your own runes, every time you talked about lichling concealing your runes I assumed that you were the one playing lichling, and concealing your own runes. Thus why I didn't understand your point of view in it needing a nerf.

Now that I do understand, IDK really as far as its balance. I have to admit I can see how it could be abused, however I use my old adage of determining if something is broken- is anyone else saying it is? Which as far as I can tell no one is. I do, however, think its hard to dispute that if many more runes got the ability it could get out of hand.

11. Sokolov

Sokolov The One True Cactuar Octopi

Will check on this.

12. Sokolov

What is wrong with this part? Conceal effects have always done this?

EDIT: Ah, the ability, for some, specifically states that it doesn't do runes on CD, which... is just kind of add requirement to add.

Qucas and darklord48 like this.
  13. darklord48

darklord48 Forum Royalty

Actually it is crazed warmandlis, which still has a limit of 3.

IMAGIRL, Qucas, SPiEkY and 2 others like this.
  14. DrakeArron

I think its more hes against this particular mechanic, which I can't blame him for really. I mean, concealing your opponents runes is a bit... different then most other abilities in the game, don't you think? It directly manipulates your rune dock. Though, now that I think about it I fee like his argument is a little flawed considering we have the entire theme of jellebrum... and that has far more specific and niche counters then concealing opponents runes, whos counter is just runing champions with the scry ability, something people already do anyway.

IDK. I feel like theres more to this then just "I hate this cus it hurst me and I don't like it" though. Just feels different to me somehow.

Bondman007 likes this.
  15. Bondman007

Totally, in most cases. However, this ability is really, really strong atm and bugged. I just think it needs to be fixed or changed slightly to not be exploited. Try it out DMR...you'll see what I mean.

16. Bondman007

Spot on, bro. Couldn't have said it better myself. At least with jellies you have to put some work towards it...this guy runs up and grabs a font and you lose reveals. Then, you don't have very good champs with scry to counter this PLUS they are bringing in cheaper liches. Its rough.

I don't think this ability was ever brought up much before the scry change, but now it is a very, very good ability.

17. Lushiris

Lushiris I need me some PIE!

@Makorov This is what I was talking about.

Makorov likes this.
  18. Bondman007

Why should it conceal runes on CD? Does it allow you to recast the runes that were on CD? For instance...I had Mika in play, he concealed my runes and somehow she got revealed again. I was afraid to cast her again because I figured it would bug out. She doesn't technically have mythical anymore but still, I felt it was a waste of a reveal regardless.

19. Bondman007

Right, well, the CD part may not be that big of deal, but IMO revealing champs you already have in play (especially with only one in the BG) is bugged and could cause problems.

20. Sokolov

Is it actually concealing runes IN PLAY?

Runes in play are NOT put on CD. Runes are put on CD when they leave play.