Lightning Lance/Spear of Storms (FS/SP equipment)

Discussion in 'Rune Ideas and Suggestions' started by Sirius, Mar 14, 2016.

1. Sirius

Sirius I need me some PIE!

The name doesn't really matter much to me.

The equipment is designed to be run in either FS, SP, or a split and is intended to work especially well for a particular champion idea I have (to be posted and linked soon).

This idea was inspired by a few things: Voil Stormspear and the weapon in his art; the fact that I've been playing a FS/SP split Electricity bg (and I think it's very cool and this would work as a nice support for it); SP's Lightning Storm synergizing with water terrain.

And also somewhat inspired by the fighting style of this spear dude from Bleach, who likes to fight people with both his waves and his spear (from 19:25 on the video, since I can't link to a particular time):

----------------------------------------------------------------------------

So, here it is:

Spear of Storms
    Rune Type:
    Equipment
    Faction: FS/SP
    Effect: Equipped champion gains Attack: Electricity and Running Start. Forglar Swamps champions also gain Stormstriker/Stormlancer (This champion deals 30% more damage when attacking a champion occupying Water). Shattered Peaks champions also gain Stormseeker.
    Artwork: A trident/guan dao like weapon looking like electricity is being channeled through it. Electricity doesn't spread around everywhere, but rather seems more focused/directed. (Or Voil Stormspear's weapon could just be reused.)
    Flavor text: He who can handle this spear will be granted mastery over storms (or "will hold the storms at his command"). (Just a suggestion, feel free to find something else.)
    Nora Cost: 35?

---------------------------------------------------------------------------

Attack: Electricity is obvious. But since I designed this to help support the FS/SP split, I think it'll help with champions like Augur of the Deep and Tidemaster. It allows anything to be an electricity champion (by paying the price) and doesn't require the user to cast Ionization twice to grant AP to non-electricity champions.

Running Start/Flying doesn't necessarily have to be there. I added it for flavor reasons (a master of the storms running fast to gain flight seems pretty cool). It also has some uses for things like Elder Mukwurm being able to walk over his own Hungry Mire, which is a situation that comes up more often than you'd think.

Stormstriker/Stormlancer is a new ability. A champion with it deals 30% more damage when attacking a champion occupying Water.
    It's inspired by the spell Lightning Storm dealing extra damage to champions occupying Water. However, I thought 50% extra damage would be too much; Hunter abilities are already problematic and Lightning Storm is a single cast thing, not a permanent ability.
    Originally, I wanted to add Tidal Wave instead of Stormstriker/Stormlancer, but I like this one better. And besides, there's already PLENTY of water gen out there.

Stormseeker is cool and I want it on an equipment, just like Aurora Lance grants Lightseeker.

(As for anyone complaining that "Skystorm Spear already exists"... well, it's not my fault that it's the wrong faction. And it does different stuff.)

So yeah, that's about all I have to say for now. FS/SP Electricity is cool and this would be an awesome support rune to have. The champion pair for it is what I'll be posting sometime later.

Last edited: Mar 17, 2016
    noamkeren and IMAGIRL like this.
  2. gamengamenut

gamengamenut I need me some PIE!

"As Luga's hand clasped the jolting shaft of the magical spear, he felt the soul of the storm course through his veins."

Sirius likes this.
  3. Sirius

Sirius I need me some PIE!

I like this more, esp the "felt the soul of the storm course through his veins" bit. (That being said, I couldn't help reading that line as innuendo.)
    I feel like this is closer to the ideal flavor text.

4. gamengamenut

gamengamenut I need me some PIE!

lol dude, you and yo sicko mind. but hey! it's a good line hahaha