Lims on PS4

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by GoldTiger, Nov 30, 2016.

1. GoldTiger

GoldTiger I need me some PIE!

Since there won't be trading does that mean players should get their shinys/collections finished now, else you won't be able to on the PS4?

2. Cinder405

Cinder405 I need me some PIE!

I think you can still trade but only through the website. The way I understand it is Any trades that happen via the website will reflect on the PS4 account. But it WONT Double your runes.

3. TeaNinja

TeaNinja I need me some PIE!

Source?

4. GoldTiger

GoldTiger I need me some PIE!

This says otherwise.

Scrambles likes this.
  5. TeaNinja

It'd be great if PSN players could once only clone their PSN Pox account to PC.

6. Axeraiser

Axeraiser I need me some PIE!

Hang on so if someone who sees this on PsN decided to get it how are they supposed to get runes etc ? Forced to play on PC? Which defeats the purpose of releasing the game on PS4 no? I don't get it.

Scrambles likes this.
  7. TeaNinja

Forge them with shards or buy packs/boxes with gold/$$$.

8. Orubus

Orubus Devotee of the Blood Owl

This.

However, if they have access to PS4, they have access to internet don't they? Don't they come with browsers nowadays

SPiEkY likes this.
  9. Tweek516

Tweek516 I need me some PIE!

I find this whole thing very strange.

super71, Excalibur95 and SPiEkY like this.
  10. bambino

bambino I need me some PIE!

u can trade from your pc to pc ,, but not pc to psn,,,, and Im unclear if psn players can trade with each other..looks like no,,, but im not sure....
    more so,,,,, if a person who never played pox,, and decides to make an account using the psn,,,,,, then I dont think that person can just goto to the Internet (poxnora.com) and log in,,, it wouldnt recognize there psn account. totally different. .and no access to there psn runes.....
    is this correct? what do u guys think?

11. calisk

calisk I need me some PIE!

sounds like ps4 will suck.

I mean I love trading, I been gone for apparently 4 expansions, traded some old le runs pox box and i'm all caught up in less then an hour.

I like the free rune model but the lack of community interaction will be a problem in the long run for me.

I hope at least that you can trade between each other on psn...I mean dust one the best worst games on the ps3 allowed trading

12. Bondman007

Bondman007 I need me some PIE!

They never said trading was out, they just said that "your PC account and PSN account will no longer have parity." This could mean that moving the PC stuff to the PSN servers will be a one time ordeal and after that you will basically have two accounts. Whatever you do on your PS4 account will not reflect on your PC account and vice versa. So, whatever runes you buy/trade on PSN will not move over to your PC account and vice versa. Therefore, only PC guys can buy/trade with PC guys and PSN guys can buy/trade with PSN guys. However, hopefully, we will ALL be able to play each other (PC vs PSN).

13. calisk

don't think playing each other would work really, won't the ps4 version need a lot more time to make moves with a controller. seems like it would be tougher to select runes and make moves. at least that's what I woul expect.

Excalibur95 likes this.
  14. Bondman007

Well, it is supposedly going to be cross-platform, but there is also a whisper that the turn timer is going to increase to make up for this hindrance.

This, honestly, is where they should introduce the "timer bank." Each player begins the game with 3 minutes (or even 1 or 2, whatever) in a timer bank. Once per round the player can pause the game timer in which the bank timer begins counting down to allow for extra time during big turns especially power turns. When the bank timer expires the player can no longer pause the game timer. It wouldn't add much to the game times and would allow players that few extra precious seconds to finish a long turn.

15. DiCEM0nEY

DiCEM0nEY I need me some PIE!

Lol, that really sucks....

16. Gaedel

Gaedel I need me some PIE!

Can't trade on PS4, only PC. Buy runes on one it will not appear on other after one-time transfer. On PS4 extra runes can be sharded, new runes can be purchased in packs/boxes from Playstation Store, or purchased with shards or gold in Poxnora. There will be no "Poxbox" for PS4. I believe you would be able to buy gold from the Playstation Store, which is a way to buy individual runes. Individual runes will not be available to buy from Playstation Store. If you really think about it, it should only be an issue with new releases, you would have to wait until they are available to get by sharding or buy with gold. It seems to be an issue to us on PC who are used to the old way, but new PS4 players probably will not have an issue, thinking it is normal.

17. Excalibur95

Excalibur95 I need me some PIE!

cant wait for the 2:30 turn timer... <end sarcasm>

18. Bondman007

That's why they need to introduce a time bank or some other feature so that games don't get extended for exuberant amount of time. Think about it, with a time bank of 3 minutes per player, each game could ONLY get extended a MAX of 6 mins. If they just increase the turn timer games could be extended MUCH longer than 6 mins (or whatever bank they would like to allocate to players).

SireofSuns likes this.
  19. calisk

not quite sure how the time bank exactly handles it to save time.

I mean let's say on pc it takes you 0:40 seconds to deploy 2 runes and move 8 pieces.

if it takes the ps4 user 1:30 to make the same move, you aren't going to be on the same playing field because they will quickly start to eat up that bank as the game gets even a little more complex and when that time expires? well the pc user wins by default essentially.

although rare i've had 1 hour+ long games against sp with dozens of runes with summons on the board at a time the ps4 player would not stand a chance in that environment

SPiEkY likes this.
  20. Excalibur95

Excalibur95 I need me some PIE!

its silly to think pc players wont have a huge advantage over PSN players, bring on the rage quits haha