List of global abilities which should be changed

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by DiCEM0nEY, Mar 30, 2017.

1. DiCEM0nEY

DiCEM0nEY I need me some PIE!

Divine favor (weakens good stuff, as opposed to dark favor which is based on opponent deck)
    Gift (should be weakened to one deploy)
    Seism (make less effective to close relics)
    Ice stars
    Disbelief
    Unholy tomb
    Marsh song
    Battle leader
    Arctic wail
    Mirefolk resurgence (good ability, but fs will always be impossible to balance with it due to over efficient bonus)
    Frost amp
    Acid amp
    Adaptive
    Substantiate
    Chop block
    Drain vitality
    Fire amp
    Psychic amp
    The resistance
    Nora mine ( or rework)
    Vengeful
    Snovigie greeting
    Augment creation
    Collective
    Soulreave
    Throne of the Circle
    Magic Amp
    Orb of protection
    Uninhibited terrain generation (glacier engine, flooded generator, etc)
    Tariff
    Mobilisation
    Font eruption
    Disease amp
    Eroding Winds
    Relic overload
    Unspeakable
    Extraction (blue belly SP nora gen)
    Sermon

Feel free to include ones I forgot that you think warrant redesign for healthier gameplay.

Last edited: Jun 30, 2017
  2. Ballballer

Ballballer Chief Antagonist

Hey guys! I found the terrible version of MW

3. davre

davre The Benevolent Technofascist

a couple u forgot:

boost
    surge
    bone circle
    altar of bones
    dark favor
    dark healing
    tariff
    vengeful

JellyBerry and SPiEkY like this.
  4. themacca

themacca Master of Challenges

We didn't think we could downgrade

Leadrz likes this.
  5. Etherielin

Etherielin The Floof Cultist

One thing that amused me was that magic amp didn't make the list. Perhaps @DiCEM0nEY wants to buff KF in secret? #I'mOntoYou

6. darklord48

darklord48 Forum Royalty

Whether you think global abilities are a problem or not, boost is not an example. I don't want to go to the days of killing a hurt champ because I move it one step outside the AoE.

aseryen, Tweek516, DiCEM0nEY and 2 others like this.
  7. DiCEM0nEY

I didn't forget boost (removing hp would cause units to die if user was not careful frequently, would feel stupid)

Surge is the same as escalation, it isn't an OP global IMO, its more the burst that comes from things like dark rising that make it OP. It is different from amplifications which are truly global, where as surge is global only to promote snowballing and late game progression.

bone circle is a reactive global against speficially damage spells, which has counter play, and only PARTIALLY limits a select few runes. Spells don't require much positioning, so this isnt cancerous.

dark favor isn't as bad as divine favor, since it hurts the enemy, not heals ur super units. Still, argument could be made it shouldn't be global, wasn't sure tbh. I just don't see how it needs to be not global ATM.

dark healing being a global actually weakens it, since you can't control where the heal goes, but the enemy can. You are both paying nora for it as well.

vengeful was on the list

Altar of bones is so bad, I don't even use it in skeleton decks. I'd rather it be AOE 5 and cost 20 nora anyways, that'd be a huge buff.

8. Tweek516

Tweek516 I need me some PIE!

Guys apparently divine favour is better than dark favour. Who knew.

But seriously, do you actually believe this stuff?

9. calisk

calisk I need me some PIE!

Wow arctic wail made a nerf list....

10. themacca

because arctic wail is some massive bullshit.

DiCEM0nEY likes this.
  11. GemmaXylia

GemmaXylia Forum Royalty

Yeah cause divine favour weakens good stuff!!
    But dark favor depends on the enemy deck!!

Lmao this is ridiculous, dark favor the loss of life with no counter (apart from maybe like refute?) depends on the enemy deck... but divine favor which mostly is controlled by the enemy (leaving units with half Hp) can be easily countered (by inhibited, decaying etc) is better? It weakens good stuff?? That is not an argument wtf

12. DiCEM0nEY

The argument is the global aspect. For ur information I don't think it should go through things like impervious. But divine favor also goes through impervious. Rather see df not be global, and darkf made to not work against EVERYTHING. Most particular bubbles and impervious

13. calisk

sarcasm? I can never tell anymore on these forums...like this whole thread could be some sarcastic troll and I just don't know

Last edited: Mar 31, 2017
  14. nepyonisdead

nepyonisdead I need me some PIE!

Ok can someone make the list of any ability that didn't make the list of OP needs nerf Snogivie greeting made me Firking lol ... a pincushion is better than 90 Nora snogivie without that ...

Unholy tomb?? It wa just nerfed and with seism u need 25 Nora more before u can put it out

Won't even bother going with the rest of the list but yeah mate I think pox ain't for you

Etherielin and SPiEkY like this.
  15. themacca

note that im an FW player that regularly will have

Warbanner=25
    Unholy Tomb=45
    Tome of hate=45
    Graveyard=45
    skull of decay=20
    Elsarin Vex=20

for 50 nora ST is able to absolutely demolish my entire game set up and then the game is practcailly over for me

XFurionsX and Kampel like this.
  16. calisk

so a very slow answer to behind the shrine relic gimicks can eventually destroy relics behind your shrine.

first let's be honest as a general answer to relics, this spell is not that great it takes 2 casts or 6 rounds in almost any deck to accomplish a relic kill where a seism can do it on deploy and brings a champ body with it. no this spell is ONLY good against fw and pretty much just the relics you listed their. if pox had a side deck wail would be in it and only get subbed in against the fw opponent, as that is what this spell was practically designed for.

a fw relic deck facing wail is no different then any deck in pox facing a bad match up, i.e spirits against fairies or wizard throne deck, or summons vs swarms, or kb vs unstoppables. it's not an auto lose it's just an up hill battle.

but wail is still a generally underwhelming spell even if it does well in the one match up it was designed for, originally wail was designed to deal with fw's behind the shrine BS so it being good at doing just that is not surprising. name me another match up where it's anything more then a -2 def spell, also worth mentioning they will be blowing up their own relics while using wail

Last edited: Mar 31, 2017
    mortal ix likes this.
  17. Capitulator

Capitulator I need me some PIE!

Boost could easily become: "At the end of this unit's turn, friendly champions within 8 spaces that share a race with this unit gain +5 HP for 3 turns."

18. davre

davre The Benevolent Technofascist

Hey, at least your totally real opponents that you constantly face in actual games of poxnora and not contrived scenarios have the courtesy to wait until all of your relics are deployed before casting wail.

Etherielin and Tweek516 like this.
  19. DiCEM0nEY

Not realizing cursed tomb is op.

Yes, almost every fw theme relies on relics. Skeletons use
    1 or two graveyard,
    skull decay (which might need a cost increase or power nerf)
    cursed tomb,
    altar of bones next patch...maybe...nah,
    bone circle,
    bone mine (in some cases it sucks to lose these)
    Sac altar (has 15 HP)

Zombies use a ton of them as well. And witches , vampires. Worms have creeping pulsate, not sure about others.

20. calisk

everyone uses relics, fw is the exception that still has a ton that can be deployed no where near the front lines and get some benefit out of it, and the only reason a global relic removal spell( even a slow one ) is worth even considering over a seism due to the volume they use