Life

Discussion in 'Off-Topic' started by Alakhami, Apr 5, 2014.

1. Alakhami

Alakhami I need me some PIE!

I just thought it would be interesting to hear everyones story and how their life is going atm(if they're OK with sharing something like that)
    I'm 18, I live in London and study creative writting in UCL. It's not a very hard course, simply because I have read many of the books that we go through including the critics too.
    I'm in a metal band atm doing vocals, we're working on our demos along with simply practicing working as a team as whole by covering other bands we love. Life has treated me in various different ways, and I've lived in different countries, was both rich and poor, so such contrast of experience has a big influence on what I'm doing and the people that I spend time with. I was playing pox since I was 13, and I somehow fell in love with the game, the strategic depth to it was amazing, the amount of cool runes was awesome. Anyway, that's my story so far, I might say some other things if I really feel like it. But that's it for now, feel free to share your life experience! :)

Last edited: Dec 21, 2016
    soulmilk likes this.
  2. Dagda

Dagda Forum Royalty

lol nerd

what, that's not what we're doing?

mw24 likes this.
  3. Poxbrothers

Poxbrothers Devotee of the Blood Owl

No you.

AFK.

4. Dagda

Dagda Forum Royalty

5. Geressen

Geressen Forum Royalty

I sat at a station between Utrecht central station and The Hague central station when some people came up to me and asked if they were on the right platform to take the train heading to central.

I told them "yes"

6. Boozha

Boozha I need me some PIE!

The next semester starts in two days and I'm scared to death. I want to buy a bottle of whiskey and soothe my sorrows, but I can't afford to.

... My life has a bunch of first world problems.

7. JazzMan1221

JazzMan1221 Better-Known Member

I have severe Schizoid Personality Disorder. Do some quick research on that, and you'll realize how utterly bleak and empty my life has been. No medication, no therapy, no treatment of any kind is available for this disorder. The worst part? I know it's serious, and I know it negatively affects my life; but I simply don't care. There's honestly nothing worse that being sick and finding that one of the symptoms is a lack of desire to do anything about it.

8. Dagda

Dagda Forum Royalty

Is there?

9. Alakhami

Damn, I looked it up, I kind of understand what you go through. I myself have bipolar disorder, and tend to experience apathy and coldness towards the people that I care for or those who care for me. But apathy towards your own disorder is frightening. But I do believe all humans can experience happiness, even if it is brief, and I think you have done so in your life, despite such a serious personality disorder.

DarkJello likes this.
  10. Alakhami

White Horse is pretty cheap, but not very nice. Best budget whiskey is Jim Beam imo, and don't drink it with ice or cola, that's lame.

11. Qucas

Qucas Guest

I'm not as bad as Jazz but I have Paranoid Schizophrenia, which even with pills, still affects me day to day. I quit a job because of it and am currently looking for a new job, just to see if I can do it.

12. Alakhami

Haha, I'd ask permission to write it jf I found it exceptionally good and interesting. I DON'T steal.

13. BurnPyro

BurnPyro Forum Royalty

I'm highely talented in a lot of fields but lazyness/apathy towards it all is holding me back.

What else is new.

Also dagda is fat. His life consists of eatin' n sleepin'

Dagda likes this.
  14. MrAlpaca

MrAlpaca Well-Known Member

I'm 16, I live in Tel-Aviv and I'm currently in high school. This year I joined our school's FRC team (FIRST Robotics Competition), which is an American based competition where teams of high school students need to build robots in a 6.5 build season to play a different team-game each year, and afterwards there are regional competitions in which the robots compete. We recently won the Israeli regional (which was on march 3-5) and now we're going to come to the U.S and play in the world championship. Just to give you an idea of what I'm talking about:
    This year's game animation
    Our team's robot
    Some real action

We're heading to New York on April 17th, where we will stay until the 22nd. Then we're going to St. Louis (Where the championship is) until the 28th, and then we're coming back to Israel. We're looking for stuff to do in New York, so any suggestions are welcome.

So yeah, life is pretty okay atm

Thonskie and Baskitkase like this.
  15. GemmaXylia

GemmaXylia Forum Royalty

Life storyyyyyyy.

I'm 20, was studying at university, started a year abroad in china. Had a seizure in my first few weeks and got diagnosed with a form of epilepsy. Became too paranoid to go anywhere for long periods of time and started to miss classes/trips/fun stuff so I dropped out of university and moved back home.

Currently working in a call centre while I save up for a move to London or a new degree, unsure as of right now.

16. Firk

Firk I need me some PIE!

I am getting older and older, playing games all day thinking about quiting for good, thats my story

17. Boozha

Man, we are one depressive bunch of losers.

18. Alakhami

Haha, that's pretty cool, in New York just eat loads of steak, meet new people, I'd say drink but you're 16, well, just do whatever you feel like. Go to Time Square, Empire State Building what not.

19. Alakhami

Damn, but I believe there is a reason all of us fall. To get new strength for the future. I don't want to sound banally optimistic, but you're
    20, got your whole life ahead of ya!

20. Boozha

Lol, come to Germany AND drink. Beer and wine are open for purchase with the age of 16 over here in Betterland.

Pattn199 likes this.