Life?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Reginald, Apr 24, 2018.

1. Reginald

Reginald New Member

Do people still play this game..is there any point,any plans to update this game coming soon. I haven't seen any type of news at all. Can I donate 10k for the hope that it gets used on the growth of the game?

2. themacca

themacca Master of Challenges

there is an expansion coming "at some time." The issue is currently a lot of jobbers for the game have been moved to space wars for now. But most things are ready to go, its just waiting for other fixes.

If you give me 10k i will rally very hard for the next patch to come out.

3. MaruXV

MaruXV Corgi Lord of FW

same as macca, I'll personally go to DoG's office to help them fasten up this ;) but maybe its better you give that to them directly so they can get a couple coders and get on work to fix bugs and code the new expansion

4. soulmilk

soulmilk I need me some PIE!

Would it be a good idea to be able to Pre-Order the next expansion? So DOG can hire more programmers to code what's left of the expansion?

5. Gprotein

Gprotein The King of Potatoes

I miss this game.....

Not ever sure what alt this is anymore but it is the only account I remember the password. I wish I had some version of pox on my phone :(

6. Sokolov

Sokolov The One True Cactuar Octopi

Nothing new to report, but the others are mostly right.

7. MrCharles

MrCharles The King of Potatoes

Mostly right? That doesn't sound good. Would be cool to see the final expansion but that may have already happened. Either way I've played something like 2,000 plus hours on this game so I'm content. Happy it's still online and that I can jump on a play every now and then (work is still kicking my ass).

8. Reginald

Reginald New Member

Then why not just revamp the game...start a pox 2.0 or whatever you want to call it. Back when I 1st started there was like a sub thing. Why can't we bring that back or change this game into a ccg and not a trade base game game..that died long ago.

The new client is the worst thing i've ever seen..I'm down for a kickstarter and I'm 100% I would donate..but seems like even DoG has give up on this game? Whats the point now, do you guys even listen to the players anymore or is this game just really a desert. Its a shame to see it like this..I remember getting on with a room full of players..now we don't even see 100. Why not do a big rotation and then roll out new units..get rid of some of these abilities.

9. Axeraiser

Axeraiser I need me some PIE!

You do realise they literally did that. They did a complete revamp when they got the game back from Sony, they dumbed down literally 95% of the champs removing several abilities from many units to reduce the learning curve for new players. They were too slow bringing out things like the Rune forge and the game was pay to win based around new expansion super power creeped runes during the SOE era and that’s what’s prevented new players coming. The year plus of inactivity during SOE to when DOG took over took a lot more players away. The revamp got rid of a lot of players too. The game spent far too long in periods of dormancy and transition throughout the years which stopped it from really getting a large player base. Now it is abandoned and you all need to face that reality. Enjoy it while you can till they turn the servers off.

The only thing I’m unsure of is why they don’t do a Pox 2.0, they have thousands of art pieces , lore etc and many devoted fans still, it would work. I would even love to see a Pox RPG game for PS4 that would be sick and there’s More than enough back story for it and awesome lore and characters.

Alakhami likes this.
  10. calisk

calisk I need me some PIE!

money I assume, it costs money to make games, and "pox 2" is no exception to that.

no guarantee pox 2 would bring any players to the game regardless.

they'd make more profit simply getting ghost writers to write books for pox at this point, I'd read them anyway, war hammer does a lot of the lore books thing.

11. LoserSlick

LoserSlick Devotee of the Blood Owl

highly doubt poxnora just disappears. the ip has value. it has novelty and there is a market for this specific type of game. consider, for example, the f2p game "Brawlhalla" (poor-mans smash brothers).

but i do think, at this point, that devs have simply spent waaay too many years consistently "doing it wrong" for them not to hand this thing off to another team.

game needs a fresh set of eyes